Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > IMAP

IMAP
rytc
Senior User
Oct 26, 2001, 04:29 AM

Does anyone know a simple way to check IMAP mail online as though it were a YAhoo email account? I am referring to Apple's itools, I can check it using my Yahoo account which downloads them into yahoo which is good but when I reply people end up with my yahoo adrees when I'd rather they had my mac address. How does everyone else check their mac address when away from their primary computer i.e. online?

cu Ry

Jerommeke
Mac Elite
Oct 26, 2001, 06:01 AM

when you reply it's logical they will get your yahoo adress, coz you are sending it from there

the only thing you can do is filling the mac.com adress in your yahoo mail settings as a reply-to address...

am i right?
iMac G5 2.0 Ghz 20", 2 GB RAM, 400 GB, OS X 10.4.5, iPod with color screen 60 GB

rytc  (op)
Senior User
Oct 27, 2001, 10:10 PM

Aye, I realise that is why they get the yahoo address but I would've liked a way to avoid this - a simple way to access the mac mail without having to go through YAhoo etc. Yea I have change the eply to adress as my mac one but it still comes up with all the yahoo ads. Apple should add a Web interface for accessing their mail methinks....

cu Ry

dademurphy
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 29, 2001, 02:26 AM

Try this:
http://fog.ccsf.org/mail

Works for me.

Forum Links
Forum Rules