Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > windows forget their sizes!?

windows forget their sizes!?
robisconfusedd
Jun 16, 2005, 07:29 AM

i recently wiped my hard-drive and did a clean install of Tiger on my powerbook, i like it all exept for the fact that my windows dont remember their sizes at all!!! like on aim, every time someone IMs me and i close their window it comes back up all small like the first time you use it, and Safari RSS every time i minimize it to the dock and then click it later it goes back to its default small size...

this morning it forgot what resolution my monitor was set to and just went back to whatever it was default..

so im wandering what is wrong?? is there some secret i don't know about? should i just wipe and reinstall tiger again?

gasher
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 16, 2005, 07:44 AM

Try resetting PRAM and other admin tasks, ie. repair permissions etc.

robisconfusedd  (op)
Jun 16, 2005, 09:14 AM

how do i do that?? lol sry im a n00b

TheSpaz
Grizzled Veteran
Jun 16, 2005, 12:27 PM

Shutdown, then Startup holding Apple-Option-P-R. Wait for it to chime a few times before you let go.

TheSpaz
Grizzled Veteran
Jun 16, 2005, 12:29 PM

To repair permissions, start up using the Mac OS X Install CD by holding down "C" on startup with the Mac OS X Install Disc in the drive, then in the Utilities menu, choose "Disk Utility". Then click on the hard drive icon in the upper left corner of the window and click "Repair Permissions" button... it should be in the first tab you see.

robisconfusedd  (op)
Jun 16, 2005, 06:59 PM

^^ thank you VERY much!!! i appreciate it!

Forum Links
Forum Rules