Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Bill Clinton Freaks Out

Bill Clinton Freaks Out (Page 4)
itai195
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 25, 2006, 12:08 AM

Yeah, so it must have been some crazy Iraqis, right? I heard Iraqis were behind Pearl Harbor and that they killed Jesus, give me a couple days to find the sources.
( Last edited by itai195; Sep 25, 2006 at 12:18 AM. )

D. S. Troyer
Forum Regular
Sep 25, 2006, 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by itai195
Yeah, so it must have been some crazy Iraqis, right? I heard Iraqis were behind Pearl Harbor and that they killed Jesus, give me a couple days to find the sources.
I did that too. Framed the Japs and the Jews.

marden
Baninated
Sep 25, 2006, 12:48 AM

Originally Posted by spacefreak
Here are some goodies for the right-wingers in here...

Ever read some Oklahoma City bombing eye-witness statements. Lots of interesting things, like the dozen or so men of Middle Eastern descent mixing barrels of diesel fuel at an Oklahoma motel with Mr. McVeigh.
LA Weekly - The Terrorist Motel
According to the motel owner and other witnesses and investigators interviewed by the Weekly, McVeigh and several of these Iraqis were motel guests in the months preceding the 1995 bombing. Witnesses also claimed they saw several of the Iraqis moving barrels of material around on the bed of a truck. The motel owner said the material smelled of diesel fuel and he had to clean up a spill. Diesel fuel was a key component of the truck bomb that blew up the Federal Building.

The motel owner said he and his staff reported this information to the FBI in 1995. "We did have an ATF agent come out and collect the originals of the room registrations for that period, but we never heard back from them. And I never could get the registrations returned."

[indent]
Iraqis linked to Oklahoma atrocity | News | This is London

[...] a brown Chevrolet truck almost identical to that once hunted by the FBI had been seen parked outside the offices of a local property management company several days before the bombing. The owner was a Palestinian with a criminal record and suspected ties to the Palestine Liberation Organisation. Later she found that the man had hired a number of former Iraqi soldiers.

He had recruited them to carry out maintenance on his rental properties, but several were later discovered to be missing from work on the day of the bombing. Eyewitnesses have told Davis that they saw several of them celebrating later that day. But what increasingly drew her attention was another Iraqi living in Oklahoma City, a restaurant worker called Hussain Hashem Al Hussaini, whose photograph was almost a perfect match to the official sketch of "John Doe 2". Al Hussaini has a tattoo on his upper left arm, indicating he was once a member of Saddam's elite Republican Guard.

Since then, Davis has gathered hundreds of court records and the sworn testimony of two dozen witnesses. Several claimed to have seen a man fitting Al Hussaini's description drinking with McVeigh in a motel bar four days before the bombing.

Others positively identified former Iraqi soldiers in the company of McVeigh and Nichols. Two swore that they had seen Al Hussaini only a block from the Murrah building in the hours before the bombing. With the case against McVeigh and Nichols seemingly watertight, the FBI has until now consistently refused to reopen it.
[/indent
]

I've always thought it unlikely that these 2 crazed "right-wingers" acted alone. Way too much stuff to transport and mix and detonate for it to have been a 2-idiot production.

Watch some of our kook lefties blow this off as a conspiracy theory. Then follow their YouTube link to the "How the CIA and Bush blew up the World Trade Center, fired a missile at the Pentagon, and shot down a commercial airliner so that Dick Cheney and Big Oil could profit and spend more at Wal-Mart" video.
I have known of these reports but have been content to let it be without asserting the contention.

macintologist
Professional Poster
Sep 25, 2006, 02:20 AM

Originally Posted by Cody Dawg
Why are you defending Bill Clinton?

Do you think it's okay that he kept foreign heads of state waiting on the runway while Lewinsky was on her hands and knees under his Oral Office desk pleasuring him? You don't think his lack of, shall we say, "focus," affected or impaired his professional capacities - such as decision making?

Clinton had a grand total of 10 sexual encounters with Lewinsky during the period between Nov 1995 and May 1997. The notion that he was "distracted" from his work because of those encounters is flat out wrong.

Nicko
Professional Poster
Sep 25, 2006, 06:01 AM

Originally Posted by macintologist
Clinton had a grand total of 10 sexual encounters with Lewinsky during the period between Nov 1995 and May 1997. The notion that he was "distracted" from his work because of those encounters is flat out wrong.
Indeed! Its not like he paid for a common prostitute off the street! He was probably quite stressed out at the time (what with the economy booming and everyone loving the US) that he just needed a little ‘pick-me-up’. I don’t think ANY of us could say we wouldn’t do the same thing in his situation.

