Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > Show To/CC Label ?

Show To/CC Label ?
badtz
Mac Elite
Jul 2, 2007, 08:47 PM

What exactly does this setting do in the mail settings on the iPhone? The only thing I notice is that some emails have a darkened "to" label on them now .... but I don't see what the importance of this is?

Maybe I'm missing something dead simple ..... ???

Neo.cmg
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 2, 2007, 10:56 PM

I don't have an iPhone, but there is a similar option in Mac OS X's Mail.app under the View menu I believe. All it basically does is show an extra line for the cc/Bcc to show the cc/Bcc field in addition to the recipient field. Thus, it allows you to enter cc/Bcc addresses in composing messages and see who other cc recipients were for messages you receive.

I'm not sure if this functions similarly on the iPhone, but it would be my guess that it does.

badtz  (op)
Mac Elite
Jul 2, 2007, 11:25 PM

It's not for this purpose on the iPhone ........ turning this on enables this little icon to appear on certain emails, but not others. not exactly sure why it's needed... i'm hoping someone can clarify what's the proper way to use this feature ......

::maroma::
Addicted to MacNN
Jul 3, 2007, 12:35 AM

Can you tap the icon? I would assume that its telling you that there are cc'd recipients in that email. Just guessin.

SoBayJake
Forum Regular
Jul 4, 2007, 10:54 AM

When viewing emails, it only shows who sent the email to save room. When viewing any email, there is a "Details" link/button on the upper right you can press to see the To/CC fields. If you are already viewing the To/CC fields, the link/button switches to "Hide."
Too many Apple/Mac products to even bother listing!

drp
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 4, 2007, 12:14 PM

It took a little while to figure out what this features does... but it turns out it's pretty simple.

It's an indicator to quickly see where your address appears in the email.

If the message is addressed directly to you, the label will say "to". If you were only CC'd on the message. (e.g. the message is likely of less importance to you) then the label will say "cc".

It's just a quick way to weed out how important each message might be to you.

I'm assuming that if you've been BCC'd on the message, no label appears at all.

badtz  (op)
Mac Elite
Jul 6, 2007, 07:39 PM

drp: thanks for clearing that up! I just turned it off because I had no idea what it was doing

Speaking of BCC .... can you BCC people to an email????? I don't think I see where that is ...

Forum Links
Forum Rules