Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Is there a Mac App for this...

Is there a Mac App for this...
Mac Guru
Mac Elite
Jun 13, 2003, 02:08 AM

I am keeping a chart of scores for a summer event and would like an easier way to do this...

http://dci.jamesmeister.com/

Currently I am using OmniGraffle and with every new set of ranks and scores I have to manually copy and paste in a new column, relocate the icons in the correct rank and manually input a score...

What I would like to know is... is there an app out there, that will take a folder of icons, and based on numerical data input in said app, organize the icons in a column for that day and display it like I have this chart, then publish to a URL?

Or is OG the best for this?

A PHP or SQL based system would be cool as well but not required.

Mac Guru

Mithras
Professional Poster
Jun 13, 2003, 07:21 AM

PHP could do that pretty quickly.

If you give me access to the original icons for each team, and explain how the scoring system works, I'd be happy to whip up some code for you to produce that PNG.

I'm imagining just reading a tab-delimited file with team names in rows, and scores across in columns.

You could also have a web page for entering said scores...

gregomni
Forum Regular
Jun 13, 2003, 11:19 AM

Originally posted by Mac Guru:
What I would like to know is... is there an app out there, that will take a folder of icons, and based on numerical data input in said app, organize the icons in a column for that day and display it like I have this chart, then publish to a URL?

Or is OG the best for this?[/B]
You could also automate doing it the way you are now using OmniGraffle via AppleScript...

Diggory Laycock
Professional Poster
Jun 13, 2003, 12:12 PM

Forum Links
Forum Rules