Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Does anyone else not care about the election?

Does anyone else not care about the election?
Chooglin'
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 19, 2008, 01:13 AM

We all know that a politician is a politician. Whether you vote Republican or Democrat, just remember how virtually all politicians voted for the war regardless of the party or didn't vote at all to protect their images.

The news spends all the time on issues which don't matter to Americans. Foreign wars, gay marriage, financial bailout for bankers.

Has anyone dared thought what it would be like to live without all this bullshit?

Atheist
Mac Elite
Oct 19, 2008, 01:33 AM

Most of my friends are passionately into politics whereas I really don't give a rats ass. I'm convinced that it really doesn't matter who gets elected.

Sage
Mac Elite
Oct 19, 2008, 01:38 AM

I care about politics. A lot. But I’m a libertarian, so Obama and McCain are the same person to me. I really could not care less who wins.

Andy8
Mac Elite
Oct 19, 2008, 09:01 PM

What election?

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Oct 19, 2008, 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by Sage View Post
I care about politics. A lot. But I’m a libertarian, so Obama and McCain are the same person to me. I really could not care less who wins.
BINGO!! That's a direct hit.

Now, I'm going back to my Ardbeg and pipe.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

Ham Sandwich
Oct 21, 2008, 01:30 PM

I am registered but chose not to vote for either major party.

The entire political system needs an upheaval. The system is corrupt at all levels. Neither of the current puppets will do a thing different than what they're going to be told to do.

While it is rabidly blatant that the system is broken and corrupt most people, it seems, do not care. We need a revolution but without any one to fight for one, it will always be business as usual. Their should be riots, dissent and acts of treason instead of people sitting idly by hoping that a talking head will fix their money problems.

ort888
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 21, 2008, 01:37 PM

Stupendousman doesn't seem to care that much one way or the other.

My sig is 1 pixel too big.

Laminar
Posting Junkie
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Oct 21, 2008, 01:41 PM

Yeah, he comes across as being pretty complacent.

kylef
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 21, 2008, 02:26 PM

I'm not even from the states and I care, haha. I'm just curious to see what will happen come November next year. A year into Presidency in this turmoil and I'd be interested in seeing what will have changed. I genuinely believe the world would be a 'cleaner' place with a Gore President, and I think we need enthusiasm right now and on that front Obama has the edge..

I was on the motorway a while back (Northern Ireland ... corrupt fun) and actually saw a car bumper sticker: "Obama '08"

Forum Links
Forum Rules