Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Thinksecret claims new 13.3" Intel iBooks in Jan...

Thinksecret claims new 13.3" Intel iBooks in Jan... (Page 3)
Simon
Posting Junkie
Jan 8, 2006, 04:46 AM

I believe that if the 12" stays around (which I'm not too sure about at all) it will be the current 12" model they just keep selling for a bargain price ($799) to compete with cheapo PC offers.

IMHO one of the advantages of introducing the 13.3" widescreen iBook is that they then have one size fit all. Having a 12" and a 14" iBook that actually display the same resolution never made that much sense, but it was certainly costly. Having one iBook everybody just CTOs makes the whole line a lot cheaper to manufacture and it still caters to the same markets as the 12" and 14" used to.

So, here's my guess for the 13.3" iBook
• 1.67 GHz Core Solo
• 512 MB RAM soldered, 1 SO-DIMM slot free
• ComboDrive (SD as BTO)
• 60 GB HDD (80, 100 as BTO), 5400 RPM
• Some Mobility Radeon (PCIe) with 64MB VRAM, 1280x780
• 1 FW400, 2 USB2, 100BaseT, Modem, analog audio out, DVI out
• BT, APX built in
• $999

And later on for the 15.2" PowerBook I could see something like
• 1.83 GHz Core Duo
• 512 MB RAM soldered, 2 SO-DIMM slots free
• 8xDL SuperDrive
• 100 GB HDD, 5400 RPM (7200 RPM HDD available as BTO)
• PCIe based GPU 128MB VRAM, 1440x960
• 2 FW 800 (1 dongle to 400 included), 2 USB2, 1000BaseT, Modem, audio in/out analog/digital, DVI out
• PC Card slot
• BT, APX built in
• a universal dock connector on the bottom of the case (hidden with a latch of course) to go with Apple's new PowerBook docking station (wishful thinking here)
( Last edited by Simon; Jan 8, 2006 at 05:04 AM. )

Dave Hagan
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 8, 2006, 11:37 AM

No way. There's no way Apple is going to announce an Intel iBook on Tuesday with a Core Solo. The Core Solo isn't going to be available until close to mid-2006. If HP et al are announcing Core Duo notebooks at $749, then Apple is going to use a Core Duo in their iBooks. Just because Apple crippled their consumer products in the past to differentiate them between their pro line, doesn't mean they are going to take this route with the Yonah processor.
Dave Hagan | Apple Certified Technical Coordinator | iMac G5 1.9GHz | PowerBook G4 1.5GHz | Power Mac G4 933 MHz

Commodus
Mac Elite
Jan 8, 2006, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by Dave Hagan
No way. There's no way Apple is going to announce an Intel iBook on Tuesday with a Core Solo. The Core Solo isn't going to be available until close to mid-2006. If HP et al are announcing Core Duo notebooks at $749, then Apple is going to use a Core Duo in their iBooks. Just because Apple crippled their consumer products in the past to differentiate them between their pro line, doesn't mean they are going to take this route with the Yonah processor.
Actually, at least one Core Solo chip is shipping this quarter - the 1.66 GHz model (the T1300; it's the only one in Intel's Core Solo chart right now). Why do you think we're talking about that specific speed?

There are also plenty of good reasons to choose a Solo over a Duo. It's not overwhelmingly more affordable compared to a similarly-clocked Core Duo (around $32), but at $999 every bit counts. In addition, if you want a small, thin notebook, you may need a Core Solo to keep heat and power manageable.
24-inch iMac Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz

harrisjamieh
Mac Elite
Jan 8, 2006, 03:28 PM

Simon, with your specs, I dont think there would be a big enough gap between the iBooks and powerbooks to warrent having both models. What i'd like to see would be just one apple 'book, with customisable options such as

Processor Speed/no of cores, (1.6 single to 1.8 duo)
Video Card, (all Mobility Radeons - 64 meg to 256 meg)
Hard Drive Size/Speed, (60/80/100/120 - 5400/7200)
Optical Drive (Combo/4xSD/8xSD)
RAM (512/1024/2048)
Screen size (13.3/15/17)

(all options that come first are standard)

Standard:

