Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Where are mail's preferences kept?

Where are mail's preferences kept?
Freeflyer
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 14, 2006, 04:54 AM

Just received my new mbp and transferring everything over. Migration assistant wasn't much help as I wanted to use a different account name on the new machine so it transferred everything into a sepaerate account on the new machine which wasn't too helpful. I've manually transferred everything and most things are working fine, but I'm having a problem with mail.

I've copied the mail folder from the library on the old machine to the library on the new one, but every time I open mail, it asks me to set up accounts etc, so it's not seeing any of my old data. Have I missed a plist or something that goes elsewhere and will show mail where all my old data is?

Thanks, this is the last thing I need to do to get everything up and running on the new machine,

J.
By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out - Richard Dawkins

Freeflyer  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 14, 2006, 05:15 AM

Never mind, fixed it by using the import function. Cheers.
By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out - Richard Dawkins

Forum Links
Forum Rules