Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > News > Mac News > Microsoft offers $300 to trade in Mac for Windows 10 PC

Microsoft offers $300 to trade in Mac for Windows 10 PC
NewsPoster
MacNN Staff
Oct 16, 2015, 09:51 AM

Microsoft is attempting to coax customers to switch over to Windows 10, as part of a Trade Up promotion, with Mac users being offered the bigger rewards. The scheme's site claims customers buying a Windows 10 from a Microsoft Store in the United States between October 14 and October 20 will be able to trade in a notebook for up to $200, while Macs being traded in will provide a rebate of up to $300.

The offer stands for "qualified purchases" from Microsoft Stores worth $599 or more, though according to VentureBeat, there is a notable item missing from the list. While 53 different PC models can be bought and match the criteria of the trade-in promotion, it appears the offer will not apply to purchases of the Surface, Microsoft's own combined tablet and notebook. As for trade-ins, Microsoft specifies it needs to be an all-in-one, a notebook, or a two-in-one notebook for PCs, or a MacBook or iMac on the Apple side, with the system needing to be a functional unit and a maximum of six years old.

Microsoft has offered similar trade-in programs via its Microsoft Store in the past, also with a focus on Mac users. Last year, it offered up to $650 in store credit to MacBook Air owners trading in their notebooks for the Surface Pro 3.

Mr. Strat
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 16, 2015, 10:24 AM

Oh yeah...I'm heading right on down. Where are these Microsoft stores anyway? I remember...they're the computer stores with no customers inside that are close to the busy Apple stores.

ElectroTech
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 16, 2015, 10:26 AM

Even Microsoft admits that Macs are more valuable than Windows PCs.

climacs
Senior User
Oct 16, 2015, 10:27 AM

does it run OS X? No? No sale. My Mac can run Winblows if I have the need...

climacs
Senior User
Oct 16, 2015, 12:04 PM

Apple doesn't have to bribe people to try Macs or iPhone.

Paul Huang
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 16, 2015, 12:12 PM

Any Mac portable under six years old can easily fetch $300 or more, so why bother?

jpellino
Forum Regular
Oct 16, 2015, 12:15 PM

Microsoft. We have to pay you to start using our stuff.
Just sayin'

quebit
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 16, 2015, 06:41 PM

A few days ago, I helped a friend re-install (what else is new) Windows 8.1 on his PC .... it was a nice warning ... NEVER TOUCH WINDOWS WITH A 10 FOOT POLE ..... Even if they paid me $1000, I wouldn't buy one !!!

Forum Links
Forum Rules