Airport extreme
Bluetooth
PC card slot
1 Firewire 400
1 Firewire 800
DVI out
Optical audio out
2 x USB
iMac Core Duo 1.83 Ghz | 1.25GB RAM | 160HD, MacBook Core Duo 1.83 Ghz | 13.3" | 60HD | 1.0GB RAM

im_noahselby  (op)
Senior User
Jan 8, 2006, 10:08 PM

Well, we are only one day away from the big keynote and I'm going to throw in my final iBook predictions for the show now:

Apple may bump up the price on the base iBook. (ie $1199, $1299, $1499) I think we can expect surprisingly clean styling and it will be clear that Apple put a lot of thought into the design and features of these new machines. Steve will discuss why there is no longer a need for a 12" PB and after we see his presentation and see the new machines up there, we'll all agree. Expect the new machines to be thinner than the 12" PB is now. I do not believe Apple will offer iBooks in black. (although I think they should!)

12" iBook
* 1024x768 display
* 1.66 GHz Core Solo processor
* 512 MB of DDR2 533 MHz RAM
* 60 GB HD
* Combo Drive
* 64 MB graphics card
* Bluetooth
$999-$1199

I don't really see how Apple will be able to maintain their bargain $999 price point. I see them somewhat crippling the base iBook, to encourage people to upgrade to the middle range model. They will likely start by offering a 12" display instead of a nice widescreen 13.3" display.

13.3" iBook
* 1280x780 display
* 1.66 GHz Core Solo processor
* 512 MB of DDR2 533 MHz RAM
* 60 GB HD
* SuperDrive
* 64 MB graphics card
* Bluetooth
$1299

13.3" iBook
* 1280x780 display
* 1.66 GHz Dual processor
* 1024 MB of RAM
* 80 GB HD
* SuperDrive
* 64 MB graphics card
* Bluetooth
$1499

Think of the above model as the new replacement to the 12" PB

Noah
( Last edited by im_noahselby; Jan 9, 2006 at 04:30 AM. )
Macbook 2.0 Ghz - Black
iPhone 4GB - Fido

iDaver
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 8, 2006, 11:12 PM

1024x768 is so "yesterday" don't you think?

Mallrat
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 9, 2006, 01:31 AM

Am I the only one that thinks if the resolution goes too high that you wn't be able to read anything on the screens? I like 1024 x768.

the type is so small when it's 1600x1200 or above...

iDaver
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 9, 2006, 01:56 AM

Originally Posted by Mallrat
Am I the only one that thinks if the resolution goes too high that you wn't be able to read anything on the screens? I like 1024 x768.

the type is so small when it's 1600x1200 or above...
I don't think anyone has seriously suggested such a high resolution on an iBook. What has been suggested is that new iBooks might be wide screen (industry tendency lately) and that a 13" iBook might be 1280x800. That would be approximately the same pixels-per-inch as current 12" iBooks. Even if iBooks retained 4x3 screens, which I think unlikely, a slight resolution bump to maybe 1200x900 might be nice. But, I've never heard of laptop screens with that resoltuion.

I liked 1024x768 too until recently. The fact is, with web pages designed for higher and higher resolution and applications incorporating so many pallettes, 1024x768 seems pretty small these days.

im_noahselby  (op)
Senior User
Jan 9, 2006, 04:07 AM

On top of web pages and pallette screen hogs, more and more applications being released don't even support 1024x768. Apple has released several applications that require higher resolutions and if you have an iBook, you are simply out of luck.

Noah
Macbook 2.0 Ghz - Black
iPhone 4GB - Fido

Simon
Posting Junkie
Jan 9, 2006, 04:24 AM

12", 1024x768 -> 107 ppi (current 12" iBook, PowerBook)
13.3", 1280x780 -> 113 ppi (rumored new iBook)
15.2", 1440x960 -> 114 ppi (current 15" PowerBook)

for comparison
14", 1024x768 -> 91 ppi (current 14" iBook for people with very bad eyes)
20", 1600x1200 -> 100 ppi (standard 4:3 20" TFT screen)
20", 1680x1080 -> 100 ppi (20" ACD)
23", 1920x1200 -> 98 ppi (23" HD ACD)
30", 2560x1600 -> 101 ppi (30" HD ACD)

