Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Participate In A Story

Participate In A Story
j45degrees
Forum Regular
Apr 19, 2003, 08:15 AM

Something that we use to do at our home around the table is make up a story on the fly. Each person would contribute one line of the story in succession. On a good night the story could go on for a long time and was often very funny and clever.

The rule here is once the story starts there are no comments, just add your line to the story. Keep it from drawing to a conclusion so the next person can add to it.

The first line of the story is:

"It was a dark and stormy night..."

Face Ache
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 19, 2003, 09:03 AM

... but Frederick the brain damaged hedgehog decided to go for his usual walk anyway. It was more of a stagger actually. On the way out the door he picked up his...

mrfrost
Mac Elite
Apr 19, 2003, 09:12 AM

.....swiss hunting knife and carved the words "Final stroll" into the wooden floor. After opening the door he was suddenly overwhelmed with a feeling of...

Paco500
Professional Poster
Apr 19, 2003, 09:16 AM

self satisfaction. He was a big man (hedgehog) and important man (hedgehog), a man (hedgehog) going places. In fact, as of now, he was...

thePurpleGiant
Mac Elite
Apr 19, 2003, 09:20 AM

...zipping up his yellow trousers so that the female hedgehogs wouldn't laugh at him. As he started walking while putting his belt on, he...

Face Ache
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 19, 2003, 09:25 AM

... was expecting a big night. Crossing the road however, he was suddenly and completely unexpectedly squished by a Ford pickup truck being driven by a rather drunk...

mrfrost
Mac Elite
Apr 19, 2003, 09:26 AM

Originally posted by Face Ache:
... was expecting a big night. Crossing the road however, he was suddenly and completely unexpectedly squished by a Ford pickup truck being driven by a rather drunk...
....bloke named Jim. Jim wasn't a stranger to the court as he was arrested last year for....

jckalen
Senior User
Apr 19, 2003, 09:29 AM

...pulling the tags off of mattresses. However, he was not unprepared because...
It looks just like a telefunken' U-47 - Zappa

thePurpleGiant
Mac Elite
Apr 19, 2003, 09:31 AM

...Super-glueing his wife's hands to the kitchen sink, but he only did this because she...

Cipher13
Apr 19, 2003, 11:48 AM

Wouldn't take the time to cook him a damn meal - so, he made his way to the local...

Nonsuch
Professional Poster
Apr 19, 2003, 03:09 PM

... french bistro, where Tommy had promised to meet him with the bundle of sticks; perhaps he'd get a meal out of it too. Tommy hadn't arrived yet, however, so Jim ...
Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them.

-- Frederick Douglass, 1857

wataru
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 19, 2003, 03:59 PM

...pulled out a cigarette and lighter. The flame was just meeting the tip of the cigarette when a sudden gust of wind startled Jim. He dropped the lighter, igniting...

t_hah
Mac Elite
Apr 19, 2003, 04:22 PM

...the the oil spill under the Harley that was parked not too far him. The Harley caught on fire, burning like bushes in the Bible. Someone was getting really angry near by...

Gene Jockey
Mac Elite
Apr 19, 2003, 04:33 PM

...because of all the ruckus with the fiery motorbike. It had begun to speak to Jim in echoey biblical tones, which rather non-plussed both Jim and the now less angry and more concerned with rapidly making his way from the scene onlooker, and the flames spoke forth...

The Placid Casual
Professional Poster
Apr 19, 2003, 04:41 PM

"You! YES YOU!...HedgeHog Killer!"

The voice reverbarated around the scene, sending 4 small Llamas running for cover...

(One later sadly died in a totally unrelated accident involving a performing clown.)

Gamoe
Mac Elite
Apr 19, 2003, 05:19 PM

...who were suddenly endowed with magical abilities, sprouted wings and began to fly south toward Sonic's house...

ShortcutToMoncton
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 19, 2003, 07:32 PM

Mankind's only chance is to harness the power of stupid.

Gamoe
Mac Elite
Apr 19, 2003, 09:44 PM

Hey, no comments! Why am I being picked on? I think magical flying Llamas are funny... Anyway I've decided to add the next line as well. Here it is:

...to tell of the news, but they took a shortcut to Moncton first, the magical land of broken wrists...

