Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > PowerBook Ship Dates

PowerBook Ship Dates (Page 7)
GSixZero
Mac Elite
Feb 21, 2005, 02:21 PM

Originally posted by J_Anderton:
What I'm curious about is why my 12" PB shipped out of Suzhou, China and not Shanghai, China like everyone elses.
The 12" powerbook is more iBook than and Powerbook, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was built at the iBook factory.

bondjames
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 21, 2005, 03:12 PM

@J Anderton: that's because only Powerbooks 15 inch come from Shanga�. All the 15" powerbooks are assembled in Shanga�, so if you had ordered a 15", it would also come from China. The 12" inch PBs are not assembled in China but somewhere else.

@frankd, I think the 4 days waiting you are talking about was a special extreme event. The computer was stuck at the customs for a weird and unexplained reason.

I went through the tracking list of about 12 different people (Germany, Switzerland, Italy, Spain) and for 80% of them, it took 2 days after the arrival in Luxembourg...
My girlfriend also. It arrived in Eindhoven last Tuesday night and she received it the day after (Wednesday)

I m sure you will receive your computer either on Wednesday or Thursday...Don't worry , you will have it for your weekend.
Like you, I'm very pessimistic, but after looking at different places and at some other people's experiences, I became more optimistic

( Last edited by bondjames; Feb 21, 2005 at 03:22 PM. )

J_Anderton
Forum Regular
Feb 21, 2005, 11:35 PM

This is odd...now it says it's in Shanghai.

Feb 21, 2005 11:30 PM

At local FedEx facility

SHANGHAI CN

Feb 19, 2005 11:15 PM

Left origin

SUZHOU CN

10:48 PM

Picked up

SUZHOU CN

Package received after FedEx cutoff

I received an email on Saturday (19th) saying my PB shipped and it says I should receive it within five days. Great. It should get here no later than Friday, correct? Correct.

Even though it's still in Shanghai now, it's still "On Time" to arrive here in Florida before the weekend or am I just getting toooooooooooo impatient?

faithfulanchor
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 22, 2005, 07:08 AM

WOOHOO I GOT MINE THIS MORNING OR YESTERDASY MORNING < I DONT KNOW>>>>>
IM REALLY DAZed and confused, because I litereally have only stepped away from it for 2 hours in the past 21 hours. But, what a fantastic day it was...

This is my first mac, and i am by all means in love...

bondjames
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 22, 2005, 10:19 AM

My status changed to "consignment received at transit point"...

That's great, that means I will receive it tomorrow morning, one day later than I expected, but still good news!

frankd
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 23, 2005, 03:16 AM

Originally posted by bondjames:
My status changed to "consignment received at transit point"...

That's great, that means I will receive it tomorrow morning, one day later than I expected, but still good news!

It is depressing. Now the 200+ powerbooks (tracking numbers from _
8018324195 to _8018324391 and more) _reached Luxembourg and all of them have been taken by TNT and are received at transit points or they are already out for delivery (at least those going to Germany and France), while just mine, another one going to Geneva and one to Bern are sitting there with no news from the tracking page.

Probably they must be decontaminated before getting into Switzerland

bondjames
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 23, 2005, 03:31 AM

@frank: I think you are in the same case as me but with just one additional day. I mean my computer has arrived at Geneva this morning so it will be delivered later on today. However, my status has not been updated for 5 days on the Apple website ( from february 18 to february 23)
On the TNT website, it just appeared yesterday, on the day before the very likely delivery!
So don't worry for the update, they wait the last minute to do it!

Are U optimistic again?

frankd
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 23, 2005, 06:04 AM

Originally posted by bondjames:
@frank: I think you are in the same case as me but with just one additional day. I mean my computer has arrived at Geneva this morning so it will be delivered later on today. However, my status has not been updated for 5 days on the Apple website ( from february 18 to february 23)
On the TNT website, it just appeared yesterday, on the day before the very likely delivery!
So don't worry for the update, they wait the last minute to do it!

