Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Good simple html editor for Windows

Good simple html editor for Windows
Krusty
Professional Poster
Feb 20, 2005, 08:08 PM

OK, I know this is a mac forum BUT I'm hoping someone can help me out. I use TacoHTMLEdit (love that program) to edit HTML on my Mac. I'm helping a neighbor set up a big picture gallery with 21 sub-galleries. I wrote an intro page for him, and 4 sub-pages (for the 4 countries he visited), from these pages there are links to his 21 galleries by country. Basically, for the intermediate pages I just made a template for him and he needs to go back and fill in the link and thumbnail values to point to the right galleries.

I've been trying to help him do this (over Skype) and the only editor he has that works is notepad and its a real pain ... no syntax coloring, I spent at least 2 minutes just trying to set the file-type filters correctly so that notepad would open his html files. It'd be a LOT easier if he had some TacoEdit-like program that would just work ... open the files and let him see what's going on easily. Free is essential and lightweight/easy-to-use is strongly preferred. What would you guys use ? ** I did do a search on VersionTracker and their seems to be plenty available ... can you help me sift through the chaff and get a decent one ? I don't have a PC to try them out on.

Gra�ias

Forum Links
Forum Rules