Cody Dawg  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 25, 2006, 07:07 AM

macintologist

You think quantity makes it acceptable?

I don't care if he had one - he LIED like a yellow-bellied coward (that he is) when asked about it.

He sat in his chair and lied not once, not twice, but hundreds of times to different people - including his supposed pastor and wife - about his sex with that woman.

Clinton is now trying to reinvent himself or something. He honestly thinks he will convince the American public that his lies to all of us did not matter. He didn't lie to protect security interests. He didn't lie because he made a promise he couldn't keep. He didn't lie because of misinformation given to him. He didn't lie for any other reason except to protect his own self...he is a phenomenal coward.

And THAT is what America will never forget...Bill Clinton, Liar Extraordinaire.

vmarks
Moderator Emeritus
Sep 25, 2006, 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by Nicko
Indeed! Its not like he paid for a common prostitute off the street! He was probably quite stressed out at the time (what with the economy booming and everyone loving the US) that he just needed a little ‘pick-me-up’. I don’t think ANY of us could say we wouldn’t do the same thing in his situation.
Wait, wait: He's riding high on a good economy, with everyone loving the US, and for this he needs a pick-me up?

Heck, what's the man do if he has a bad day? Fathers, lock up your daughters!

Cody Dawg  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 25, 2006, 07:42 AM

vmarks

Wait, wait: [Bill Clinton] is riding high on a good economy, with everyone loving the US, and for this he needs a pick-me up [to have extramarital affairs with young women]?

Heck, what's the man do if he has a bad day? Fathers, lock up your daughters!
Probably THE best response I've ever heard on MacNN to date.

Nicko
Professional Poster
Sep 25, 2006, 07:44 AM

I don't care if he had one - he LIED like a yellow-bellied coward (that he is) when asked about it.

He sat in his chair and lied not once, not twice, but hundreds of times to different people - including his supposed pastor and wife - about his sex with that woman.

Clinton is now trying to reinvent himself or something. He honestly thinks he will convince the American public that his lies to all of us did not matter. He didn't lie to protect security interests. He didn't lie because he made a promise he couldn't keep. He didn't lie because of misinformation given to him. He didn't lie for any other reason except to protect his own self...he is a phenomenal coward.

So I take it you feel the same way about JFK and his relationship with Marilyn Monroe?

macintologist
Professional Poster
Sep 25, 2006, 07:51 AM

Before you were talking about distraction, and now it seems you've dropped that line of reasoning and kept with the "liar" mantra. Am I correct?

Thanks for proving me right once again.

Nicko
Professional Poster
Sep 25, 2006, 08:21 AM

Before you were talking about distraction, and now it seems you've dropped that line of reasoning and kept with the "liar" mantra. Am I correct?

Thanks for proving me right once again.
*smackdown. This thread is done.

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Sep 25, 2006, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by voodoo
These people chose their end. They chose a standoff between the authorities and it resulted in their demise. They could have at any time, surrendered and survived. They chose not to.
There were more than 20 children who died in that seige and I'm sure some of them would've tried had they not been at the mercy of their parents who wanted to be loud and their government who wanted them quiet.

I have much sympathy for these lost souls, but I cannot say their death was a tragedy.
For many of them, it was a tragedy. I'd say particularly the 12 or so under the age of 5.

They were not murdered, they chose their death. Simple as that. Martyrdom -- of heretics. Very dangerous stuff and the only sad thing is how flippantly and without responsibility anyone can call themselves Christian.
What's even sadder than that is you throwing around blanket indictments of American retardation while showing your saturated bib to the rest of this forum. As if you had some nationalistic qualification to be this elitist in your rhetoric.
ebuddy

Cody Dawg  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 25, 2006, 09:53 AM

I've never dropped the liar mantra, ever.

When did I ever mention the word "distraction?"

Show me, please?

As far as JFK and Monroe I think that was wrong also. Happy?

Railroader
Banned
Sep 25, 2006, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by ebuddy
There were more than 20 children who died in that seige and I'm sure some of them would've tried had they not been at the mercy of their parents who wanted to be loud and their government who wanted them quiet.

For many of them, it was a tragedy. I'd say particularly the 12 or so under the age of 5.

What's even sadder than that is you throwing around blanket indictments of American retardation while showing your saturated bib to the rest of this forum. As if you had some nationalistic qualification to be this elitist in your rhetoric.
Now THAT is a smackdown.

