Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Developer Center > Xcode and xlf?

Xcode and xlf?
Thinine
Mac Elite
Feb 15, 2004, 01:07 AM

Is it possible to use Xcode to write and compile Fortran code using IBM's xlf? I know it won't have any of the advanced features (predictive compile, code completion, etc.) but it would be nice to use xlf this way. Also, it would make the Mac more attractive to the lab I work for.

Edit: I suppose I should ask the same about xlc.
( Last edited by Thinine; Feb 15, 2004 at 01:12 AM. )

Catfish_Man
Mac Elite
Feb 15, 2004, 01:18 AM

Yes, or at least the IBM docs say so. Also, I think code completion doesn't use the compiler, so it should still work. Not sure about predictive compilation.

Thinine  (op)
Mac Elite
Feb 15, 2004, 02:10 AM

Well, then does anyone have any experience with using Xcode with the IBM compliers?

roktengr
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 22, 2004, 11:03 PM

Originally posted by Thinine:
Well, then does anyone have any experience with using Xcode with the IBM compliers?
I am using it now. The integration is much better than the beta version. However, it does not use the IDE GDB debugger (at least I can't figure it out yet). Also, it does not work with the latest Panther build. I am new to Xcode and using it now for a large UNIX program porting project. I am using Xcode 1.0 now and am not sure if it will work with 1.1. If anyone knows that, I would like to know! I have learned a few tricks with it so if anyone else is using it, let me know.

Forum Links
Forum Rules