Gene Jockey
Mac Elite
Apr 19, 2003, 10:48 PM

...but enough about the llamas. Jim stared dumbly at the burning Harley, trying to wrap his admittedly dim brain around the situation, as he was not used to being accused of killing hedgehogs by burning pieces of transportation. It was during this uncertain moment that Tommy rounded the corner...

bradoesch
Professional Poster
Apr 20, 2003, 02:40 AM

...and...

Gamoe
Mac Elite
Apr 20, 2003, 02:57 AM

...commented to Jim that he had just seen flying llamas overhead. Then Jim told Tommy all about the hedgehog...

MindFad
Posting Junkie
Apr 20, 2003, 03:16 AM

...but Tommy wasn't interested in hedgehogs. He seemed much more keen on hearing about the flying llamas! "Why, the last time I saw a flying llama..."

Face Ache
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 20, 2003, 03:29 AM

"... it landed on my face. So I don't take any chances when there's flying llamas around". Tommy reached deep into his trousers and whipped out his...

ShortcutToMoncton
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 20, 2003, 03:52 AM

LMAO! It seemed appropriate. Again.

greg
Mankind's only chance is to harness the power of stupid.

Face Ache
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 20, 2003, 04:10 AM

... llama repellant spray - "Llama-Gone" - which he always carried in his pocket. "What did you think I was reaching for?" Tommy asked. "Are you some sort of...

Gene Jockey
Mac Elite
Apr 20, 2003, 11:51 AM

...sex-crazed lunatic type that's always posting on those internet message boards?" Jim began studying the tip of his shoe rather intently at that point, so Tommy let it slide. "You know we need to be at Albert's shortly. Have you got the...

j45degrees  (op)
Forum Regular
Apr 20, 2003, 01:21 PM

...money for a taxi, because I don't want to have to walk all the way there...

t_hah
Mac Elite
Apr 20, 2003, 03:39 PM

...you remember that Albert lives quite far, right? (about half a block from where they were standing, slackers!) Wow...but screw Jim,Tommy and Albert! Who the heck is that hottie wearing...

The Placid Casual
Professional Poster
Apr 20, 2003, 04:58 PM

A gleaming suit of armour and riding a white charger? (Complete with broadsword, lance and shield displaying a picture of a small hedgehog)

Gamoe
Mac Elite
Apr 20, 2003, 10:06 PM

...It was Frederick's brother, coming to take vengeance for his brother's...

Gene Jockey
Mac Elite
Apr 21, 2003, 11:31 AM

...sad death on the road at the hands of this Jim fellow. However, his vengeance was not to be as he was unexpectedly crushed under the wheels of a Fiat driven by none other than Albert, who had seen his comrades and stopped to pick them up. "Come on lads!" he yelled. "We've got to get a move on...

DesignerTerp
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 21, 2003, 11:56 AM

...the midgets will be arriving shortly" he shouted, "We still have to get the rubberbands and...

iXavier
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 21, 2003, 01:20 PM

...sushi to ward off the midgets, who were hungry with lust for three strapping young men." The seafood market was closed, however, so the guys, taking matters into their own hands doned fishing poles and...

bradoesch
Professional Poster
Apr 21, 2003, 01:32 PM

...went fishing. After hours of sitting in a boat and not catching anything, they decided a better way to get fish was to...

Gene Jockey
Mac Elite
Apr 21, 2003, 02:36 PM

...throw dynamite in the water, Navy SEAL style. Having obtained the necessary implements to ward off the midgets, the three returned to the shore, only to find that they had been fishing so long that the midgets had come and gone. "What'll we do with this stuff now?" asked Jim...

boots
Professional Poster
Apr 21, 2003, 03:23 PM

Originally posted by Gene Jockey:
...throw dynamite in the water, Navy SEAL style. Having obtained the necessary implements to ward off the midgets, the three returned to the shore, only to find that they had been fishing so long that the midgets had come and gone. "What'll we do with this stuff now?" asked Jim...
Jim looked up at the sky as dusk was beginning to fall.

"It getting pretty late, Jim." said Albert. "The banshees will be out soon. We'd better leave."

So they headed back up the path from the lake when a pooka stop them, saying....