Are U optimistic again?
Well, that's not the case for all the pbs I see being delivered to Stuttgart, Stockholm, Birmingham, Hamburg, London, Milan and so on. Their tracking page is updated almost immediatley. I see changes until half an hour ago.
Anyway I called TNT and they told me that they actually don't have my pb yet in their hands. KN on the other hand says they have already given it to TNT. Who would you believe?

Whatever the outcome, this is the worst experience with apple ever (which I will not repeat and I already advised friends who wanted to buy from the applestore not to do it)!

J_Anderton
Forum Regular
Feb 23, 2005, 10:52 AM

I am SO happy.

It is now on the FedEx truck out for delivery and should arrive "before 10:30am."

Last night, it said it left Anchorage at 9:22pm and it said "Estimate Arrive 2/23 before 10:30am."

I was like, "Damn! It's going to get Anchorage to Florida like that!"

Well...it kind of did. I checked this morning and it left Anchorage at 3:30pm yesterday, then Indianapolis, then to Orlando, then to Melbourne, Floriday all today. Kudos FedEx.

Big kudos to Apple and FedEx. It's smart of them to give an estimate of "On or before 2/25" and have it ship on the 19th.

Six days before the estimate ship date. Nice.

"Package should arrive WITHIN five days." I was honestly expecting it to arrive either tomorrow or Friday, but it's coming today! Hopefully within the hour!

After a loooooong wait, the Powerbook shall be mine.

cschmelz
Forum Regular
Feb 23, 2005, 12:30 PM

It would appear they are getting over the backlog, including BTO's...I ordered my 15 inch BTO just a week and a half ago and it shipped yesterday....Here by Saturday!

Stratus Fear
Senior User
Feb 23, 2005, 01:32 PM

Originally posted by cschmelz:
It would appear they are getting over the backlog, including BTO's...I ordered my 15 inch BTO just a week and a half ago and it shipped yesterday....Here by Saturday!
Seems they definitely are getting over the backlog. Ordered mine a week ago, shipped already. Tracking page says I'll have it by Monday. I'm excited!

Simon
Posting Junkie
Feb 23, 2005, 04:39 PM

Originally posted by frankd:
at the moment my status is "Arrived at EDC", which I don't know exactly what it means
EDC = express distribution center

Right now my 15" is flying high up in the skies somewhere between China and Luxembourg.
•

jumpjim
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 24, 2005, 06:13 AM

Thank @�$% for that.... My Powerbook 15" BTO is finally out for delivery. Should be here soon.

I imagine I might notice the difference over my G3 600 iBook
Indecision is the key to flexibility...

frankd
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 24, 2005, 11:35 AM

Finally I got my hands on it!!!!

Summary: ordered on 31st, shipping on or before 7 Feb, then delayed on or before 14th. Shipped on the 15th. Left Shanghai on the 18th and today 24th reached Geneva.

Apple: change delivery companies!!!! (Kuehne und Nagel and TNT in this case)

Simon
Posting Junkie
Feb 24, 2005, 04:31 PM

Finally I got my hands on it!!!!

Summary: ordered on 31st, shipping on or before 7 Feb, then delayed on or before 14th. Shipped on the 15th. Left Shanghai on the 18th and today 24th reached Geneva.
Nice. Could you give us a copy of your tracking information? I'm still trying to understand mine...
•

tempus
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 25, 2005, 08:46 AM

I ordered a 12" Powerbook yesterday and it was shipped around midnight this morning.

Where does it say estimated date of arrival? I got 5 day shipping (could have gone 2-3 day, cos 15$ hardly would have broke the bank after that purchase )?
hello, resolven

SMacTech
Mac Elite
Feb 25, 2005, 09:26 AM

Originally posted by J_Anderton:
What I'm curious about is why my 12" PB shipped out of Suzhou, China and not Shanghai, China like everyone elses.
My 12" PB did too. It sat in China from last friday night until early monday morning. It arrived on wednesday with the 2 day shipping options.

So far, I love it and it is faster [ at most things ] than my desktop, which being a mdd867, isn't hard to comprehend why.

