Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Odd problem with Mail and Addressbook in 10.3

Odd problem with Mail and Addressbook in 10.3
Mac Guru
Mac Elite
Oct 25, 2003, 10:21 AM

I just did a fresh install and format yesterday to install Panther and as always backed up my stuff.

Well upon reinstallation of all my backup files I dragged in my old Mail folder and my address book database only to find that neither AddressBook nor Mail will recognize thier existence.

Does anyone know why this would be? These were from a previous upgrade to Panther (same CD's) so I know they work.

Mac Guru

cpac
Professional Poster
Oct 25, 2003, 10:50 AM

Originally posted by Mac Guru:
I just did a fresh install and format yesterday to install Panther and as always backed up my stuff.

Well upon reinstallation of all my backup files I dragged in my old Mail folder and my address book database only to find that neither AddressBook nor Mail will recognize thier existence.

Does anyone know why this would be? These were from a previous upgrade to Panther (same CD's) so I know they work.

Mac Guru
Did you drag over your preference files as well? I know you need to do this for Mail to recognize your old accounts.

As for address book, I had some problems initially, but replacing the entire Address Book folder in ~/Library/Application Support/ with the backup of the same fixed the problem.
cpac

Mac Guru  (op)
Mac Elite
Oct 25, 2003, 07:59 PM

Unfortunatly I think I walked away without the pref file... is there any way to maybe setup the accounts and prefs the same way and hope that it takes em?

As for addressbook, I did that and it didn't want to recognize them

Mac Guru

Forum Links
Forum Rules