Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > power hour/century club/ 60 second mp3 clips software?

power hour/century club/ 60 second mp3 clips software?
b00tang
Forum Regular
Sep 24, 2004, 12:00 AM

Is anyone aware of any software that can take multiple mp3 files (say 60 or 100 of them) and set them to only play for a certain amount of time (say 60 seconds each).

I know Itunes can adjust the length a song will play for but it is a giant pain going through each song in a 60 song playlist and setting it to play for only 60 seconds, and then going through them all again the next day to reset them to play for their full length.

Any quick and easy scripts or programs that could do it for me?

I have seen things that will batch change other properties of mp3s but have had trouble finding success with adjusting the play length (and i'm surprised no one else has asked about this)
ipod why have you forsaken me?!?!?!

mitchell_pgh
Posting Junkie
Sep 24, 2004, 12:31 AM

You are going about it the wrong way... You just play music and run this

http://www.bombaybungalow.com/SOUND.mov

keep it in it's own window...

This way, you can have the music at a lower volume and this at a higher volume...

KEEP YOUR EYE ON THE CLOCK...
(What are you drinking... soda? )

b00tang  (op)
Forum Regular
Sep 24, 2004, 12:38 AM

admittedly, an elegant solution to the problem. Next time that i have all my buddies around and we decide to get crazy and have a few soda-pops i'll be sure to give it a shot.
But just for the sake of the educational pursuit, any other power hour solutions people have come across?
ipod why have you forsaken me?!?!?!

mitchell_pgh
Posting Junkie
Sep 24, 2004, 01:22 AM

Originally posted by b00tang:
admittedly, an elegant solution to the problem. Next time that i have all my buddies around and we decide to get crazy and have a few soda-pops i'll be sure to give it a shot.
But just for the sake of the educational pursuit, any other power hour solutions people have come across?
A friend of mine wrote a shell script that would count them down... but the two things don't work together well...

Forum Links
Forum Rules