Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > News > Tech News > Limited edition Sonos Play:1 Blue commemorates Blue Note Records

Limited edition Sonos Play:1 Blue commemorates Blue Note Records
NewsPoster
MacNN Staff
Feb 4, 2015, 12:21 PM

In order to "commemorate 75 years and counting of Blue Note Records," speaker company Sonos has debuted the Sonos Play:1 Blue Note Limited Edition wireless streaming speaker. The speaker, identical to the original Sonos Play:1, will be available online only in limited quantities, and for a short time.

The specifications of the speaker haven't changed -- the device still has two Class-D digital amplifiers, with a tweeter and a mid-woofer. Sonos Controller software for OS X and Windows is included with the Wi-Fi streaming speaker.

The Blue Note Play:1 will be sold exclusively on Sonos.com for $250, a $50 premium over the regular edition. Only 4,100 have been manufactured.

( Last edited by NewsPoster; Feb 5, 2015 at 03:38 AM. )

slboett
Grizzled Veteran
Feb 4, 2015, 12:25 PM

I love my SONOS system here, but $50 for blue? Eff me.

Charles Martin
Mac Elite
Feb 5, 2015, 03:59 AM

Yes, it's a shameless gimmick: but jazz lovers are a well-to-do market that will probably cough up for the nice colour, and to vote their admiration for Blue Note.
Charles Martin
MacNN Editor

Forum Links
Forum Rules