Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > Burning from an iPod to a CD on a PC

Burning from an iPod to a CD on a PC
PlacidTubs
Forum Regular
Apr 27, 2005, 06:44 AM

I'm using my iPod with my PC (because it has a larger harddrive) but I rip some songs onto my iBook, and put them onto my iPod from there (for example, when I'm at a gig, and a band lets me copy their EP). I then delete the songs from my iBook as it is only a 30Gb hard drive.

The only problem is, now I have been asked to make a compilation of bands from my area, and have realised that you cant actually burn from the iPod to CD in iTunes. Is there any way of getting round this? I tried iPodRip (as I have it on my ibook where it works beautifully), but the windows version is terrible, and doesn't work properly. Are there any ways to get around this dilema (ie software or little trick) to get this music onto my PC's iTunes?

thank you.

B Gallagher
Grizzled Veteran
Apr 27, 2005, 07:43 AM

Try CopyPod, for Windows.

http://www.copypod.net/help.php#17

And just to clarify, you've only got the songs on your iPod, not on your PC or your iBook? You should really have a backup of them anyways...
MBP 15" C2D 2.2GHz 4.0GB 500GB@5400
iPhone 4 32GB Black

PlacidTubs  (op)
Forum Regular
Apr 27, 2005, 08:27 AM

Thank, I'll ty that software. Yes, it is only on my iPod because I foolishly deleted them off of my iBook believing I could easily transfer them onto my Pc from the iPod.

Forum Links
Forum Rules