Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > worth waiting for leopard?

worth waiting for leopard?
vtboyarc
Forum Regular
Aug 5, 2007, 06:25 PM

I want to get a macbook for college, but I am hoping apple will update to santa rosa chipset, and add a better graphics card. any ideas when this will happen?

macfantn
Mac Elite
Aug 5, 2007, 08:42 PM

"I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin', and hook up with them later"

butterfly0fdoom
Senior User
Aug 5, 2007, 09:19 PM

Santa Rosa MacBooks would be coming in November at the earliest. The only upgrade that Santa Rosa would bring, though, would be X3100, which is still subpar to a discrete chip, but still a slight upgrade to the GMA950 of the Napa MacBooks. Processor speeds would have a slight but insignificant increase. Although LED monitors are likely to be added on, too, which would give probably a 30-minute boost to battery life, if the MBP is any indication.

I just opted to buy my MacBook now and get Leopard later.
MacBook Core 2 Duo 2.16 (Black)
iPod classic 160GB
iPhone 8GB

tavin64
Forum Regular
Aug 10, 2007, 09:49 AM

Since you are a student you could always get ADC student version for $99 right now when you get your macbook. I got mine a couple of weeks ago and apple sent me copies of panther desktop and server and when leopard comes they will send me the same.

Forum Links
Forum Rules