Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > iBook - USB Problems in 10.2.1

iBook - USB Problems in 10.2.1
Jazzphone
Forum Regular
Sep 21, 2002, 04:55 PM

Ever since I installed 10.2.1 and I leave my iBook on for about 12 hours straight the USB will go out and my mouse or keyboard wont work. I unplug them both in and out and they dont work. After about 5 minutes of doing this they "Might" come back. If they do come back the Dock doesnt magnify and the menus dont show the selected item and submenus dont open. The Stop Lights at the top of the windows dont hoover with the x - + buttons. So I end up having to restart. And well I like bragging about my uptime. this is a real pain for me. Anyone have a fix or have similar problems?

bleee
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 21, 2002, 06:04 PM

Originally posted by Jazzphone:
Ever since I installed 10.2.1 and I leave my iBook on for about 12 hours straight the USB will go out and my mouse or keyboard wont work. I unplug them both in and out and they dont work. After about 5 minutes of doing this they "Might" come back. If they do come back the Dock doesnt magnify and the menus dont show the selected item and submenus dont open. The Stop Lights at the top of the windows dont hoover with the x - + buttons. So I end up having to restart. And well I like bragging about my uptime. this is a real pain for me. Anyone have a fix or have similar problems?
Hmm I have the same iBook as you and I haven't experienced that problem, the only thing I have noticed with 10.2.1 is that they haven't fixed the low battery message problem when you wake your iBook from sleep. I've had my iBook up for about 4days straight before rebooting.

BTW uptime also a measure of how out of date your O/S is in terms of patches/fixes

ehunt
Forum Regular
Sep 25, 2002, 11:51 AM

Originally posted by bleee:

Hmm I have the same iBook as you and I haven't experienced that problem, the only thing I have noticed with 10.2.1 is that they haven't fixed the low battery message problem when you wake your iBook from sleep. I've had my iBook up for about 4days straight before rebooting.

BTW uptime also a measure of how out of date your O/S is in terms of patches/fixes
Prpblems I have been having is when it goes to sleep it requires a restart...i have been toying with the energy saver settings thinking this may be a problem but nothing works yet....oh, and I'm running 10.2.1, sig block needs to be updated!
: MB Pro 17" 2.16GHz Intel I MB Air 1.6GHz I iPhone 3G I iPod Nano & Shuffle I PB G4 867Mhz I AirPort Extreme 802.11n I Time Capsule
MISC : Lacie D2±RW Dual Layer I Canon Powershot A700 & HV10 I SONY PSP & PS3(60gig) I Western Digital 500GB

[email protected]
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 26, 2002, 08:45 AM

I decided to try 10.2.1 on after my iBook developed a tendency to get kernel panics under 10.1.5. (10.2 is really expencive in Norway, but one of my customers offered it to me, so I saw no reason to decline...)

I've also experienced - in the 2 days I've been running 10.2.1 on my iBook - 2 sleeps where I've had to repower to get the machine up.

I don't like this...

Bankmann
---------------------------------------------------
Phat Basterd: G4/450DP - 1GB RAM/735GB HD
Chiaki: iBook G3/700 - 256MB RAM/30GB HD
& at least 8 other Macs in the closet...

[email protected]
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 26, 2002, 08:47 AM

expencive
Whoops...

Bankmann
---------------------------------------------------
Phat Basterd: G4/450DP - 1GB RAM/735GB HD
Chiaki: iBook G3/700 - 256MB RAM/30GB HD
& at least 8 other Macs in the closet...

Forum Links
Forum Rules