Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Retrieve Bellsouth email on Nokia phone with Cingular service

Retrieve Bellsouth email on Nokia phone with Cingular service
Krusty
Professional Poster
Jun 26, 2005, 05:25 PM

Okey doke folks, I recently purchased a Nokia 6230 that has POP3 and IMAP4 support 3rd party email on my phone. Since Cingluar and Bellsouth have ties to one another (Bellsouth Mobility DCS cell service is what became Cingular around here a few years ago), they have a Bellsouth profile pre-set in this phone (minus the specific username/password stuff, of course). So, I filled in all the appropriate values and ... voila ... I can send email from my bellsouth account with this phone but haven't yet been able to get email retrieving to work. All ports/settings/everything appear to be correct but I just can't receive ... only send.

Anyone know of a good place that gives item by item setup instructions for Bellsouth POP settings on a Nokia ? ... I just want to verify that the pre-sets were all correct. I just get a generic "Retrieval failed" message (as opposed to a 'Authentication failed' error I get when settings were incorrect).

Any thoughts from anyone who is sucessfully retrieving the Bellsouth email account through Cingular on Nokia would be appreciated.

Forum Links
Forum Rules