Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Battery Performance and Screen Resolution

Battery Performance and Screen Resolution
speedraycer
Jan 5, 2003, 12:49 AM

If i use the 896 x 600 vs 1280 x 854 res, will my battery life increase? How about running at thousands instead of millions? My battery seems to be getting less and less capacity btw its 7 mths old.

RMXO
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 5, 2003, 01:36 AM

Originally posted by speedraycer:
If i use the 896 x 600 vs 1280 x 854 res, will my battery life increase? How about running at thousands instead of millions? My battery seems to be getting less and less capacity btw its 7 mths old.
have you tried calling Apple? maybe you can get a new battery?

i have my 800 DVI at default settings & i get around 3.4-4hrs depending what type of work im doing.

my settings are:
processor - reduced
resolution - 1280x854
brightness - 3-5 notch depending on lights
audio - 3-5 notches
airport on

i usually drain the battery to 5-30 mins left before i stick in the ac plug but sometimes plug in sooner depending on what type of work im doing.
MacBook Pro 15" Unibody | iPhone 16GB 3G

seanyepez
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 5, 2003, 10:11 AM

Three to four hours is very reasonable.

Decreasing resolution will not increase battery life. You're only scaling the screen from its native resolution. All the pixels activated at the native resolution are still active when you tell the machine to scale down to a lower resolution.

Forum Links
Forum Rules