Voodoo probably thinks since those children weren't baptized at birth that they deserved to die.

spacefreak
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 25, 2006, 10:32 AM

And you think your ilk should be in power?

This 50-something-year-old would wait for down times in the office when many of the adults were gone, then he would go scam on the teenage interns.

I can absolutely say that if I were in his situation, I would NOT have done the same thing.

Cody Dawg  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 25, 2006, 10:32 AM

is that true?

If so, that's sick!

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Sep 25, 2006, 11:33 AM

Cody Dawg, *every* president has come up with some whopper lies, partial truths, disingenuous statements, or any other variation. Bush lied about why he really wanted to invade Iraq. He (and Cheney) lie about feeling that they haven't made any mistakes along the way. I'm sure that several of us would be happy to come up with a list of other lies which could be debated.

Yes, these particular allegations could be debated (and they have been). These are only (probably flawed) examples that come off the very top of my head. I don't mean to distract from my point though, and that is that one would be hard pressed to defend everything on such a list as being the complete and honest truth.

It's horrible that we just sort of expect politicians to lie. I don't excuse it, it sucks ass.

However, on the list of horrible lies, having your dick sucked is pretty tame compared to the possibility of allegedly starting a war for reasons other than what was stated. Maybe that's just me though.

Cody Dawg  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 25, 2006, 11:40 AM

Cody Dawg, *every* president has come up with some whopper lies, partial truths, disingenuous statements, or any other variation. Bush lied about why he really wanted to invade Iraq. He (and Cheney) lie about feeling that they haven't made any mistakes along the way. I'm sure that several of us would be happy to come up with a list of other lies which could be debated.
None - not ONE - of your allegations have been PROVEN true.

Bill Clinton admitted that he lied, prevaricated, falsified the truth, whatever you want to call it, over and over.

Bush has never said, "Yes, I lied."

Never.

Do I think he's perfect? No. I despise Rumsfeld's decisions and Cheney should just stay in his bunker with his tuna and doors taped.

But, that doesn't make them liars.

Dakar
Professional Poster
Sep 25, 2006, 11:42 AM

So Bush is better because he hasn't been caught.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Sep 25, 2006, 11:44 AM

None - not ONE - of your allegations have been PROVEN true.

Bill Clinton admitted that he lied, prevaricated, falsified the truth, whatever you want to call it, over and over.

Bush has never said, "Yes, I lied."

Never.

Do I think he's perfect? No. I despise Rumsfeld's decisions and Cheney should just stay in his bunker with his tuna and doors taped.

But, that doesn't make them liars.

So, is it just a matter of convincing you that Bush lied about something before you would change your stance?

Honestly, if you were open to the possibility, it wouldn't be too hard to do so, especially if what you consider significant is something like a sexual encounter. The same would go for any president that came before him (some more difficult than others).

Nicko
Professional Poster
Sep 25, 2006, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by besson3c
So, is it just a matter of convincing you that Bush lied about something before you would change your stance?

Honestly, if you were open to the possibility, it wouldn't be too hard to do so, especially if what you consider significant is something like a sexual encounter. The same would go for any president that came before him (some more difficult than others).
But that game would be too easy. Bush said Iraq had WMD's...oops not true.

marden
Baninated
Sep 25, 2006, 12:02 PM

But that game would be too easy. Bush said Iraq had WMD's...oops not true.
They thought there were WMD's. Reasonable belief. Other good reasons existed.

Ingrate.

Dakar
Professional Poster
Sep 25, 2006, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by marden
Ingrate.
Too passionate.

Reported.

marden
Baninated
Sep 25, 2006, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by Dakar
Not a personal attack. I didn't say HE was an ingrate. I posted the word.

ingrate
n. ungrateful person.
Now, if you wish to place a negative value judgment on that, and then assume I was calling someone that, well...

The fact is that there are a number of things that many or most of the Bush & America bashers fail to acknowledge or appreciate.

So they are either ignorant (not a personal attack) or intentionally manipulative (not a personal attack) or ungrateful (which is not a personal attack).

Perspicacious.

Dakar
Professional Poster
Sep 25, 2006, 12:31 PM

Not a personal attack. I didn't say HE was an ingrate. I posted the word.
Uh, ok, and why did you post the word?

Now, if you wish to place a negative value judgment on that, and then assume I was calling someone that, well...
Perhaps I'm unaware of its positive qualities.

