Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Modern Warfare 2 thread

Modern Warfare 2 thread (Page 19)
Leonard
Professional Poster
Dec 29, 2009, 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by Stogieman View Post
It's a shame there's no theater mode in MW2. A couple of your game winning kill cams were keepers.
Yeah it would be great to have a theatre mode, some MW2 moments are a hell of alot funnier than Halo 3.
Mac Pro Dual 3.0 Dual-Core
MacBook Pro

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 29, 2009, 08:57 AM

OK, I'll admit it, I'm jealous of the 20odd kills for single figure deaths that quite a few seem to be getting here. I presume that these are not runners and gunners? Silenced weapons if playing Std TDM? Bit of camping involved?

I do get stats like that but only when playing with my clan i.e. having good comms and being pretty 'serious' about the game. And not moving too much.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Dec 29, 2009, 11:29 AM

Yeah, you were pretty much unstoppable last night. It's funny you bring up our camping in the Scrapyard match. That scrambler dude didn't know when to quit. You would think he got the hint when he saw my HBS in the kill cam. I went 15-0 in that match thanks to that dude trying to get revenge on us.
Yeah, I'm curious, what weapon were you running with on there? Even my 200 bullet RPD ran out for me.

It's a shame there's no theater mode in MW2. A couple of your game winning kill cams were keepers. There was also a Benny Hill moment on Derail I wish I could share you guys. Me and this other guy were running around in circles trying to knife each other. Apparently both of us were out of ammo.
Yeah, people complain about the knife aiming being too forgiving, but then you get stuck on one of those fights and you just wish it would end.

I also noticed during our run last night that only one enemy Harrier/Helicopter lasted more than 5 seconds. It was like some unmentioned race between us to see who can shoot them down first.
Well, it depends on the map. Do you carry a stinger as a secondary on all your classes? I just don't have that luxury. Also, it seems somewhat dangerous on my warm-blooded classes.

Originally Posted by Leonard View Post
I call this "The Lemming Effect". For some strange reason, people just go storming into the same door or building one after another, even when they've died there. I'll kill 5 people coming out of a building and none of them will figure they can go around behind me and kill me (well if you watch out for the claymore behind me). Or after I kill 5 people coming out of a building a few stupid team members will go running past me into the building and be killed. Stop idiots, I'm campin' here for a reason. The Lemming Effect is one way to get kills. Or like you said, the same guy tries to kill you time and time again, and probably gets so frustrated he taps out of the kill-cam right away instead of looking at the kill-cam to see where you are and think about how stupid he is going at you the same way.

As for the new people joining MW2, yeah they've contributed to some great games. I think I had a 26-2 the other day and my team still lost, needless to say I was in the number one place.
There's a bit of a grudge match factor. I get caught up in it too. If the guy who kills you got real lucky or pulled some BS (lag, etc.) the frustration can build and all you want is payback.

I spent a decent amount of time this weekend in your games, too. Not that I recall any off the top of my head.

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Dec 29, 2009, 01:01 PM

I've been one of the many "Christmas n00bz" during the past week, but I finally started feeling somewhat in control of what was happening yesterday. I finally rattled off my first 6-game streak with a positive death/kill ratio after I started getting a better grip on the maps, weapon add-ons, and common tactics. It was my first time to play the game that I didn't get embarrassed and/or frustrated.

To be honest, I've been a little pessimistic about reaching the levels that you guys have been talking about. I probably won't prestige more than once or twice the entire time I own the game, but at least now I think I'll get some genuine enjoyment out of it.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Dec 29, 2009, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by mattyb View Post
OK, I'll admit it, I'm jealous of the 20odd kills for single figure deaths that quite a few seem to be getting here. I presume that these are not runners and gunners? Silenced weapons if playing Std TDM? Bit of camping involved?