So yes, the rumored 13.3" iBook could have a rather high pixel density, but it's by no means as high as some people fear. It's a mere 6% denser than the previous 12" iBook's resolution. Actually it would look basically identical to the current 15" PowerBook's pixel size.

mgl
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 9, 2006, 07:56 AM

Think Secret has recapped (http://www.thinksecret.com/news/0601expo.html) and suggested 12" and 13.3" iBooks tomorrow. This is pretty logical. If this is true, perhaps we'll get:

iBook 12", 1.6 solo - $899
iBook 13.3" widescreen, 1.6 duo - $1199

Both with 512MB memory and all of the regular bells and whistles. There have been rumors of a price cut from the current 999/1299. I think Apple will be forced to keep pace on prices but I doubt we'd see much more than a $100 cut.

I think Think Secret is offbase with their their "performance variant" of the Yonah chip. I think it's unlikely that Apple would get a special version of the chip that Intel did not announce publicly last week. I think it's more likely that Apple will different iBook from PowerBook by solo/duo or by speed. By keeping both iBooks at the base speed but giving them duos, it leaves a ton of room for pbooks at 1.8 to 2.1 speeds.

I need to block out time on my calendar at work to order my 13.3" widescreen. :-) Let's see, assuming the keynote is at 9am and it is 90 mins as Think Secret has rumored (longer than normal), the store should be up at...

Mike

JoeDokes
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 9, 2006, 09:36 AM

From everything I have seen, the single core chip will not be available until late Spring at the earliest. Did anyone see Intel's announcement suggesting otherwise? If the chip is not available Apple will not be introducing it in a machine. I still expect a dual core iBook (the 13.3 inch widescreen ala the Sony Vaio version) and a dual core PowerBook (15 inch only), with the 12 inch PPC iBook continuing at reduced price ($799?) until the single core chips are available. I think the 12 inch PowerBook will be gone and the 17 inch model will continue as PPC at reduced price, although as a higher end machine they could do the dual core Intel chip in the 17 inch machine. I do not expect upgrades to the entry level machines (iBook or Mini) until the single core chips are actually available.

Voch
Mac Elite
Jan 9, 2006, 10:31 AM

If both the iBook and PowerBook are dual core, what's going to be left to diffrentiate the two models? Is the 1.66Ghz->2.xGhz gap enough? Maybe this is why the current PowerPC PowerBooks got those higher-resolution screens (that'll be the main differentiation).

Don't get me wrong. I'd be thrilled if the iBook had a 13" display and was dual core, though, and would likely finally replace by 'ol TiBook (only one more month of AppleCare left).

Voch

mdc
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 9, 2006, 08:56 PM

I have a strange feeling that we won't be seeing powerbooks tomorrow. *maybe* ibooks, but not powerbooks.

do you think the entire ibook will be redesigned or still the current white plastic look?

im_noahselby  (op)
Senior User
Jan 9, 2006, 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by mdc
I have a strange feeling that we won't be seeing powerbooks tomorrow. *maybe* ibooks, but not powerbooks.

do you think the entire ibook will be redesigned or still the current white plastic look?
All the rumors seem to point to a slimmer revised design for the new 13.3" Intel iBooks. I'd definitely expect a revised design, as the current one hasn't changed very much in the last five years, except for minor enhancements here and there. Also, if the rumors are true that Apple is canning the 12" PB, then Apple really has nothing to hold themselves back, design wise. If any Apple portable is screaming for a design overhaul, it is the iBook.

I think Steve will have an announcement of when to expect new Intel PowerBooks, but I'm not holding my breath for any new machines introduced at the keynote. There might be price-cuts across the PowerBook lineup, but really no one can predict this sort of thing. If people need a larger screen, then they will still grab a 15" or 17" PowerBook. If people demand a truly portable laptop, they will grab an iBook.

I'm excited for tomorrow! I think the new iBooks are going to be totally awesome.