I have been looking for a nice sleeve only, no bag or carrying case. I want the most minimal tight fitting one i can get.

frankd
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 25, 2005, 09:28 AM

Originally posted by Simon:
Nice. Could you give us a copy of your tracking information? I'm still trying to understand mine...
From KN:

22 feb 05 90 75 truck arrived at final destination Apple Shanghai 22 feb 05
21 feb 05 30 10 departed direct KN Luxemburg
21 feb 05 40 60 Arrived at EDC KN Luxemburg
21 feb 05 86 14 booking slot obtained KN Luxemburg
18 feb 05 32 55 flight departed Kuehne & Nagel Shanghai
18 feb 05 32 05 Flight Booked Kuehne & Nagel Shanghai
15 feb 05 86 06 shipment on hold due to cargo exceeding daily space allocation KN High Tech Logistics
15 feb 05 30 64 Departed from source Apple Shanghai
15 feb 05 30 60 departed from product source Kuehne & Nagel Shanghai
15 feb 05 05 00 boxes scanned Kuehne & Nagel Shanghai
15 feb 05 00 05 Data received from supplier Apple Shanghai

From TNT:

24 Feb 2005_14:45_Geneva_Delivered_
24 Feb 2005_14:37_Geneva_Out For Delivery_
24 Feb 2005_08:00_Geneva_Import Received_
24 Feb 2005_06:21_Geneva_Released From Customs_
24 Feb 2005_01:43_Liege Euro Hub_Consignment Passed Through Transit Point_
24 Feb 2005_00:42_Eindhoven_Shipped From Originating Depot_
24 Feb 2005_00:14_Eindhoven_Shipped From Originating Depot_
23 Feb 2005_13:20_Eindhoven_ Consignment Received At Transit Point_

Hope this helps.

Simon
Posting Junkie
Feb 25, 2005, 10:27 AM

Hope this helps.
Thanks. I still don't understand mine.

KN last said:
24 feb 05 40 69 accept scanned at EDC KN Luxemburg ETA: 28 feb 05

But there is no more information. Apple's page says nothing at all and TNT claims to not even know about the shipping number.
•

Stratus Fear
Senior User
Feb 25, 2005, 10:32 AM

Apple shipped my BTO 15" by FedEx on Wednesday.

Feb 25, 2005
9:04 AM On FedEx vehicle for delivery GAINESVILLE, GA
8:17 AM At local FedEx facility GAINESVILLE, GA
6:06 AM At dest sort facility HAPEVILLE, GA
4:30 AM Departed FedEx location INDIANAPOLIS, IN
7:59 AM Int'l shipment release INDIANAPOLIS, IN
1:20 AM Arrived at FedEx location INDIANAPOLIS, IN
Feb 24, 2005
3:57 PM Departed FedEx location ANCHORAGE, AK
Feb 23, 2005
11:09 PM At local FedEx facility SHANGHAI CN
1:42 PM Picked up SHANGHAI CN Package received after FedEx cutoff
1:42 PM Left origin SHANGHAI CN
9:57 AM Package data transmitted to FedEx

It going to get here today already, in just two days. I only selected the free shipping option. I'm impressed. I thought I was going to have one of the longer shipping times as well.

cschmelz
Forum Regular
Feb 25, 2005, 04:34 PM

Hmmm, seems odd that so many peoples' powerbooks shipped from Shanghai but MINE shipped from California...

why is that?

Date/Time

Status

Comments

Feb 23, 2005 9:37 am

Departed FedEx sort facility

SACRAMENTO, CA

3:35 am

Scanned at FedEx sort facility

SACRAMENTO, CA

12:44 am

Package information transmitted to FedEx

SACRAMENTO, CA

Feb 22, 2005 10:34 pm

Customer-Loaded Trailer Picked Up

SACRAMENTO, CA

GSixZero
Mac Elite
Feb 25, 2005, 04:37 PM

Hmmm, seems odd that so many peoples' powerbooks shipped from Shanghai but MINE shipped from California...
I'm guessing your machine was not configured for you, or if it was, perhaps just RAM. I'm sure Apple likes to ship stock machines over in freight and distribute from CA rather than foot the bill on individual air shipping for every machine from China.