I do get stats like that but only when playing with my clan i.e. having good comms and being pretty 'serious' about the game. And not moving too much.
Unless you're incredibly skilled (or strategic or have a great connection), you're not doing any huge streaks running and gunning. My strategies change per map, but yes, I am prone to staying in certain areas on certain maps. As for silenced weapons, only on a handful of maps, and none I'm particularly fond of.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Dec 29, 2009, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by Jawbone54 View Post
I've been one of the many "Christmas n00bz" during the past week, but I finally started feeling somewhat in control of what was happening yesterday. I finally rattled off my first 6-game streak with a positive death/kill ratio after I started getting a better grip on the maps, weapon add-ons, and common tactics. It was my first time to play the game that I didn't get embarrassed and/or frustrated.

To be honest, I've been a little pessimistic about reaching the levels that you guys have been talking about. I probably won't prestige more than once or twice the entire time I own the game, but at least now I think I'll get some genuine enjoyment out of it.
Well the thing is there are multiple things you need to do to "master" the game.

You need good reflexes and skill.
You need to know the maps.
You need to know general player tendencies for those maps.
You need decent weapons and some attachments
You need decent classes (lvl 13+)
You need an understanding of the perks (including pro) to create good classes (and ones suited to your strengths)

After all that, then you can pull 20-2s with some regularity. Sure, I can rattle off some 17-4 games right after prestige, but not on any map. And god help me if there are killstreaks in the air. Then its hide in a corner time.

Having played CoD4 (and been fairly passable; my finishing k/d/ was in the 1.3s meaning I was probably averaging 1.5 near the end), this game can do a lot to cover your weaknesses (see: missiles with lock-on for ex.). The big thing is now that there's an established community, its a much rougher ride getting broken in. I keep saying it, they really need an intro lobby for the lower levels. Green patches that do really well are few and far inbetween).

Mrjinglesusa
Professional Poster
Dec 29, 2009, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by The Final Dakar View Post
Well the thing is there are multiple things you need to do to "master" the game.

You need to know the maps.
You need to know general player tendencies for those maps.
In my experience, these two are the most important. On maps I know well (e.g., Estate, Terminal, and Scrap Yard), I generally do pretty well because I know good spots to patrol and I know where enemies like to try and go. On maps I don't know well and/or don't play often, I get my ass handed to me.

Another thing to note: people who go 17-4, 22-2, 25-0, etc. generally don't (if ever) get those scores without getting Kill Streak reward kills. If you can get a kill streak, your reward helps you get more kills (hopefully) while you are in hiding which might trigger your next Kill Streak reward (except Air Drop) and thus more kills. Thus, it's going to be VERY difficult to go 22-2 if you can't string together at least a 5-6 kill streak (actually, now that I think about it, it's impossible to go 22-2 without getting at least one at least 5-6 kill streak). If you can get a 6-kill streak + 3 kills out of your reward, you're well on your way to 22-2 because your next reward triggered by those 3 kills will likely get you lots more kills. Die and repeat. Now, it DOES take skill to get that 6-kill streak. LOL

boy8cookie
Mac Elite
Dec 29, 2009, 05:00 PM

My general strategy is to play like a puhnanzy until I get my 5 kills for my first kill streak reward, which I use to get my 7 kill streak reward, which I use to get my 11 kill streak reward. Pretty simple, really.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Dec 29, 2009, 05:02 PM

Yes, I have 5-7-11 set-up (trying to bang out Chopper Gunner challenges). But the way things were this weekend, getting to 7 almost never got me to 11 without more effort on my part. Of my three 23-0 games this weekend, I don't think my chopper gunner got me past 15 or 16 kills more than once. That means I got another 8+ kills on my own.

Certain maps (or situations) also make it difficult to use your KS in a timely fashion. On Terminal, I can get from kill 5 to 8 in short order because of some enemy onslaught. Then its hope my allies have my back while I sit in a corner and deploy my predator missile and harrier (Most of the time they don't and get very obviously flanked).

