Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > I love hamburgers and fries.

I love hamburgers and fries. (Page 2)
KeriVit
Professional Poster
Nov 21, 2005, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by wdlove
A good burger is an awesome treat. Try to stay away from red meat due to health effects. Lean is always better.
wdlove, you're in my area, IF you were indulge in a really good burger, where would YOU go?

wdlove
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 21, 2005, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by KeriVit
wdlove, you're in my area, IF you were indulge in a really good burger, where would YOU go?
Bartly's in Cambridge has a good reputation for hamburgers.

"Never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never - in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense." Winston Churchill

JoshuaZ
Professional Poster
Nov 21, 2005, 09:08 PM

I love the new shrimp burger at MDs here in Japan! Lots and lots of pure shrimp fun!

(Ok, I hate MDs, and I`ve never had the shrimp burger. But I find it really funny)

Stradlater
Professional Poster
Nov 21, 2005, 09:36 PM

wdlove: try bison burgers for a healthy alternative to the usual if you ever see them on the menu.
"You rise," he said, "like Aurora."

gururafiki
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 21, 2005, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by Stradlater
wdlove: try bison burgers for a healthy alternative to the usual if you ever see them on the menu.
Yes, bison is damn good. So is ostrich burgers. They may sound odd to some, but they are a much healthier alternative to beef. And they are yummy!

SeSawaya
Mac Elite
Nov 21, 2005, 10:25 PM

Ostrich is amazing!!!

mrtew
Professional Poster
Nov 21, 2005, 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by olePigeon
I have to be in Hell already when people think In n Out has the best burgers.

I totally agree! I lived in SoCal for 7 years and went to In n Out about 10 times and was never even slightly impressed.

McDonald's DOUBLE quarterpounder/cheese is the best mass produced burger known to man!

I love the U.S., but we need some time apart.

forkies
Mac Elite
Nov 21, 2005, 11:49 PM

what's with this?

BIBLE PHRASES

Ever wonder what the little bible quotes sneakily hidden on the In-N-Out paper packaging mean? Ever wonder if they have anything to do with the fact that only blonde children work here? Let's investigate:

REVELATION 3:20 (burger and cheeseburger wrappers): Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

JOHN 3:16 (soda cups): For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

PROVERBS 3:5 (milkshake cups): Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. (thanks to Robin Wright for the correction)

NAHUM 1:7 (Double-Double wrapper): The LORD is good, a stronghold in the day of trouble; he knows those who take refuge in him.

Mystical, magical, amazing! | Part 2 | The spread of Christianity is our goal. -Railroader

Spook E
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 21, 2005, 11:55 PM

i can't believe you guys! That double double **** is monstorous, how can you put that **** in your body and feel good about it, and yourself at the same time?

And WTF is up with that pink **** on the chips in the OP, what WTF is that pink stuff?

jeeeezzzzaarrzzzz christ!

Ratm
Mac Elite
Nov 22, 2005, 12:34 AM

It's a combo of thousand Island sauce with relish and other things? It's so f'ing good. And since you don't eat this kind of food everyday there is no harm. Your reaction says a lot about you.

Half of America is too fat, the other half anorexic. :/

Spook E
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 22, 2005, 12:52 AM

whats it say about me? We probably have that kind of food somewhere in australia but i've yet to see it (and hope i don't).

i dont mind the odd hamburger, but the thought of 4 meat patties with 4 slices of cheese and those wierd chip things just make my stomach flip. I just find that if i go out and eat a healthy meal (chickpea burger with tomatoe and relish yummo ) your body feels better and so does my self image, if i hate one of those burgers i'd feel like i was a bloated fatty and would be really uncomforable with it.

so yeah, lindsay lohan eating plan here i come

Link
Professional Poster
Nov 22, 2005, 06:07 AM

Spook must have a lot of self confidence to think a 4x4 will make him bloat out like crazy.

Eat a double quarter than walk/run your ass off. Better than those vegan freaks who hop into the SUV for every little move

Double Quarter Pounder and In n out

oh yah, I couldn't resist
Aloha

wdlove
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 22, 2005, 11:25 AM

I don't think that I have seen a bison burger listed as a menu option. Sounds as thought the meat must be very lean.

"Never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never - in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense." Winston Churchill

wdlove
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 22, 2005, 11:26 AM

I don't think that I have seen a bison burger listed as a menu option. Sounds as thought the meat must be very lean.

wdlove
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 22, 2005, 11:27 AM

wdlove
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 22, 2005, 11:27 AM

wdlove
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 22, 2005, 11:29 AM

Monique
Mac Elite
Nov 22, 2005, 12:19 PM

I love it too. It is ashamed it is so bad for you.

Forum Links
Forum Rules