Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Developer Center > December Developer Tools?

December Developer Tools?
Thinine
Mac Elite
Dec 19, 2002, 05:51 PM

I've been seeing this update in the Mac OS X section of the downloads at my member page on and off since early this morning. The links just get errors from the FTP about the directory or file not existing. Any idea about when this will actually be released?

Thinine  (op)
Mac Elite
Dec 19, 2002, 08:03 PM

The December tools are now available, along with Java 1.4.1 DP8. And we got 10.2.3 today. Sweet!

Gul Banana
Mac Elite
Dec 19, 2002, 08:54 PM

Methinks it is time for a download frenzy.
[vash:~] banana% killall killall
Terminated

Wevah
Senior User
Dec 19, 2002, 10:22 PM

The only word that comes to mind:

w00t!
[Wevah setPostCount:[Wevah postCount] + 1];

Wevah
Senior User
Dec 20, 2002, 05:48 AM

Hmm. Anyone else lose the use of "Check Syntax of Current File" with the new ProjectBuilder?

DayLateDon
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 22, 2002, 01:58 AM

Hello ...

I tried downloading the complete (300+ MB) file, only to get hung up on the very last megabyte. I've since downloaded the 30 individual segments, but Disk Copy only complains about "no mountable file systems" when I try to merge and/or mount them. (This is under 10.2.3.)

What am I missing?

Thanks,

DayLateDon

Wevah
Senior User
Dec 22, 2002, 01:29 PM

I hate to bump the thread like this...but could someone give me a yes or no on my question 2 posts up? It's driving me mad.

Gul Banana
Mac Elite
Dec 23, 2002, 03:46 AM

Check Syntax of Current File is grayed out for me, too.
Terminated

Wevah
Senior User
Dec 23, 2002, 07:48 AM

Thanks for replying...Maybe I'm just really obsessive, but I had to make sure it wasn't just me. I appreciate it.

:]

Edit: Just so you know, I've already submitted this and another bug to Apple. It really bothers me. ;p

asmodeus
Forum Regular
Dec 23, 2002, 07:51 AM

Originally posted by DayLateDon:
Hello ...

I tried downloading the complete (300+ MB) file, only to get hung up on the very last megabyte. I've since downloaded the 30 individual segments, but Disk Copy only complains about "no mountable file systems" when I try to merge and/or mount them. (This is under 10.2.3.)

What am I missing?

Thanks,

DayLateDon
I'm not sure if this will help, just my experience downloading the segments - I put them all in the same folder, left them as .dmgpart.bin, opened the Dec2002DevTools.dmg.bin file (which opened in StuffIt Expander) which then automatically mounted. No merging or anything else was required on the other files.
( Last edited by asmodeus; Dec 23, 2002 at 07:58 AM. )

MadBrowser
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 26, 2002, 08:33 PM

The new PB crashes on my constantly when indexing my Java files. Filed a bug but this is freaking annoying.

Nebagakid
Mac Elite
Dec 26, 2002, 09:08 PM

The Developer Tools are avaliable for Free from a Genius Bar location at an Apple Store, for those of you who are fortuante to be near one)

Gul Banana
Mac Elite
Dec 26, 2002, 09:20 PM

I don't mind the check syntax thing since I never use that, but I have found a rather annoying bug in the new PB - sometimes, when closing a pair of brackets or braces, all text in the file from that point on will be instantly deleted. Thank God for multiple undos, but this is still a serious bug.
Terminated

Wevah
Senior User
Dec 27, 2002, 07:05 AM

Ouch...thankfully, that hasn't happened to me, yet.

*crosses fingers*

Angus_D
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 27, 2002, 10:31 AM

Originally posted by Gul Banana:
I don't mind the check syntax thing since I never use that, but I have found a rather annoying bug in the new PB - sometimes, when closing a pair of brackets or braces, all text in the file from that point on will be instantly deleted. Thank God for multiple undos, but this is still a serious bug.
Are you sure it wasn't just misdrawing it? I find the PBX text editor classes to be a bit buggy occasionally, just wiggle the scrollbars a bit or switch to a different file and back. Still annoying, though.

Gul Banana
Mac Elite
Dec 27, 2002, 12:24 PM

I tried selecting down and scrollbar wiggle, but not file switching. If it happens again, I will.
Terminated

me17213
Dec 27, 2002, 02:55 PM

I think PB has been seriously screwed with this update.

I get a compiing error every time I try to build this. IT's REDICULOUS!!!

Create a New Project of type Cocoa Application with the name "hello world" without the quotes of course.

now, build and run it.

here is my build log:

Building target �hello world� with build style �Development� (optimization:level �0�, debug-symbols: on) � (2 errors)
Missing file or directory: hello
Missing file or directory: world_Prefix.h

What strikes me most as odd is that the source file is created with the name "hello world_Prefix.h"

this has never been like this before.

Mac Boy
Dec 31, 2002, 07:02 PM

Originally posted by me17213:
I get a compiing error every time I try to build this. IT's REDICULOUS!!!
The trick is not to use a name with a space in it. If you want to, just change the name of the prefix file to hello_world_prefix.h and set this name in the Target settings. It thinks you want two prefix header files separated by a space.

- Ross

Gametes
Mac Elite
Dec 31, 2002, 10:54 PM

Given that 10.2.3 for me resulted in only slowdowns and buggy behavior, I'm feeling pretty wary about trusting this update too. You're testimonies certianly don't help.
you are not your signature

Jens Peter
Senior User
Jan 9, 2003, 06:51 AM

Originally posted by Mac Boy
The trick is not to use a name with a space in it. If you want to, just change the name of the prefix file to hello_world_prefix.h and set this name in the Target settings. It thinks you want two prefix header files separated by a space
You got to love these forums !
I have been sitting here all morning trying to figure out why i get a build-error, saying that 'Image Viewer_Prefix.h' was missing... And now it compiles!

THANK YOU!

Jens Peter

Forum Links
Forum Rules