---

As a side note, the new people can also bring an unexpected unpredictability on some maps. On Sub Base, one side of the map has pretty much been abandoned, yet this weekend I saw more people on those far roofs than in the past three weeks combined.

boy8cookie
Mac Elite
Dec 29, 2009, 05:04 PM

Then its hope my allies have my back while I sit in a corner and deploy my predator missile and harrier (Most of the time they don't and get very obviously flanked).
This is why we need to get back to partying up.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Dec 29, 2009, 05:52 PM

Yes. You missed some good times this weekend. That 26 win streak could well have been eclipsed. God knows I raised my winning percentage just playing solo.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Dec 29, 2009, 06:51 PM

If i can tear myself away from STALKER, or I see both you guys on I'm down for partying up.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Dec 29, 2009, 07:18 PM

Looking over Jawbone's stats, considering the situation hes in and the improvement they've shown, he looks like he may be quite the formidable opponent once he settles in and rounds out his classes and perks.

Leonard
Professional Poster
Dec 29, 2009, 09:38 PM

I still get a laugh out of the light machine guns with a silencer. Like no-one's going to notice me with a silencer on my big loud machine gun.

I tend to use silencers on underpass and derail. If you can stay unnoticed in these maps, you can get kills. I've had enemies run by me in underpass, not paying attention to the high grass. It's also good to have cold-blooded and ninja on these maps.

I see what you guys mean by noticing a guy with scrambler near-by. I had a guy like that, I could always tell when he was around.
MacBook Pro

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 30, 2009, 04:49 AM

I still get a laugh out of the light machine guns with a silencer. Like no-one's going to notice me with a silencer on my big loud machine gun.
I'm quite successful with an RPD or AUG + silencer. Last night on Derail with the AUG + Silencer + Thermal, I didn't do badly. The only trouble with the thermal is quick shots. I think that the only class without silencer (AR, LMG or SMG) for Std TDM is my sniper setup.

I find it quite tempting to try and get all the challenges for one AR, but then I don't think that you rank up as fast.

Demolition : played my first game last night and after starting badly came out with over 10k XP without finishing a challenge. K/D ratio gets hit a bit but not as much as HQ. I like it.

The Xmas noobs are a welcome addition.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Dec 30, 2009, 11:17 AM

Last night can suck my nuts.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Dec 30, 2009, 01:07 PM

Right, but it keeps me off your mini-map. Last night on wasteland, I managed to visually locate a prone ghillied up sniper because he was spamming his silenced weap too much.

I see what you guys mean by noticing a guy with scrambler near-by. I had a guy like that, I could always tell when he was around.
I'm a little worried that it took you til your first prestige to notice these people.

Stogieman  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 30, 2009, 02:11 PM

Seriously. Was it Community Clan Night or something?

Slick shoes?! Are you crazy?!

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Dec 30, 2009, 03:07 PM

Seriously. Was it Community Clan Night or something?
I wasn't referring to that, but it didn't help that matchmaking seemed intent to dump us with much bigger sized clans. No offense, but I'm not likely to party up with you and jawbone at the same time without additional help.

No, I was sucking all yesterday, when I got home and when i got back on later. One of those nights where I can't win a damn head-to-head battle thanks to either ping or stopping power (and occasionally spastic aiming), I was always turning my head away the second before someone would appear, and the spawns were less than kind.

Aside from that game on Skidrow (where our team really intelligently dealt with some übercamping; seriously, they even dealt with the sentry gun decently well) most of the night was a trial in frustration. Killing Jawbone via a rocket eases some of the pain, though. That and the blind semtex throw I also blasted him with.

On the flipside, me and him spent some quality time upstairs on skidrow. With him mostly getting in my way. I tell you, the hole in the floor is severely underrated.

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Dec 30, 2009, 03:08 PM

Yeeeeeah, I embarrassed myself pretty badly during my first meet-up with some 'NNers. I had a few decent matches with some students of mine afterward, but nothing as good as the night before. I'm liking the game more and more though.

