Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > HD TV Connector

HD TV Connector
b00tang
Forum Regular
Aug 25, 2002, 04:23 PM

Ok friend of mine just bought the coolest accessory to connect tv to his computer... Check out http://www.viewsonic.com/products/vi...x_vb50hrtv.htm
and
http://www.viewsonic.com/products/vi...extvision5.htm

and someone tell me if there is any way at all to hook this thing up with my 17" G4 imac, cause I know i would love it, and i know all of you would love it... damn there must be some way!!!! I was just watching tv on his monitor and it was beautiful
any thoughts leave them here
ipod why have you forsaken me?!?!?!

Mac Zealot
Professional Poster
Aug 28, 2002, 08:24 AM

I believe there are external TV tuners you can buy for mac... can't remember the name of them right now, however.
In a realm beyond site, the sky shines gold, not blue, there the Triforce's might makes mortal dreams come true.

b00tang  (op)
Forum Regular
Aug 29, 2002, 11:24 AM

yeah but a lot of them don't look that great, I have just seen this one and it is incredible on a computer monitor,, it looks beautiful... I would love to see it on an imac screen but just don't think its possible...
ipod why have you forsaken me?!?!?!

tooki
Admin Emeritus
Aug 31, 2002, 02:08 AM

Absolutely impossible. The iMac's flat panel is basically digitally hardwired to the graphics chip. The ViewSonic's output is analog (VGA).

tooki

Forum Links
Forum Rules