I must say, your posts have had a much higher BS count then usual lately.

marden
Baninated
Sep 25, 2006, 12:38 PM

Uh, ok, and why did you post the word?
It's something I'm thinking of doing on a regular basis, like Sesame St. They just pick a word or letter or number at random and just glamorize and glorify it like crazy. Why they do it? Who knows? But it works. For them, right?

Perhaps I'm unaware of its positive qualities.
It's not a negative OR a positive in this case. It's a neuter.

I must say, your posts have had a much higher BS count then usual lately.
Reported.

Dakar
Professional Poster
Sep 25, 2006, 12:40 PM

voodoo
Posting Junkie
Sep 25, 2006, 12:48 PM

It is nobody's fault but the heretics'. They chose to murder their kids while committing suicide themselves. Another example of the danger and evil of heretics. People are not to take the Word of God and interpret it for themselves.

I call it like it is. Act like a retard, be considered one. Never include words like bib, if you want to be taken seriously btw.

V
I could take Sean Connery in a fight... I could definitely take him.

marden
Baninated
Sep 25, 2006, 12:55 PM

I was hoping you'd get the joke(s).

Cody Dawg  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 25, 2006, 01:14 PM

I stopped seeing a guy because he went on a rant about how EVERYONE in the world who didn't accept Jesus into their hearts was going to hell. Everyone. Didn't matter if they were baptized or not, they were a-goner. Even babies.

What a sick bastard - he's a supposed Christian, also.

Oh, and he's divorced. Why? He committed adultry with his neighbor's wife. What a loser. Found out about that afterwards.

Spliff
Mac Elite
Sep 25, 2006, 01:19 PM

One perk of political power has always been sex with people who aren't your spouse. Everyone needs to get over it.

itai195
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 25, 2006, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by Spliff
One perk of political power has always been sex with people who aren't your spouse. Everyone needs to get over it.
Yeah, I forget the count of past presidents who openly had extramarital affairs. Woodrow Wilson is the one I always remember.

But seriously, I never cared that he lied about this. It's his personal life and shouldn't have been politicized in this way. Same way I don't like jokes about Bush being an alcoholic.

marden
Baninated
Sep 25, 2006, 01:31 PM

Yeah, I forget the count of past presidents who openly had extramarital affairs. Woodrow Wilson is the one I always remember.

But seriously, I never cared that he lied about this. It's his personal life and shouldn't have been politicized in this way. Same way I don't like jokes about Bush being an alcoholic.
I think he quit drinking almost twenty years ago.

itai195
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 25, 2006, 01:32 PM

Yeah, and?

marden
Baninated
Sep 25, 2006, 02:02 PM

Yeah, and?
I'm just sayin.

DBursey
Professional Poster
Sep 25, 2006, 02:03 PM

Where have the rational folks at MacNN gone? I understand victorian America's phobia regarding sex, but wtf is with all these 'heretic' comments?

Bill Clinton was admired and respected throughout the modern world. You Bible-belters should recognise that, and if nothing else, realize the rest of the world thinks you're ass-backward for the continual cross-burning at his door.

marden
Baninated
Sep 25, 2006, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by DBursey
Where have the rational folks at MacNN gone? I understand victorian America's phobia regarding sex, but wtf is with all these 'heretic' comments?

Bill Clinton was admired and respected throughout the modern world. You Bible-belters should recognise that, and if nothing else, realize the rest of the world thinks you're ass-backward for the continual cross-burning at his door.
Your opinion reminds me of the kind of response the neighbor might have when he hears that John Smith's wife was divorcing him. "He seemed like a GREAT GUY!" Well, you weren't married to him!

His domestic performance was admirable. His foreign performance was sometimes as inconsequential in serving the best interests of the USA and liberty around the world as a figurehead who is there mainly for show. Other times his foreign policy was too much governed by opinion polls. I assure you that if doing a good job as POTUS only required the official to read the opinion polls and do what they said the people want, it would be simple to be POTUS and eventually everyone would understand the folly of lauding such a pedestrian notion.

And, in another example of a report I've not made mention of after having decided to just let it be, there is the issue of Clinton's giving away sensitive military secrets to the Chinese and the North Koreans.

As far as Clinton's terrorism report card goes, read this and you will change your mind about his foreign policy performance.
In the Issue: Byron York on Clinton on National Review Online

Clinton Has No Clothes
What 9/11 revealed about the ex-president.

