Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > TDK VeloCD External CD Writer problem with Powerbook

TDK VeloCD External CD Writer problem with Powerbook
Vitorio
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 18, 2005, 11:46 PM

I've had my external TDK cd writer for almost 2 years now and have never had any problems with it until I upgraded to Panther last year. I found some suggestions on this site on how to make some adjustments and downloaded a new device plugin so I could directly burn photos and songs from iPhoto and iTunes. However, sometime ago my Mac downloaded some updates from Apple and had to restart. Ever since then my computer will no longer read my external cd writer. I know my firewire port is fine because I use it everyday with my iPod. I brought my cd burner to compusa and hooked it up to several different macs over there and it worked fine. I also made sure to use my own cable so I know that my cable isn't broken.
Any suggestions as to why my computer would stop reading?
I'm running a Powerbook G4 Titanium with 512mb ram and OSX 10.3.9
This is really bugging me so any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Forum Links
Forum Rules