I've been doing my best to take the suggestions from earlier in the thread. I feel I have a much better grasp of all but two or three of the maps, and I'm trying to find a good balance in the perks and upgrades. The Bling ability helped. I'm also still trying to find my "place." I know I'm not a great sniper, and my reflexes are a little rusty, so I can't be a point man. I've been trying to flank quite a bit; most of that seems to be going better as I become more familiar with the maps.

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Dec 30, 2009, 03:13 PM

I wasn't referring to that, but it didn't help that matchmaking seemed intent to dump us with much bigger sized clans. No offense, but I'm not likely to party up with you and jawbone at the same time without additional help.
Yeeeeeeow!

No, I was sucking all yesterday, when I got home and when i got back on later. One of those nights where I can't win a damn head-to-head battle thanks to either ping or stopping power (and occasionally spastic aiming), I was always turning my head away the second before someone would appear, and the spawns were less than kind.
Yeah, I was kind of wondering about those 27-0 matches I kept reading about. Hmmm...

Aside from that game on Skidrow (where our team really intelligently dealt with some übercamping; seriously, they even dealt with the sentry gun decently well) most of the night was a trial in frustration. Killing Jawbone via a rocket eases some of the pain, though. That and the blind semtex throw I also blasted him with.
I watched the semtex on replay because I was pretty sure that one was luck. The replay did nothing to sway my opinion of the kill.

On the flipside, me and him spent some quality time upstairs on skidrow. With him mostly getting in my way. I tell you, the hole in the floor is severely underrated.
The first time we had an accidental same-team run-in, I think I tried to knife you. Then the next game I unloaded a clip on a teammate because his green indicator wasn't showing up as I came up behind him. Only when I looked at the radar did I realize my mistake. Well, the radar and a bewildered voice coming through my headset asking, "Jawbone, what the **** are you doing?"

boy8cookie
Mac Elite
Dec 30, 2009, 03:20 PM

I was doing great (35-2!) until my brother started downloading something, the lag was ridiculous... Oh well.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Dec 30, 2009, 03:31 PM

Yeeeeeah, I embarrassed myself pretty badly during my first meet-up with some 'NNers. I had a few decent matches with some students of mine afterward, but nothing as good as the night before. I'm liking the game more and more though.
I didn't think you embarrassed yourself. Seemed like quite a few games you and stogie were on par.

Yeeeeeeow!
Nothing personal, but if the game is gonna give us mega-clans, I can't carry games, particularly when I'm gagging on the cock as well.

Yeah, I was kind of wondering about those 27-0 matches I kept reading about. Hmmm...
Obviously, it's a mass conspiracy, like Tiger's supposed sexual prowess.

I watched the semtex on replay because I was pretty sure that one was luck. The replay did nothing to sway my opinion of the kill.
It was sound strategy. Someone lit me up from down below. I can either peek my head out and hope I see them before they see me (damned unlikely), or I can chuck a grenade in their vicinity and hope they're too flat-footed to get away.

The first time we had an accidental same-team run-in, I think I tried to knife you. Then the next game I unloaded a clip on a teammate because his green indicator wasn't showing up as I came up behind him. Only when I looked at the radar did I realize my mistake. Well, the radar and a bewildered voice coming through my headset asking, "Jawbone, what the **** are you doing?"
Teammate names sometimes disappear at bizarre times. Other times they won't display because they're behind some obscure cover (like grating).

boy8cookie
Mac Elite
Dec 30, 2009, 03:52 PM

Oh, I called in my 25th AC-130 last night, so now I'm using the nuke as my third kill-streak reward. I have yet to call one in, but I was so close last night with that first game. I died at 21 kills... so mad.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Dec 30, 2009, 03:54 PM

Yeah, I've been giving that some thought. Not sure if I'll ever try to do a nuke. Lookin' forward to tryin' the EMP soon (1 more chopper gunner to call in).

