Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > microphone for chat/audio-in ? ... with a twist

microphone for chat/audio-in ? ... with a twist
Krusty
Professional Poster
Oct 28, 2004, 12:38 PM

Suddenly, I've found use for voice chat and am looking for something other than the built-in mic in my eMac (mostly because the eMac is actually high up on a desk and is pretty far from where my face is).
I understand a regular non-amplified mic does not work on the eMac's line in so I plan to get an iMic or a straight-up USB mic (like the micFlex).

Anyway, I have a wonderful pair of sennheiser headphones that I want to keep using but I'd like a "wearable" boom mic. Problem is, the ones I've seen that you wear on you head or neck (preferred form-factor for me) are in headphone/microphone combos (with substantially WORSE headphones than what I have .. unless I spend lots of $$$). The only standalone mics I've found are made to sit on your desk or plug directly into a USB port (like the micFlex) and just sorta point toward you (so you have to be roughly in the same spot and always facing the mic to get good sound).

Has anyone seen what I'm talking about ? A wearable boom style mic that is JUST the mic w/o headphones of any kind (or better yet ... one that has a clip so I could attach is somewhere on the outside of my current headphones.

Forum Links
Forum Rules