Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Wondering how long customs usually takes?

Wondering how long customs usually takes?
forcelite
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 2, 2003, 01:04 PM

I cant beielve how long customs is taking. My PB was shipped last Thusday 4-01 and it was in customs 4:00 AM on the first. Well fedex says its still in customs as of now 12:00 pm 4-02.

Could this just be a lack of fed-sx updating thier status or is it prolly still in customs. It still has to be shiped to texas and then moved to waco and then de3livered by truck. What do yall think?

Forcelite

parsec_kadets
Senior User
Apr 2, 2003, 01:18 PM

It could be both. However, when they first introduced the Ti orders were held up in customs for a week because of issues with the laser in the CD drive. But if that were happening we would have heard about it by now.

gururafiki
Grizzled Veteran
Apr 2, 2003, 03:06 PM

Originally posted by forcelite:
I cant beielve how long customs is taking. My PB was shipped last Thusday 4-01 and it was in customs 4:00 AM on the first. Well fedex says its still in customs as of now 12:00 pm 4-02.

Could this just be a lack of fed-sx updating thier status or is it prolly still in customs. It still has to be shiped to texas and then moved to waco and then de3livered by truck. What do yall think?

Forcelite
It's probably not being held up at customs for any bad reasons. Shipping (unfortunately) takes time. FedEx will probably deliver it on the schedualed day/time as they did with mine.

forcelite  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 2, 2003, 04:43 PM

schedule time is today. And the tracking says its still in customs

I honestly beleive I will be lucky to get it on friday.

jtbowden
Forum Regular
Apr 2, 2003, 08:00 PM

Mine spent, according to FedEx, exactly zero time in customs. Customs is a federal thing, you just never know how long its going to take...

nobitacu
Mac Elite
Apr 2, 2003, 08:08 PM

Weird... mine only took a day for my powerbook to be cleared and shipped again from Alaska.

Ming
A Proud Mac User Since: 03/24/03
Apple Computer: MacBook 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 3 GB Memory, 120 GB HD

forcelite  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 2, 2003, 08:36 PM

Well the fed ex site finnaly shows my package cleared and is making its way to TN. Ill be lucky to get it by tommarow making it a total of a week shipping. That has nothing to do with how long it took to process an order. Also this is a 12" BTO mind you, not the 17"

Thanks for your thoughts though

Forum Links
Forum Rules