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Dec 30, 2009, 04:24 PM

I didn't think you embarrassed yourself. Seemed like quite a few games you and stogie were on par.
And then several games where I was most certainly not. I'm intensely self-critical anyways; this game isn't good for people like me.

Nothing personal, but if the game is gonna give us mega-clans, I can't carry games, particularly when I'm gagging on the cock as well.
Bah...I'm not taking any of that personal. I know I've got a little more time to go before I stop being a slight bit of a burden.

Also, the team we played against when I first joined up...unbelievably annoying. Second-worst that I can remember hearing online, any system, any game.

It was sound strategy. Someone lit me up from down below. I can either peek my head out and hope I see them before they see me (damned unlikely), or I can chuck a grenade in their vicinity and hope they're too flat-footed to get away.
Wee bit sensitive about your MW2 skills, aren't you?

Teammate names sometimes disappear at bizarre times. Other times they won't display because they're behind some obscure cover (like grating).
Still made me laugh at myself. I was hoping no one saw until whoever it was piped up.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Dec 30, 2009, 04:33 PM

And then several games where I was most certainly not. I'm intensely self-critical anyways; this game isn't good for people like me.
Its a minor miracle I didn't have a meltdown the way last night was going.

Also, the team we played against when I first joined up...unbelievably annoying. Second-worst that I can remember hearing online, any system, any game.
I didn't notice. I usually don't plug my mic in unless I know I'm going to be playing with friends for a while.

Wee bit sensitive about your MW2 skills, aren't you?
Sorry, I thought the nüb didn't actually know what was going on.

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Dec 30, 2009, 04:49 PM

I didn't notice. I usually don't plug my mic in unless I know I'm going to be playing with friends for a while.
I almost always have my mic on, but rarely say anything besides pointing out where someone is camping or anything else that might help. My biggest pet peeve in online gaming is when someone spends half the match saying stuff like...

"I was nowhere near that grenade!"
"I think he's glitching! He's killed me like six times..."
"Lucky noob!"

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Dec 30, 2009, 04:52 PM

My biggest pet peeve is when they talk about their day at school.

I have been amused by the amount of people who are furious that there is camping going on and feel the need to tell the team about it.

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Dec 30, 2009, 04:58 PM

Most nights I can laugh at it. On nights that I can't, I just unplug the headset.

Stogieman  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 30, 2009, 06:09 PM

That bewildered voice was me. LOL! I believe that happened on the Skid Row map. I was using Cold Blooded Pro, that's why the green indicator wasn't showing up.

Slick shoes?! Are you crazy?!

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Dec 30, 2009, 06:24 PM

That bewildered voice was me. LOL! I believe that happened on the Skid Row map. I was using Cold Blooded Pro, that's why the green indicator wasn't showing up.

I'm just grateful that it doesn't allow for friendly fire.

Your green name indicator doesn't show up for your own teammates with Cold Blooded activated?

Leonard
Professional Poster
Dec 31, 2009, 12:04 AM

I've done that a few times. I've unloaded a whole RPD or HBAR clip on someone only to find out it's a team-mate. damn. whole well, it's better to be careful. Except when you run out of ammo.

I get a kick sometimes when a enemy (or two) runs right by me and I end up shooting them in the back as they go by.
MacBook Pro

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Dec 31, 2009, 01:42 AM

I've done that a few times. I've unloaded a whole RPD or HBAR clip on someone only to find out it's a team-mate. damn. whole well, it's better to be careful. Except when you run out of ammo.

I get a kick sometimes when a enemy (or two) runs right by me and I end up shooting them in the back as they go by.
...and then another guy who was running slightly behind them shoots you in the back?
Happened to me last night. The glee was short-lived.

But yeah, those little mistakes never stop being amusing/embarrassing.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Dec 31, 2009, 11:10 AM

I've done that a few times. I've unloaded a whole RPD
You've unloaded 100 bullets into a person before you realized they were a friendly?

