Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > I think I killed it...help?

I think I killed it...help?
vtboyarc
Forum Regular
Feb 15, 2010, 05:22 PM

Hi all...well, I jailbroke my iphone with blackra1n. It was nice, but the phone was waaaay too slow. So I decided to re-set it. I went into settings on the phone, then there was a re-set option that erases all media and data, I chose that, it came up with a warning saying it may take 2 hours, I continued. It's now been around 20 hours later...
what is happening is this: the phone sits there with the apple start up logo. The screen goes black, the logo comes back on, with that spinning wheel thing, but it doesn't spin. A few minutes later, it goes black again, the logo appears back up, shortly after, the wheel again. Its been repeating this for about 20 hours. What do I do?
When I plug it up to my computer, it (obviously) doesn't recognize it. I'm kinda freaked out. Any help would be great appreciated!
( Last edited by vtboyarc; Feb 15, 2010 at 05:23 PM. Reason: mis-spelling)

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Feb 15, 2010, 05:33 PM

Did you follow the restore instructions given by the blackra1n vendor? To be honest, this is why Apple doesn't want people screwing around with their phones using third party hacks.

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

vtboyarc  (op)
Forum Regular
Feb 15, 2010, 05:38 PM

shoot....I never thought to look for instructions...does anyone know what is wrong and what I can do?

vtboyarc  (op)
Forum Regular
Feb 15, 2010, 05:47 PM

wow I fixed it! I tried holding down the sleep and home button, and it turned it off, right before it turned back on, I held down the home button and plugged it into my computer, putting it into recovery mode. iTunes is now restoring it! whew!

Forum Links
Forum Rules