By Byron York, NR White House Correspondent
From the December 17, 2001, issue of National Review

saddino
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 25, 2006, 02:42 PM

His domestic performance was admirable. His foreign performance was sometimes as inconsequential in serving the best interests of the USA and liberty around the world as a figurehead who is there mainly for show. Other times his foreign policy was too much governed by opinion polls. I assure you that if doing a good job as POTUS only required the official to read the opinion polls and do what they said the people want, it would be simple to be POTUS and eventually everyone would understand the folly of lauding such a pedestrian notion.
MacNN users since 2005 who regularly use the term POTUS in their posts, and are not quoting another user using said term:

marden
mojo2
aberdeenwriter
abe

Incidently, almost all other users that appear in this search are quoting one of the above.

Mojaberdeen + marden = Mojabemardeen

QED.

marden
Baninated
Sep 25, 2006, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by saddino
MacNN users since 2005 who regularly use the term POTUS in their posts, and are not quoting another user using said term:

marden
mojo2
aberdeenwriter
abe

Incidently, almost all other users that appear in this search are quoting one of the above.

Mojaberdeen + marden = Mojabemardeen

QED.

Abasia

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Sep 25, 2006, 02:50 PM

Abe, I think I'm ready to convert to become a Republican.

Where do I sign up, and what do I have to do? Do I get to wear a costume? Can we wear capes?

voodoo
Posting Junkie
Sep 25, 2006, 03:02 PM

Where do I sign up, and what do I have to do? Do I get to wear a costume? Can we wear capes?
If I were an American citizen, I'd have become a Republican *years* ago!

(or lived in the US, or cared about US domestic bullcrap..)

V
I could take Sean Connery in a fight... I could definitely take him.

marden
Baninated
Sep 25, 2006, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by DBursey
Show up at Bill Clinton's door, dressed like this, and be ready for the continual cross burning.

marden
Baninated
Sep 25, 2006, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by voodoo
If I were an American citizen, I'd have become a Republican *years* ago!

(or lived in the US, or cared about US domestic bullcrap..)

V
And we'd be proud to have you!

(When I say, "have you" don't take that in the Bibical sense, besson3c.)

NaplesX
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 25, 2006, 03:27 PM

If any of them happened in the Oval office, then , yes he was distracted. And who's to say there were only 10. Didn't he wag his finger at the camera and say "I did not have sexual relations with that woman"?

He only fess'd up because they had his DNA on the dress. If he was comfortable enough to get a blow-job in the Oval Office, I think it had to have happened many times in many places.

How busy on important stuff was he to say "OK here, take this"

Stop with the excuses.

NaplesX
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 25, 2006, 03:41 PM

He screwed (no pun intended) himself when he did it in the Oval Office. Take it to a hotel. Then this subject would be all but mute - like Monica was for a bit... sorry.

Why not the bathroom, or a janitors closet. Anywhere but the Oval Office. That is why this is anyone's business. He could have saved himself the extensive probing. (haha this is fun) He could have said "that was a private meeting at the Hotel"

vmarks
Moderator Emeritus
Sep 25, 2006, 03:56 PM

It didn't help matters that he lied about his interaction with a person who reported to him in the workplace during a time when he had plenty of other accusations of sexual wrongdoing.

Jaunita Broderick, Kathleen Willey, Paula Jones...

Having sexual relations with what amounts to an employee who reports to you is generally a bad decision. Doing so while in the midst of a sexual harrassment lawsuit is really bad judgement. Lying about it and perjuring oneself doesn't really help matters either.

Washingtonpost.com: Jones v. Clinton Key Stories

Dakar
Professional Poster
Sep 25, 2006, 03:59 PM

And none of them were hot either. Strike 3.

itai195
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 25, 2006, 04:23 PM

I don't think anyone will disagree that it was bad judgement.

Dale Sorel
Mac Elite
Sep 25, 2006, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by vmarks
Having sexual relations with what amounts to an employee who reports to you is generally a bad decision. Doing so while in the midst of a sexual harrassment lawsuit is really bad judgement. Lying about it and perjuring oneself doesn't really help matters either.
My hero

macintologist
Professional Poster
Sep 25, 2006, 05:26 PM

I've never dropped the liar mantra, ever.

When did I ever mention the word "distraction?"

Show me, please?

As far as JFK and Monroe I think that was wrong also. Happy?

Do you think it's okay that he kept foreign heads of state waiting on the runway while Lewinsky was on her hands and knees under his Oral Office desk pleasuring him? You don't think his lack of, shall we say, "focus," affected or impaired his professional capacities - such as decision making?
What part of that doesn't implicate Lewinsky as some sort of distraction to his presidential duties?

Are you doing to admit you were wrong on that point?

Forum Links
Forum Rules