Your stories of late worry me.

---

stogie, I think this happened while playing with you this weekend; On Underpass, I saw one of the greatest fails of all time: Some guy decided to launch a Javelin via what I assume was location lock -- only he was right under the sniper tower. So yeah this *fwoosh* as it launches and half a second later it collides with the grating and explodes, killing the guy. ****ing fantastic.

---

Well, my buddies were all on last night, so I had another what looked to be cringe-worthy group experience. We get set-up in a lobby against a bunch of Aussies who were getting 1 and two bars... and we proceed to lose those games. The inevitable trash-talking begins (they were 13 year-olds, for maximum effect). Then we turned the tables and I decided it only appropriate to escalate the situation. Really, it was quite fantastic. I ended up dropping a 37-5 at one point, which was my best game ever. Eventually they all cleared out and we got a new group of people. Skidrow comes up and then I drop a 38-2. Just wrecked the team, picking them off in the forklift room via the whole in the floor upstairs. Tons of double kills, maybe a trip or two. Just hung it on them. A nice change from the night before.

---

• Nothing exacerbates Commando worse than lag. Even if you're closer to host. I had a moment last night where some guy is like 15 feet from me, I'm laying into him, he makes it to 10 feet and I drop him, and the corpse suddenly teleports to two feet in front of me.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Dec 31, 2009, 11:15 AM

Oh yaah, I also had a game on Karachi where a team just kept force-feeding us kills because they were trying to come up on the roof of the one building. We had a guy dedicated to guarding the stairs, and he did not go hungry. Those are the best games.

Edit: I also think I killed someone with a noob tube via direct impact that bounced off the ground.

Leonard
Professional Poster
Jan 1, 2010, 01:28 AM

You've unloaded 100 bullets into a person before you realized they were a friendly?

Your stories of late worry me.
Well, it doesn't happen often. And like Jawbone says, sometimes you can't see that nametag. Of course it makes you wonder when you have FMJ on and 30 shots doesn't kill him.

Then there are other times when I hear footsteps and I could swear I see a green triangle just over mine, so I think ok, it's a friendly following me or walking around me, only to be stabbed in the back by an enemy that's been on my tail for a couple of seconds.
MacBook Pro

Leonard
Professional Poster
Jan 2, 2010, 12:03 AM

Dakar, have you finished the challenge for the perks Marathon Pro and Lightweight Pro? What is the last level of the challenge?

Level IV of Marathon Pro seems to be run 26 miles and level IV of Lightweight Pro seems to be sprint 30 miles. Is there 6 levels of each? Am I going to have to run 100 miles and sprint 100 miles to finish these? I'll be running around maps all day!
MacBook Pro

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 2, 2010, 07:17 AM

If you setup a 'crazy commando' type class, with marathon and lightweight, you'll get through the running and sprinting challenges quickly. After experimenting heavily with this type of class, I reckon that a silenced P90 is the best weapon for it, a Striker as backup (the AA-12 gets through ammo too quickly).

The good thing about this class, especially in the lower levels, is that you can get in and out of trouble quickly - especially the aircraft. Of course, you don't have a P90 or Striker until later on, so the MP5K or UMP45 with a PP2000 as backup is still very effective.

If you're concerned about k/d ratio (I'm not) then its not for you.

Leonard
Professional Poster
Jan 2, 2010, 11:26 PM

That was a good idea, but for another problem. I created a class with Marathon and Lightweight, and got to use it today when I ran into a team of runners, running around stabbing people. I can do that to and got a few paybacks, actually, even without the running class I got a bit of payback with an M16 and Stopping Power.
MacBook Pro

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 3, 2010, 06:22 AM

No matter how good you are, doing well in TDM is about teamwork. What is also required (unfortunately) is quite a bit of camping - so the spawns don't switch. The Dakar Gang showed that they can carry a match with 3. With 5 or 6 in the same party, good comms and the odd man (or men) not too stupid and getting themselves killed too much, we went 20 games without loss and a few times the other team didn't get over 2000.

