Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > help with GarageBand loops

help with GarageBand loops
vtboyarc
Forum Regular
Dec 11, 2007, 12:35 AM

Hi,
I've had my MacBook for a few months now, and I just barely tried using garageband. when I try opening a music loop, it says I don't have them installed on my computer, and I can use software update to download and install the entire set of loops for free. however, when I click ok, and software update comes up, and checks for new stuff, it doesn't find anything. what can I do?

vtboyarc  (op)
Forum Regular
Dec 11, 2007, 12:50 AM

and I don't have my install dvd that came with the computer, I have no idea where it is.

DarkStarRed
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 9, 2008, 10:15 AM

Wow didn't catch this back in December! Any way I assume you have a .Mac membership because you need one if you want to download the free loops "their demo's" not full package but still good.
This is the reason why your not able to, if your not a Dot Mac member.

analogika
Posting Junkie
Jan 9, 2008, 12:25 PM

They should be in

yourharddisk/Library/Audio/Apple Loops/Apple/Apple Loops for GarageBand

If that folder is empty or doesn't exist, then you'll have to re-install the GarageBand loops from the original install disks.

If you can't find it, Apple Support will supply you with a replacement for a nominal fee (something like 20 bucks).

Forum Links
Forum Rules