iluvmymactoo
Forum Regular
Feb 25, 2005, 05:11 PM

I ordered a BTO 12" PowerBook on Feb 21st and as Australia is always at the bottom of the priority line I'm hoping to get it before Easter, but I doubt it.
PowerBook 12" Combo 1.5Ghz 1.25GB Ram 100GB HDD - Yep it's PPC! I'll wait for the 3rd generation MacTel when they're at their best :)

cschmelz
Forum Regular
Feb 25, 2005, 10:09 PM

Originally posted by GSixZero:
I'm guessing your machine was not configured for you, or if it was, perhaps just RAM. I'm sure Apple likes to ship stock machines over in freight and distribute from CA rather than foot the bill on individual air shipping for every machine from China.
Strangly it is a 100gb HD, 128mb VRAM setup...strange!

Hey, does FedEx ground really deliver on Saturday? My system is supposed to be delivered tomorrow but there hasn't been a scan since it left California on the 23nd!!!
( Last edited by cschmelz; Feb 25, 2005 at 10:14 PM. )

Stratus Fear
Senior User
Feb 25, 2005, 11:09 PM

Strangly it is a 100gb HD, 128mb VRAM setup...strange!

Hey, does FedEx ground really deliver on Saturday? My system is supposed to be delivered tomorrow but there hasn't been a scan since it left California on the 23nd!!!
If the way your PowerBook was configured is the same as those "Superfly" models, maybe Apple keeps a stock of those as well as the standard configurations. Maybe that's why it came from Cali?

cschmelz
Forum Regular
Feb 25, 2005, 11:57 PM

Originally posted by Stratus Fear:
If the way your PowerBook was configured is the same as those "Superfly" models, maybe Apple keeps a stock of those as well as the standard configurations. Maybe that's why it came from Cali?
Perhaps...I think a LOT of people are ordering the same configuration as I did....I doubt I'm the only one who thinks it is the best price/performance setup, especially once Tiger comes out....

Woohoo, it finally arrived in Toledo, OH, just 45 miles from here, so perhaps it WILL be delivered tomorrow!

tempus
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 26, 2005, 10:29 AM

My 12" has taken 2 days to get to Indianapolis, Fedex says it should arrive at my house on monday. my first mac, so excited . shame i won't be arriving back home until friday .
hello, resolven

jblaze813
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 26, 2005, 07:45 PM

my powerbook has been sitting in a Shanghai fedex location for the past two days. its estimated to get here on the 2nd but i want it sooner. damn i can't wait to get my hands on it.

Thomasair
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 27, 2005, 06:14 AM

Hm, this is strange. All other PBs were taking off the same day the flight was booked. Mine isn't. Is this a bad sign?

24 feb 05 32 05 Flight Booked CNSHA30
23 feb 05 00 05 Data received from supplier CNSHA30
23 feb 05 30 60 departed from product source Kuehne & Nagel Shanghai
23 feb 05 05 00 boxes scanned Kuehne & Nagel Shanghai
23 feb 05 30 64 Departed from source CNSHA30

tempus
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 28, 2005, 10:48 AM

just been delievered. really impressed. it took a remarkable 5 days in total.

final fedex statement:

On FedEx vehicle for delivery PINEVILLE NC 02/28/2005 08:12
Arrived at FedEx Destination Location PINEVILLE NC 02/28/2005 07:14
Arrived at FedEx Ramp CHARLOTTE NC 02/28/2005 06:46
Left FedEx Ramp CHARLOTTE NC 02/27/2005 23:47
Left FedEx Sort Facility INDIANAPOLIS IN 02/27/2005 09:15
Arrived at Sort Facility INDIANAPOLIS IN 02/25/2005 23:21
Arrived at FedEx Ramp SHANGHAI CN 02/25/2005 22:18
Left FedEx Ramp SHANGHAI CN 02/25/2005 21:31
Left FedEx Sort Facility ANCHORAGE AK 02/25/2005 13:42
Arrived at Sort Facility ANCHORAGE AK 02/25/2005 12:43
Left FedEx Origin Location SUZHOU CN 02/25/2005 11:24
hello, resolven

magicbbird
Mar 1, 2005, 06:30 PM

Ordered a 12" + superdrive + 1.25G ram + stock HD on Feb 24

Today (Mar 1) got an email saying it is shipped. The FedEx tracking page doesn't say much, so I think the package just left the factory and is received by FedEx.

