Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > NuPower battery upgrade for iBook

NuPower battery upgrade for iBook
Krusty
Professional Poster
Jul 31, 2005, 08:25 PM

I saw a post from 2/14/05 on the same topic with no replies. Does anyone have any experience with these batter upgrades for the iBook 12" ?? The advertise 50% more capacity ... does that translate into 50% more time in real world use ? Has anyone bought one of these things and have any thoughts or guidance on them at all ??

tikki
Mac Elite
Jul 31, 2005, 08:34 PM

We bought 12 of them at work to replace the aged and beaten original batteries in our 500 MHz iceBook lab. They were only $10 more each and seem to hold a charge just fine.

In terms of long battery life, probably, but I honestly don't remember what the tops were on the iBooks originally. My users are just happy now that they have battery life beyond just 30 minutes. :-)

discotronic
Mac Elite
Mar 14, 2006, 09:27 PM

I am going to bump this thread.

I am looking to get a new battery for my 300MHz Clamshell. Has anyone tried one of the NuPower batteries? I used to get great battery life, about 5 hours, with the original battery but it now only charges to 27%.

http://eshop.macsales.com/shop/power...-g3-clamshell/

teknopimp
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 14, 2006, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by discotronic
I am going to bump this thread.

I am looking to get a new battery for my 300MHz Clamshell. Has anyone tried one of the NuPower batteries? I used to get great battery life, about 5 hours, with the original battery but it now only charges to 27%.

http://eshop.macsales.com/shop/power...-g3-clamshell/
i got one for my 366 clamshell and it works great. i now get 6+ hours.

MacBook 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo | Clamshell iBook G3 366MHz | 22" Cinema Display | iPod Mini | iPod shuffle | AirPort Express | Mighty Mouse

discotronic
Mac Elite
Mar 14, 2006, 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by teknopimp
i got one for my 366 clamshell and it works great. i now get 6+ hours.
Which one did you get? Also, do you have an upgraded hard drive? I currently have a 30GB 4200RPM hard drive installed. I have an extra 40GB 5400RPM hard drive that I plan on installing. I am wondering if I will take much of a hit on battery life. That really isn't much of a concern since the extra speed will be worth more.

teknopimp
Grizzled Veteran
Mar 15, 2006, 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by discotronic
Which one did you get? Also, do you have an upgraded hard drive? I currently have a 30GB 4200RPM hard drive installed. I have an extra 40GB 5400RPM hard drive that I plan on installing. I am wondering if I will take much of a hit on battery life. That really isn't much of a concern since the extra speed will be worth more.
i got the 71w. my clamshell just has the stock 6G hd, 576MB ram and airport so i could've got away with the 65w battery, since i now get a ridiculous 6 to 6.5 hrs doing everyday tasks. i'm currently running 10.3.9.

MacBook 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo | Clamshell iBook G3 366MHz | 22" Cinema Display | iPod Mini | iPod shuffle | AirPort Express | Mighty Mouse

drnkn_stylz
Senior User
Mar 15, 2006, 08:47 PM

How much longer would one of these batteries work for in a new iBook G$ 1.42ghz? Mine's still like 6 mo. old, and when set with the "better battery life" setting, it will last the 6 hours as it's supposed to. Now if I got one of these, and it lasted say 8 hours, that would be awesome!
..13" MacBook Pro | 2.53gHz | 4gb RAM | 320gb Seagate Momentus XT | OSX.6.6.. // iPhone 4 32gb

Forum Links
Forum Rules