Noah
Macbook 2.0 Ghz - Black
iPhone 4GB - Fido

Eug Wanker
Posting Junkie
Location: Dangling something in the water… of the Arabian Sea
Jan 10, 2006, 10:46 AM

I still predict a PowerBook:

13" 16:10 widescreen 1280x800 (or possibly 13" 1280x780)
Single-core 1.66 GHz Yonah Core Solo with 2 MB L2
ATI Mobility Radeon X1300 128 MB PCIe DVI-out (or maybe an X300)
512 MB DDR2 built-in, upgradable up to 2.5 GB (PC4200)
Bluetooth 2.0 and Airport Extreme (possibly with 802.11a)
8X SuperDrive (No Blu-Ray or HD-DVD)
80 GB 5400 rpm hard drive (7200 rpm option)
Possible integrated iSight
Possible backlit keyboard
$1499

im_noahselby  (op)
Senior User
Jan 10, 2006, 10:54 AM

Apple did good this time around. No major leaks...

Noah
Macbook 2.0 Ghz - Black
iPhone 4GB - Fido

Simon
Posting Junkie
Jan 10, 2006, 11:58 AM

Eug, that's a beefed-up PowerBook with a small screen. No offense, but I don't see who Apple would want to sell that to. For iBook users it will be too expensive due to its features and for PowerBook users its screen will be too tiny. The only folks I see who'd like such a Book, might be the current 12" PowerBook owners...

Eug Wanker
Posting Junkie
Location: Dangling something in the water… of the Arabian Sea
Jan 10, 2006, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by Simon
Eug, that's a beefed-up PowerBook with a small screen. No offense, but I don't see who Apple would want to sell that to. For iBook users it will be too expensive due to its features and for PowerBook users its screen will be too tiny. The only folks I see who'd like such a Book, might be the current 12" PowerBook owners...
Exactly, there are people looking to buy such a beast, considering the 12" was not updated last time around. Furthermore, I'd buy such a PowerBook, or at least the next iteration of one when it got a Blu-ray drive.

I've owned a GHz era 15" PowerBook, and I currently own a 12" iBook. What I want is something higher end than an iBook, and something smaller than a 15" PowerBook. There are a lot of people like me, which is why Apple intro'd the 12" PowerBook in the first place. Unfortunately, they did a mediocre job of it the first time around IMO.

But if you don't like my PowerBook prediction, perhaps you'll like Kevin Rose's PowerBook prediction:

15" intel Macbook - order tomorrow, ships Feb (thinner, dual core)
iPod FM receiver
iWork/Life '06
New remote of some type
Photocasting (iPhoto)
OS X.4.4 w/new widgets

P.S. Your 13" iBook is more or less the same as my 13" PowerBook anyways. The main differences are just the name and the pricing. I don't see a DVI-out iBook for $999, although that'd be nice.

I just think the predictions by others of a dual-core 13" iBook make no sense.
( Last edited by Eug Wanker; Jan 10, 2006 at 12:34 PM. )

jamil5454
Mac Elite
Jan 10, 2006, 07:16 PM

I'm guessing the iBook would have gone to Intel sooner if there was a single core Yonah chip available now. Hopefully we'll see a consumer MacBook sometime soon.

teknopimp
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 10, 2006, 07:47 PM

iMacBook ???

MacBook 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo | Clamshell iBook G3 366MHz | 22" Cinema Display | iPod Mini | iPod shuffle | AirPort Express | Mighty Mouse

Voch
Mac Elite
Jan 10, 2006, 09:49 PM

My guess is that the iBook replacement be called the MacBook sans "Pro".

Voch

im_noahselby  (op)
Senior User
Jan 10, 2006, 09:55 PM

I was really hoping for new iBooks, mac Mini's and iPod Shuffles, but I guess sometimes even the best of rumor sites and "sources" are wrong. ThinkSecret's credibility certainly dropped a notch in my book.

At least there are new 15" Intel PowerBooks. They look nice and all, I was just hoping to spend under $2000. So I won't be buying one. I still want a 14" or smaller form factor and may look at some PC laptops soon, if there are no iBooks by Febuary, as I'll need a new machine soon and wont wait any longer than the end of this month.

Noah
Macbook 2.0 Ghz - Black
iPhone 4GB - Fido

Simon
Posting Junkie
Jan 11, 2006, 01:31 AM

My 15" PowerBook prediction pretty much nailed it. It's a bummer they dropped FW800. I guess that's pretty much it for FW development.

I'm amazed to see no updated iBooks. After all Intel has given the single core Yonahs a part number and prices, I was assuming they were ready to deliver.

