Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > QTSS outside of LAN...

QTSS outside of LAN...
rlorenc
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 22, 2003, 11:20 PM

I have a problem with a QTSS running on a LAN that will not let me access its streams from outside of that LAN. I do not know all of the details but I was wondering if there was anything that anyone could give me the heads-up about concerning how I might be able to allow users outside of this particular network to access the streams. Static IP addresses are used by the QTSS and on outside client machines (Mac OS X 10.2.8, running QT 6.3 included) only either "configuring" or "Connecting..." shows up, the former message being present when I have my QT transport settings set to configure automatically.

Is there anything I should immediately look for in order to resolve this problem?

I apologize that I can't provide more specific information.

Thanks.

Forum Links
Forum Rules