Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > News > Mac News > Sling over-the-top cable subscription app available for Apple TV

Sling over-the-top cable subscription app available for Apple TV
NewsPoster
MacNN Staff
Jun 13, 2016, 09:47 PM

Today from the Apple Worldwide Developers Conference, Sling TV announced the debut of its live and on-demand Internet TV service on Apple TV. The over-the-top provider's suite of services, including its single-stream, beta multi-stream, plus Sling Latino and Sling International offerings, are available to Sling TV customers once the app is downloaded from the App Store on a fourth-generation Apple TV.

Also debuting today on Apple TV is Sling TV's new user interface. The updated UI offers a more customizable and personalized viewing experience and improves content discovery of the thousands of hours of programming available on Sling TV. In the first phase of the new UI roll-out, Sling TV customers gain access to a new personalization feature called "My TV," which allows customers to select their favorite channels, resume watching where they left off on select programs and set favorite shows and movies quick access. Additionally, the new UI includes enhanced content discovery, improved navigation, and the ability to easily access content based on genres.

New Sling TV customers have access to an exclusive offer to purchase a 32GB Apple TV for $89 when they pre-pay for three months of Sling TV's single-stream service or beta multi-stream service. The app is free, with packages starting at $20 per month for 30 "multi-stream" channels, and up to 65 live channels available when extras are added.

pairof9s
Senior User
Jun 14, 2016, 08:54 PM

HALLELUHAH!! Now I have the last vestiges of cable television gone! My main (& everyone else's) sports channel is now on my big screen with my Apple TV G4, along with the wonderful AMC, and TNT/TBS combo. Wow...the rumors were right, thank goodness!!

Forum Links
Forum Rules