Is there any reason to change the iBook name? The iMac is staying too after all. Is there any chance that the iBook will stay the iBook, but the MacBook will be a new model announced later on - something to replace the 12" PowerBook maybe?

im_noahselby  (op)
Senior User
Jan 11, 2006, 02:14 AM

I'm amazed that there wasn't an iBook errr "MacBook" announcement as well. Sometime between Febuary and April it will happen, it's just a matter of when? I think the whole MacBook naming scheme really stinks. There was nothing wrong with calling a PowerBook a PowerBook and same goes for the iBook. Apparently, Apple wants to put "Mac" in the name of their machines and I think it's very apparent after watching the keynote that they will continue the naming scheme for the iBook.

Noah
Macbook 2.0 Ghz - Black
iPhone 4GB - Fido

Voch
Mac Elite
Jan 11, 2006, 08:52 AM

Is there any reason to change the iBook name?
Not really, except that I vaguely remember reading on one of the keynote blogs that Jobs wants the word Mac in all the computer products. My bet is still on a Core Solo "MacBook" iBook replacement sometime in the near future.

Do avoid the $2000 sticker shock my hope is for a Core Duo version of the iBook, at least on the top end if Apple does some kind of good-better-best pricing (for example, a $999 MacBook with a Core Solo processor and a $1299 model with a Core Duo processor). The problem with that is that based on Intel's processor spec chart and excluding the more costly L-Series low-power versions, Apple is already using the lowest-clocked Core Duo processor in the MacBook Pro, so that's not likely anytime soon.

Other than that I guess I'm waiting for a lower-priced 12"/13" variant of the MacBook Pro. I'm not interested in shelling out $2000 nor do I want to settle for the Solo processor, so I'll wait.

Voch

Phat Bastard
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 11, 2006, 04:22 PM

What I want to know is, how long will we have to wait for the new iBook (which I'm guessing will just be called "MacBook")?

Why are people saying specifically between February and April? When will the next Apple show/conference be happening?
The world needs more Canada.
PB 12" 867 MHz, 640 MB RAM, AE, OS 10.4.2
Black iPod nano 4GB

im_noahselby  (op)
Senior User
Jan 11, 2006, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by Phat Bastard
Why are people saying specifically between February and April?
My best bet would be sometime between Febuary and April. Take a look at this: http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/. In the mac buyers guide it states that the average cycle for new iBooks is 172 days. It has been 170 days since the iBooks were last refreshed. This information as well as the fact that single core 1.6Ghz Intel chips are ready or will be in this timeframe, leads me to believe that the machines will be updated in this window. I don't believe for a second the people that say they wont be updated until the "next" MacBook Pro revision. That could be 4+ months away, and Apple won't leave their iBook lineup without a revision for an entire year.

Noah
Macbook 2.0 Ghz - Black
iPhone 4GB - Fido

andreas_g4
Professional Poster
Jan 11, 2006, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by im_noahselby
MyThat could be 4+ months away, and Apple won't leave their iBook lineup without a revision for an entire year.
They did this with the PowerBooks… But I believe that the iBooks will get an update sooner rather than later, too.

mgl
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 12, 2006, 12:46 AM

I don't think the buyer's guide timelines are relevant this time around. Look at the iMac, it was updated very early. I think we'll get them the moment Apple is ready.

I'm disappointed that the iBook wasn't released now either. I'd buy a MacBook Pro but I don't want 15" on my lap. Sigh. I think Mar to Apr is most likely. If they'd ship in Feb, Apple would have announced them now. If they're shipping in Mar, they might be announced in Feb but without a show that's less likely.

I'm wondering if we'll see MacBook 13" and MacBook Pro 13" at or near the same time. I was surprised that the MacBook Pro came in the same basic case design as the PowerBook.

I am disappointed about the loss of Firewire 800. Bye bye Firewire. I am disappointed by iWork no longer being included free with new machines. A minor change that has gone largely unnoticed.

im_noahselby  (op)
Senior User
Jan 12, 2006, 05:15 AM

MacRumors posted an interesting rumor here regarding the possibility of more exciting announcements to come soon. In the piece, a source claims that the Steve Jobs keynote that was delivered was not the actual keynote originally planned and that some very cool stuff was eliminated because of supply issues. It may or may not have been the rumored 13" Intel MacBook, but its definitely worth a read...