Oh, nice to see lots more cannon fodder in the lobbies.

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Jan 3, 2010, 11:48 AM

Went off for my best game yet, finishing 30-1-8. Two or three games later I joined up with Dakar and got slaughtered several in a row before finally getting frustrated enough and bowing out. I guess matchmaking is placing me against much better teams when I join up with the higher-level guys (?).

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 3, 2010, 06:44 PM

XBL Matchmaking - the blackest of the black arts.

Why Da Fook does it choose a host based in the US when the majority - yes we asked, were in Europe.

Leonard
Professional Poster
Jan 4, 2010, 12:04 AM

Went off for my best game yet, finishing 30-1-8. Two or three games later I joined up with Dakar and got slaughtered several in a row before finally getting frustrated enough and bowing out. I guess matchmaking is placing me against much better teams when I join up with the higher-level guys (?).
Matchmaking pretty much matches anyone with anyone. Besides you can't tell much by rank. I've had prestige players that I've wiped the floor with, and lower level ranks that have wiped the floor with me. I did have several frustrating games today. I swear the pros were on today.
MacBook Pro

mattyb
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 4, 2010, 04:52 AM

I've been playing MW2 for more than 6 days now. IIRC, I spent 12 playing CoD4. Couple of people on my friends list (including Dakar) have over 7 days.

Three months before new maps come out? It'll be long.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Jan 4, 2010, 11:40 AM

Dakar, have you finished the challenge for the perks Marathon Pro and Lightweight Pro?
No. Aside from not using them (I just put Marathon on my Sniper class lately), they have ridiculous goals.

Originally Posted by mattyb View Post
Three months before new maps come out? It'll be long.
MW2 is the first game that made me understand those idiots who want new maps like, weeks after a game comes out.

---

Holiday notes:

• Yet another "best game": 41-2 on Favela of all places. Cycled through my Predator Missile/Harrier/Pave Low twice. Obviously no one ever shot any of them down.

• Was playing with gamertag Kevin Bogues when gamertag Alex Bogues joined our lobby. Feeling left out, I made my clan [Bges]

• I've switched to sniping on Quarry, because really, I just don't give a shit anymore.

• You may consider me an ACR convert, officially

• Jawbone values his Family & Friends more than us. Weirdo.

• Accidentally did the It's Personal challenge; Was laying into a guy with a suppressed ACR when he went prone near cover. Rather than waste silenced ammo on trying to get penetration kills, I instinctively threw my grenade -- only I had a throwing knife equipped. It connected.

• Most embarrassing death yet: It's not clear how he got in the room, but on Skidrow, while in the room overlooking the playground with at least one other team mate, an enemy took the time to lite a tactical insertion while staring at us humping a doorknob, then stabbed me.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Jan 4, 2010, 01:27 PM

• You may consider me an ACR convert, officially
The ACR is bad-ass, what I remember of it, from way back when I used to play this game.

The Final Dakar
Games Meister
Jan 4, 2010, 01:28 PM

I can't blame you for taking a break.

Related: A&E camera crews are setting up at my house for an episode of Intervention.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Jan 4, 2010, 01:39 PM

I've simply switched my addiction into secrecy, and it's no going to get better with yet another STALKER game waiting on my hard drive.

klb5090
Mac Elite
Jan 4, 2010, 02:21 PM

• Was playing with gamertag Kevin Bogues when gamertag Alex Bogues joined our lobby. Feeling left out, I made my clan [Bges]
That was hilarious, my brother joined our game without me knowing, i look up to see Kevin Bogues, Alex Bogues, and [Bges] Dakar Zero, awesome sauce.

My holiday notes include attempting to prestige but only got to 67. Played a lot of demolition trying to get some easy challenges, its not as bad as i thought.

Forum Links
Forum Rules