Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Odd Hinge Noise

Odd Hinge Noise
anaphora68
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 25, 2004, 09:57 PM

I have a 15'' Aluminum Powerbook. Lately, whenever I move the screen I hear a wierd hinge popping noise from left hinge on the screen. It's quite loud and it's a bit unsettling to be honest. The laptop is still covered under the one year applecare plan. I was wondering if I should take it to an Apple store and have them take a look at it? Would this be covered?

Thanks for any help.

ownersbox
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 26, 2004, 09:54 AM

I have the same problem. I talked to the support at my local store, they said it had to deal with springs in the hinge. I'm going to wait for some down time before I can send it for repair...

anaphora68  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 26, 2004, 05:09 PM

Yeah, I'm going to go and talk to the apple rep at a local computer store that my school uses to fix macs. I might just wait for the turnaround time to drop as well. I need my computer for a lot (I'm a college senior) and I can't really afford to be without it. The hinge is a minor inconvenience, but it's a bit unsettling to hear that noise.

On a different note I have the powerbook hooked up to an external display, pretty sweet. I love having two desktops. Now I just can't wait for my bluetooth keyboard to come in.

Forum Links
Forum Rules