Noah
Macbook 2.0 Ghz - Black
iPhone 4GB - Fido

andreas_g4
Professional Poster
Jan 12, 2006, 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by mgl
I don't think the buyer's guide timelines are relevant this time around. Look at the iMac, it was updated very early. I think we'll get them the moment Apple is ready.

I'm disappointed that the iBook wasn't released now either. I'd buy a MacBook Pro but I don't want 15" on my lap. Sigh. I think Mar to Apr is most likely. If they'd ship in Feb, Apple would have announced them now. If they're shipping in Mar, they might be announced in Feb but without a show that's less likely.
I second your assumption regarding the validity of the buyers guide - it's more or less worthless these days.

Regarding the iBook release I'm not disappointed, since I don't need one until March/April, and I bet there will be a release until then, if not earlier. It doesn't matter to me whether they bring a 13" iBook or MacBook Pro/MacBook - what is essential for me (and I think for many others, too) is widescreen and smaller than 15".

With the new MacBook Pro I can see some good smaller portables being in the pipe.

mgl
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 13, 2006, 12:25 AM

AppleInsider is reporting iBook replacement, 13" widescreen, in April or May with "low end" Yonah. I assume they mean single core. They say more pro books coming, but not until after iBooks.

They were right about the iMacs and Powerbook, so maybe...

im_noahselby  (op)
Senior User
Jan 13, 2006, 01:38 AM

Originally Posted by mgl
AppleInsider is reporting iBook replacement, 13" widescreen, in April or May with "low end" Yonah. I assume they mean single core. They say more pro books coming, but not until after iBooks.

They were right about the iMacs and Powerbook, so maybe...
Let us hope. I have pretty much lost faith in rumor sites..

Noah
Macbook 2.0 Ghz - Black
iPhone 4GB - Fido

Simon
Posting Junkie
Jan 13, 2006, 03:55 AM

I agree with AI on this one. I could imagine seeing a 13.3" Mac Book in April or May as a replacement for the 12" and 14" iBooks. Around the same time Apple could introduce the 17" Mac Book Pro. The Mac mini should follow the Mac Book since it will have a similar board.

I wouldn't expect to see the next rev Mac Book Pro till Q3 when Intel releases the improved version of Yonah.

Xserve and PowerMac are certainly going to be the last ones. Especially since no quad core boxes are possible with the current Yonah. According to Steve we should still see them released in 2006 however.

jamil5454
Mac Elite
Jan 13, 2006, 10:31 AM

Intel is supposed to release the ULV version of a single core Yonah in Q1 2006, so I'm betting that'll find its way into the iBook next revision. Intel is also releasing an ULV dual-core version of the Yonah but I doubt that will go in the iBook. Probably in the Mac Mini.

Simon
Posting Junkie
Jan 13, 2006, 10:42 AM

The LV version is very expensive kit for an iBook.

mduell
Posting Junkie
Jan 13, 2006, 03:11 PM

I think Apple will have a $799-999 (starting price) 13" MacBook with Core Solo, and a $1299-1499 (starting price) 13" MacBook Pro with Core Duo.

Simon
Posting Junkie
Jan 13, 2006, 04:15 PM

I see a 13" Mac Book ($999 to $1299) with a Core Solo and a 17" Mac Book Pro ($2999) with a Core Duo coming up. The 12" PowerBook is history, i.e. the 13" Mac Book Pro is wishful thinking.

Voch
Mac Elite
Jan 13, 2006, 04:29 PM

I see a 13" Mac Book ($999 to $1299) with a Core Solo and a 17" Mac Book Pro ($2999) with a Core Duo coming up. The 12" PowerBook is history, i.e. the 13" Mac Book Pro is wishful thinking.
I'm hoping for a Core Duo 12"/13" MacBook Pro for more portability over by 'ol TiBook sometime over the next few months priced at, say, $1599, even if there was a compromise versus the the 15.4" MacBook Pro like the 15" G4 had over the 12" G4 (no ExpressCard/34 slot, lower-grade video). That'd be an awful price point for Apple to miss out on.

Voch

Forum Links
Forum Rules