Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Macintosh...The Naked Truth

Macintosh...The Naked Truth
Justin W. Williams
Mac Elite
Apr 4, 2002, 06:45 PM

Anyone read this book?

I picked it up yesterday afternoon and finished it off in a good three hours. Couldn't put it down. It was like my bible. Told my life story.

I'd recommend to all if you wanna just have a good time reading a book.

Anyone else read and want to comment on it?
Justin Williams
Chicks Really Dig Me
AIM - iTikki [NEW AND IMPROVED!]
http://www.tikkirulz.com

KaptainKaya
Mac Elite
Apr 4, 2002, 06:48 PM

I loved it, saw it at B&N last weekend and had to have it. Glad someone else liked it too

Justin W. Williams  (op)
Mac Elite
Apr 4, 2002, 06:58 PM

yeah. it was the first book i actually finished in a LONG time. I have so many half read books. its pathetic.
Justin Williams
Chicks Really Dig Me

ReggieX
Professional Poster
Apr 4, 2002, 07:08 PM

Chapter 8. "Don't Pick Fights with People who Buy Ink by the Barrel" . PC Users Write Me Nasty Letters, and I Give Them the Public Flogging They So Richly Deserve.

I may have to buy it based on that alone.

[ 04-04-2002: Message edited by: ReggieX ]
The Lord said 'Peter, I can see your house from here.'

Justin W. Williams  (op)
Mac Elite
Apr 4, 2002, 07:21 PM

Originally posted by ReggieX:
<STRONG>Chapter 8. "Don't Pick Fights with People who Buy Ink by the Barrel" . PC Users Write Me Nasty Letters, and I Give Them the Public Flogging They So Richly Deserve.

I may have to buy it based on that alone.

[ 04-04-2002: Message edited by: ReggieX ]</STRONG>
Great chapter. IF you read Mac Design though, its just letters he took from previous Letter Columns.
Justin Williams
Chicks Really Dig Me

gorgonzola
Admin Emeritus
Apr 4, 2002, 07:26 PM

What's it about?
"Do not be too positive about things. You may be in error." (C. F. Lawlor, The Mixicologist)

eep!
Mac Elite
Apr 4, 2002, 07:57 PM

Originally posted by gorgonzola:
<STRONG>What's it about?</STRONG>
it's about how aliens are controlling people by implanting bluetooth technology into their heads and using these people to stop us copying cds because every time we burn a cd it sucks gas through some weird dimensional shift from their planet to ours. they need this gas to live (they also power their spacecraft with it) fortunately for us it's harmless. so we don't notic really.

scottiB
Professional Poster
Apr 4, 2002, 08:11 PM

From the Publisher
An irreverent, off-the-wall, PC-slammin', totally-biased look at Apple, and what it's like to be a Mac user stuck in a Windows dominated world. Macintosh...The Naked Truth is definitely not another Mac how-to book; it's a mass-market, personality book about a computer platform and the people who love it, and the love/hate relationship they have with Apple. It's about what you feel, how you're treated (and mistreated), and what it's really like living life in the computing minority.The book, based upon the author's hugely popular magazine column, takes a humorous, evangelical look at Apple Computer and what it's like to be a Macintosh user living in a PC-dominated world. The success of Kelby's column lies in the fact that although it makes serious points about Apple's shortcomings, and what it's really like being a Mac user, it presents them in a humorous, often sarcastic, and occasionally sophomoric way that Mac users love. It's brash, unapologetic, insightful, controversial, outspoken, and often hilarious, peppered with 100% Macintosh attitude. Although it pokes light-hearted fun at everyone from Apple CEO Steve Jobs to the PC users manning the Apple section of CompUSA, each chapter contains an underlying message of Apple evangelism, and it can often be as inspiring as it is funny.
Sold.
I am stupidest when I try to be funny.

Macintosh
Banned
Apr 4, 2002, 08:16 PM

I read this book in a couple days and I must say it is amazing. I love how Scott Kelby paints a picture of what a hell CompUSA is when you enter it.

"People were layiing in the aisles on the way back to the 'ASS' (Apple Store Within A Store), some never make it to the 'ASS' you know?"

juanvaldes
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 4, 2002, 09:36 PM

Chapter 5.
How to Resist the Overwhelming Temptation to Strangle Apple's Management. Is �Apple Management� an Oxymoron? And is �Oxymoron� Actually a Synonym for a pimple Cream for Really Dumb People?
...must....buy...book......ahhh......can't....spen d....money.....must....must...buy...book......
The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it always to be kept alive.
- Thomas Jefferson, 1787

Justin W. Williams  (op)
Mac Elite
Apr 5, 2002, 08:29 PM

Originally posted by juanvaldes:
<STRONG>

...must....buy...book......ahhh......can't....spen d....money.....must....must...buy...book......</STRONG>

I'd let you borrow my copy, but I already loaned it out to a friend
Justin Williams
Chicks Really Dig Me

Forum Links
Forum Rules