Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > rsyncx, ssh, and me

rsyncx, ssh, and me
Thinine
Mac Elite
Sep 28, 2004, 07:43 PM

I want to start doing automated backups of my stuff to my server. I think ryncx would be the best way to do thing, but I can't seem to find any tutorials that are on point. I need to know a few things (or find a tutorial that tells me how):

1. Installation and configuration instructions for rsyncx over ssh on OS X Server for just one user.
2. Generation of a cron script to back up my user folder, minus certain directories (Caches, mostly).

I can find tutorials for parts of what I want, but not all of it and not in the way I want. Any help would be good.

Preciousss
Forum Regular
Oct 3, 2004, 01:30 PM

Not sure if there are detailed walkthroughs here since i didn't read through everything. But perhaps they'll help to fill in some of the gaps you have in your information. Just do a search for "rsyncx" and quite a few results are returned: macdevcenter.com. :-)

Originally posted by Thinine:
I want to start doing automated backups of my stuff to my server. I think ryncx would be the best way to do thing, but I can't seem to find any tutorials that are on point. I need to know a few things (or find a tutorial that tells me how):

1. Installation and configuration instructions for rsyncx over ssh on OS X Server for just one user.
2. Generation of a cron script to back up my user folder, minus certain directories (Caches, mostly).

I can find tutorials for parts of what I want, but not all of it and not in the way I want. Any help would be good.

Forum Links
Forum Rules