Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > Cases for Ipod nano: what would you like to see?

Cases for Ipod nano: what would you like to see?
kitcho
Sep 19, 2005, 03:13 PM

personally im looking for 3 main ideas for different cases:

- a super slim case made of ultra durable acrylic thats beveled around the scroll wheel for easy operation
- dual layered case that provides additional impact resistance
- a clear case that has translucent color accents to add color to the white or black nano

what would you like to see for a good ipod nano case?

Phat Bastard
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 19, 2005, 08:32 PM

How about a case that is actually available to buy right now? I mean, I'm using the plastic wrapping my nano came in as minimal protection, and the thing still has scratched to hell. COME ON, release those darn cases already!
The world needs more Canada.
PB 12" 867 MHz, 640 MB RAM, AE, OS 10.4.2
Black iPod nano 4GB

icruise
Moderator Emeritus
Sep 19, 2005, 09:17 PM

I've actually never had major problems with iPods getting scratched, and I basically never use a case either. However, I do make sure that I never put anything in the same pocket (or backpack pouch or whatever) and I don't put it in tight-fitting pockets either (simply because I don't wear tight fitting clothes.)

Of course, the black one is especially prone to scratching, so that may be a large part of your problem.

As for the original question, what I really want is a "case" that will allow you to pin or clip the nano to your clothes. I also have a 40GB iPod, and when I started using the nano I was surprised just how much I had been using the wired remote. I would often pause playback so I could hear something or adjust the song volume, etc. With the nano in my pocket (and on hold) every adjustment like this becomes a chore. If you could wear the nano on your shirt or jacket like the wired remote, it would be right at your fingertips. The (as yet unavailable) set of lanyard earphones looks promising in this sense, but I don't like the fact that you're locked into using the earphones that came with it, and I'm not sure I'll like the "hang your iPod around your neck" idea either.
( Last edited by icruise; Sep 19, 2005 at 09:25 PM. )

kitcho  (op)
Sep 19, 2005, 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by Phat Bastard
How about a case that is actually available to buy right now? I mean, I'm using the plastic wrapping my nano came in as minimal protection, and the thing still has scratched to hell. COME ON, release those darn cases already!
apple is to blame for this. this is because they announced and shipped the product on the same day. while apple has had time to produce nano's and accessories alike - this leaves 3rd party manufacturers scrambling to design and test products and get them into mass production. from what ive seen so far you're looking at mid october for the first large wave of nano cases.

edit: and yes, the world does need more canada. but that still dosent give you americans a right to put canadian flags on your backpacks when you travel.
( Last edited by kitcho; Sep 19, 2005 at 09:41 PM. )

Forum Links
Forum Rules