If Heaven has a dress code, I'm walkin to Hell in my Tony Lamas.

bradoesch
Professional Poster
Apr 21, 2003, 03:27 PM

..."I sure wish they'd remove that debug code from OS X. I heard 10.2.6 is gonna be Snappy"...

Gene Jockey
Mac Elite
Apr 21, 2003, 03:57 PM

"Snappy like these rubber bands!" shouted Tommy, who proceeded to let loose with a barrage of fire on the surprised pooka. The pooka turned to flee, but was stopped by the sudden appearance of...

Gamoe
Mac Elite
Apr 21, 2003, 09:41 PM

...Sonic the hedgehog, who came riding down on a flying llama. This hedgehog would NOT be crushed like his mere relatives. "If you think Panther's gonna be snappy, you're just not ready for me!" said the angry, determined Hedgehog...

Steve
Moderator Emeritus
Apr 21, 2003, 09:46 PM

... who rolled up into a nice, neat ball at the site of Trogdor, the Burninator. Trogdor ran towards Sonic and yelled...

You remind me my wife… why you laugh? She dead. | sasper at gmail dot com

t_hah
Mac Elite
Apr 21, 2003, 10:10 PM

...'Alice! Alice! Who the F*CK is Alice!?' and...
( Last edited by t_hah; Apr 21, 2003 at 11:28 PM. )

stupidFish23
Forum Regular
Apr 22, 2003, 12:05 AM

then suddenly a trans-dimensional rift opened and sucked both sonic and Trogdor the burninator to a parallel universe. 'Now what the f*ck was that?' asked...
nothing is when everything is alright
[email protected] ICQ: 153647416

CharlesS
Posting Junkie
Apr 22, 2003, 01:44 AM

...Albert, as he stared at the giant llama dropping that had landed on the windshield of his car...

Ticking sound coming from a .pkg package? Don't let the .bom go off! Inspect it first with Pacifist. Macworld - five mice!

DeathMan
Mac Elite
Apr 22, 2003, 02:57 AM

but suddenly, upon closer inspection, he realized it wasn't a llama dropping at all, but rather a...

stupidFish23
Forum Regular
Apr 22, 2003, 03:51 AM

a big slimey kahookey from...
nothing is when everything is alright
[email protected] ICQ: 153647416

CharlesS
Posting Junkie
Apr 22, 2003, 04:00 AM

the Windows Blue Screen of Death.

Ticking sound coming from a .pkg package? Don't let the .bom go off! Inspect it first with Pacifist. Macworld - five mice!

Face Ache
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 22, 2003, 04:43 AM

"Damn Bill Gates for his rugged good looks!" cried Jarvis, who wasn't in this story, but whose voice had carried from the story next door. "Why does...

Gamoe
Mac Elite
Apr 22, 2003, 06:45 AM

...this kind of thing always happen to me? I must be tripping!" cried Jim. "Take it easy now, Jim. It must be the hunger." replied Tommy. Tommy apologized to the Mac savvy pooka and Jim, Tommy, Albert and the pooka had some left over fish Albert had managed to save in his shorts.

Just as they finished up the last of the meal, Sonic the hedgehog leapt out from within a newly opened trans-dimensional rift. "Ha, locked that burninator in the parallel universe for good! Now you'll have to deal with me!", said the hedgehog...

boots
Professional Poster
Apr 22, 2003, 08:29 AM

Suddenly, a pain wracked moan driften through the woods.

"Oh, Sh�t!" exclaimed the now trembling pooka. "Time to go. Myrtle dosn't like people standing around talking about Macs. She's a Windows banshee."

A scream ripped through the darkness, and the pooka ran as though Trogdor was burninating his �ss.

"Well," said Albert. "I guess we ought to....

If Heaven has a dress code, I'm walkin to Hell in my Tony Lamas.

wolfen
Mac Elite
Apr 22, 2003, 12:40 PM

...rub our hind parts together to make a fire of these antitrust laws. (For everyone knows the intoxicating power that smoking lawbooks have on windows banshees)"

They sat mesmerized as the Banshee hovered over the fire spinning and twirling. It reminded Albert of the time...
Do you want forgiveness or respect?

Forum Links
Forum Rules