Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Just got a new mac! MacBook Pro 2.0GHZ core duo

Just got a new mac! MacBook Pro 2.0GHZ core duo
DeusExMachina
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 21, 2006, 04:42 AM

I just got the third mac laptop I have had within a one year period. Some background on this is my first mac (1GHZ 12" ibook G4) which was purchased almost 2 years ago. It was a good laptop but it's monitor sadly got destroyed in a accident caused by my sister during last october. Anyways she paid me back for the ibook, and I ended up getting a 15" powerbook when they were updated in november. The powerbook was a very nice laptop and it is probably the reason why I love macs as much as I do now, but I felt like it just didn't have the speed I required from a primary computer.

So since I recently got a good opportunity to get a 2GHZ macbook pro, I decided to buy one to replace my powerbook. So basically thats my background with macs. Anyways, I find the macbook pro to be a very nice leap over the final rev powerbook. The monitor is way better, and I love all of the new features the intel mac has such as frontrow, photobooth, ilife 06, and so on. Also the speed increase in great, I have noticed a large performance boost in many of the intel native apps. Only complaint is that rosetta seems to require tons of memory, so I have ordered another 1GB stick to help out with that.

So basically I got this to have a computer that will last me a few years, since I will be going off to college somewhat soon. The specs are the stock 2.0GHZ 15", which is 100GB 5400RPM HD, Radeon X1600 256MB, 2.0GHZ intel core duo, and 2GB of RAM after the upgrade.

angelmb
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 21, 2006, 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by DeusExMachina
The specs are the stock 2.0GHZ 15", which is 100GB 5400RPM HD, Radeon X1600 256MB, 2.0GHZ intel core duo, and 2GB of RAM after the upgrade.
That sounds so sweet… my last PowerBook was a 17" model with half the GHz, half the RAM, kinda half the hard drive, 1/4 the Video RAM… LOL time flies !!

TheIceMan
Mac Elite
Mar 21, 2006, 07:37 AM

Wow, 2GB of RAM! Woohoo! Congrats.

Mr. Blur
Professional Poster
Mar 21, 2006, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by DeusExMachina
The specs are the stock 2.0GHZ 15", which is 100GB 5400RPM HD, Radeon X1600 256MB, 2.0GHZ intel core duo, and 2GB of RAM after the upgrade.
That's exactly what I just got last Friday too....it is indeed a wonderful laptop - I'm lovin' it!
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity...

Forum Links
Forum Rules