Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > Rhapsody 48x48 folder icons

Rhapsody 48x48 folder icons
barbarian
Senior User
Dec 20, 2003, 02:38 AM

Does anyone have the actual icons used in Rhapsody lying around... I'm specifically interested in the 48x48 folder & HD icons.

I know there are many 3rd party versions, I'm looking for the ones from Apple.

barbarian  (op)
Senior User
Mar 24, 2004, 01:21 PM

anybody?

cgc
Professional Poster
Mar 24, 2004, 02:57 PM

I assume you checked the icons in Max's Rhapsody theme...

u2zoo
Forum Regular
Mar 24, 2004, 03:39 PM

Max's theme only has folder icons... no harddrive ones.

Nope, I haven't seen a complete set of Rhap. icons and Max has said he doesn't have the time to do one.

Slightly unrelated: I have been using the BeOS Icons set myself - I think it works well with Rhap. So does the bluecurve set used in Max's QNX theme. I don't have a link for that... sorry. It was mentioned in the forums a few weeks ago, do a search for that.

barbarian  (op)
Senior User
Mar 24, 2004, 08:47 PM

Well I've been trying to find the actual icons from the OS... I saw them out there a while ago when a CD image of Rhapsody was floating around. The platinum 48x48 folder and drive icons in Rhapsody are better than any 3rd party version of the platinum icons I have seen (I've seen 3 or 4 3rd party 48x48 and 128x128 platinum icons). There are both subtle shading and shape variations between the actual icons and the 3rd party ones.... I think there is a copy of these icons in DP1 as well...

Dave Brasgalla
Forum Regular
Mar 25, 2004, 04:41 AM

Originally posted by barbarian:
Well I've been trying to find the actual icons from the OS... I saw them out there a while ago when a CD image of Rhapsody was floating around. The platinum 48x48 folder and drive icons in Rhapsody are better than any 3rd party version of the platinum icons I have seen (I've seen 3 or 4 3rd party 48x48 and 128x128 platinum icons). There are both subtle shading and shape variations between the actual icons and the 3rd party ones.... I think there is a copy of these icons in DP1 as well...
You can find some good screenshots here. You'd need to do a little work cutting and cropping, but the refrence material is pretty clean.

I'll look through my considerable collection of historical Mac icon stuff today and see if I can't locate actual icons for you...

Dave Brasgalla
Forum Regular
Mar 25, 2004, 04:45 AM

More really nice screenshots here . They have very good visual documentation of developer releases 1 & 2.

Dave Brasgalla
Forum Regular
Mar 25, 2004, 04:54 AM

And more reference here . The funny thing is that some of these icons still show in 10.3!

Forum Links
Forum Rules