Initially it says it will ship on or before Mar 7. I am pleasantly surprised by the fast turnaround. Let's see how long it takes to come to Canada.

Canucklehead
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 2, 2005, 03:18 AM

Ordered a 15" PB (128 MB video, 1 gig RAM, 100 gb HD, superdrive) on Thursday (Feb 24th) and it just shipped (Tues March 1st). It was scheduled to ship on/before the 7th, so I'm quite happy!

satcomtim
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 2, 2005, 04:46 PM

Canucklehead: Where did your PB ship from? I oredered that same setup on the 26 of Feb and kinda basing my ship/delivery date off of yours.

Edit: Asking cause I am reading that the "Ultimate/Superfly" Models ship from Cali.

Man I hate the wait!
Thanks,
Tim
( Last edited by satcomtim; Mar 2, 2005 at 05:14 PM. )

Simon
Posting Junkie
Mar 2, 2005, 04:51 PM

I finally got it. My 15" PowerBook is here!

15" PowerBook, 1.67 GHz, 1 GB RAM, 80 GB HD, 8xSD, 128 MB VRAM & iWork ordered on 2/15. Shipped on 2/21.

Here's the entire tracking information.

TNT:
02 Mar 2005, 12:14, Zurich, Out For Delivery_
02 Mar 2005, 09:36, Zurich, Import Received_
02 Mar 2005, 09:31, Basel, Released From Customs
01 Mar 2005, 20:08, Arnhem Hub, Consignment Passed Through Transit Point
01 Mar 2005, 20:07, Arnhem Hub, Consignment Received At Transit Point_
01 Mar 2005, 18:52, Eindhoven, Shipped From Originating Depot_
01 Mar 2005, 13:40, Eindhoven, Consignment Received At Transit Point_
01 Mar 2005, 12:49, Eindhoven, Consignment Received At Transit Point_

KN:
25 feb 05, 90 75, truck arrived at final destination, Apple Shanghai, ETA 28 feb 05
24 feb 05, 30 10, departed direct KN, Luxemburg _
24 feb 05, 40 69, accept scanned at EDC KN, Luxemburg, ETA 28 feb 05
24 feb 05, 40 60, Arrived at EDC, KN Luxemburg, ETA 25 feb 05
24 feb 05, 86 14, booking slot obtained, KN Luxemburg
22 feb 05, 32 55, flight departed, Kuehne & Nagel Shanghai
22 feb 05, 32 05, Flight Booked, Kuehne & Nagel Shanghai
21 feb 05, 30 60, departed from product source, Kuehne & Nagel Shanghai
21 feb 05, 00 05, Data received from supplier, Apple Shanghai
21 feb 05, 05 00, boxes scanned, Kuehne & Nagel Shanghai
21 feb 05, 30 64, Departed from source, Apple Shanghai

I'm still wondering WTH happened between Feb 24 and March 1. KN brought it to Luxembourg on Feb 24 and it took 5 days to get it to TNT in Eindhoven. Darn, you could probably walk that distance in less than 5 days. OTOH it took only a night to get it from Holland to Switzerland by truck and to pass Swiss customs. Not bad.
•

Canucklehead
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 2, 2005, 07:25 PM

Originally posted by satcomtim:
Canucklehead: Where did your PB ship from? I oredered that same setup on the 26 of Feb and kinda basing my ship/delivery date off of yours.

Edit: Asking cause I am reading that the "Ultimate/Superfly" Models ship from Cali.

Thanks,
Tim
Shanghai.

Trygve
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 3, 2005, 04:01 AM

Ordered on 18 Feb.

15" 1.67, 2GB, 100HD, SuperDrive, 128VRAM + 23" Cinema

Original ship date was 2 March, now pushed back to 11 March. :-(

satcomtim
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 3, 2005, 02:24 PM

Just recived Shipping Notice. Ordered on 26 Feb and shipped 3 March (Est was on/before 8 March). Fedex is showing delivery by 10:30am on Monday, 7 March!

Now just need to find a way to get out of work on Monday!

BTW: 15" 1.67, 128VRAM, 1GB, 100GB

Canucklehead
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 9, 2005, 03:42 AM

Originally posted by Canucklehead:
Ordered a 15" PB (128 MB video, 1 gig RAM, 100 gb HD, superdrive) on Thursday (Feb 24th) and it just shipped (Tues March 1st). It was scheduled to ship on/before the 7th, so I'm quite happy!
My powerbook arrived this morning (March 8th), just as the FedEx tracking site said... Interesting voyage: Shanghai --> Alaska --> Tennessee --> Mississauga (Toronto) --> Vancouver. Didn't move anywhere on the weekend.

It's a sweet machine!

MichaelSullivan
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 10, 2005, 07:54 PM

Well, I ordered my 15" with 1gig ram on march 3rd at 3:15pm. it arrived today... guess I'm lucky... 7days total.

Package Progress:
Date/Time Location Activity

Mar 10, 2005 4:21 P.M. ENGLEWOOD, CO, US CUSTOMER WILL PICK UP EVENING
3:08 P.M. ENGLEWOOD, CO, US DELIVERY CHANGE, WILL CALL
12:33 P.M. ENGLEWOOD, CO, US RECEIVER WAS UNAVAILABLE
3:45 A.M. ENGLEWOOD, CO, US OUT FOR DELIVERY

Mar 9, 2005 7:35 P.M. ENGLEWOOD, CO, US ARRIVAL SCAN
6:40 P.M. COMMERCE CITY, CO, US DEPARTURE SCAN
4:42 P.M. COMMERCE CITY, CO, US ARRIVAL SCAN
4:11 P.M. LOUISVILLE, KY, US DEPARTURE SCAN
2:33 P.M. LOUISVILLE, KY, US IMPORT SCAN
11:30 A.M. LOUISVILLE, KY, US IMPORT SCAN

Mar 6, 2005 9:14 P.M. SHANGHAI, CN DEPARTURE SCAN
1:12 P.M. SHANGHAI, CN ORIGIN SCAN

Mar 5, 2005 9:15 A.M. SHANGHAI, CN ORIGIN SCAN
5:21 A.M. CN BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

Turmoil
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 23, 2005, 04:51 PM

I ordered my 15" 1.67 Ghz, 80GB Hd, 128MB VRAM, 1GB RAM powerbook on the 19th of February.

I've gotten 3 automatically mailed out delay emails and fully expect another by EOD today.

I've tried calling their useless support but they don't seem to be able to see any more than I can via their order status web interface.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I might do?

This is re-god-damn-diculous!

steel84
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 24, 2005, 02:53 AM

I have just ordered my new 15'' powerbook with 128 video and 1g ram. First mac I ordered March 22 at 10:31am and will ship on or before 3/30. Just got the email that it has shipped on 3/24 . Anyone else having good shipment time?
Just bought a PB 15', 1g ram, 80HD, 128 vid. First Mac.

steel84
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 24, 2005, 11:37 AM

Mar 24, 2005 10:40 pm

Left FedEx Origin Location

SHANGHAI CN

10:36 pm

Pickup status

SHANGHAI CN

Package received after FedEx cutoff time

9:09 pm

Left FedEx Ramp

SHANGHAI CN

8:16 pm

Arrived at FedEx Ramp

SHANGHAI CN

steel84
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 24, 2005, 09:26 PM

Just got my new blue tooth mouse its very lonley. I also got the kensington air/car adapter. I dont know if anyone is reading this thread anymore, but is anyone expecting there new PB anytime soon?

steel84
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 25, 2005, 04:39 PM

its here and i love it. Way before the initial ship date of march 30

Forum Links
Forum Rules