Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Obama calls Palin a "pig," should stay at home with kids

Obama calls Palin a "pig," should stay at home with kids (Page 4)
Captain Obvious
Professional Poster
Sep 11, 2008, 08:13 PM

The only thing this is indicative of is to what a large degree Obama supporters are hypocritical little bitches.

No less than 3 times were innocuous comments made by the Clinton camp during the primary turned into feigned insult and claims of racism by the Obama side. And because of the nature of political correctness in this country and the bravado thrown behind the claims a lot of coverage and attention was given to those stories to the benefit of Barry.

But guess what?
It cuts both ways. Now that they are up against a woman who hasn't been demonized for the better part of two decades the sensitivity with which criticism can be lobbed at her is on more equal ground with that which opponents have had to walk on eggshells with because Obama is black. The trigger that perceived sexism hinges on is ALMOST as sensitive as the one of perceived racism in the US and the Obama camp doesn't know what to do with themselves now that they don't have that trump card to throw around anymore.

It sucks to have to adhere to a stupid PC double standard doesn't it?
Yet I don't recall this disdain from you people when the same tactic was practiced all year long by the Obama camp.

If Obama and his supporters would just stop crying about the whole thing it would pass much more quickly. They won't though. They will instead continue to line up behind the entitlement the Obamas feel they should have to play by a special set of rules and continue to whine.

Barack Obama: Four more years of the Carter Presidency

TheWOAT
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 11, 2008, 08:40 PM

Who were the bitches complaing about sexism in the media? Seems like the media is giving the McCain campaign alot of press, and Obama is reeling in the polls. This election reminds me of 2004, both sides trying to defend their wack candidates and coming off as whiners.

hyteckit
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 11, 2008, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by Captain Obvious View Post
The only thing this is indicative of is to what a large degree Obama supporters are hypocritical little bitches.

No less than 3 times were innocuous comments made by the Clinton camp during the primary turned into feigned insult and claims of racism by the Obama side. And because of the nature of political correctness in this country and the bravado thrown behind the claims a lot of coverage and attention was given to those stories to the benefit of Barry.

But guess what?
It cuts both ways. Now that they are up against a woman who hasn't been demonized for the better part of two decades the sensitivity with which criticism can be lobbed at her is on more equal ground with that which opponents have had to walk on eggshells with because Obama is black. The trigger that perceived sexism hinges on is ALMOST as sensitive as the one of perceived racism in the US and the Obama camp doesn't know what to do with themselves now that they don't have that trump card to throw around anymore.

Yet I don't recall this disdain from you people when the same tactic was practiced all year long by the Obama camp.

If Obama and his supporters would just stop crying about the whole thing it would pass much more quickly. They won't though. They will instead continue to line up behind the entitlement the Obamas feel they should have to play by a special set of rules and continue to whine.
What a whiner.

Stop projecting your whiny self.
Bush Tax Cuts == Job Killer
June 2001: 132,047,000 employed
June 2003: 129,839,000 employed
2.21 million jobs were LOST after 2 years of Bush Tax Cuts.

Captain Obvious
Professional Poster
Sep 11, 2008, 08:56 PM

This is what is funny. Obama supporters are arguing semantics about how this practice is being used against them after they wore their hands bloody using the tactic all year long.

Comments over a fairytale, RFK, and LBJ were all spun by Obama's camp were into cries of RACIST!!!!!!! And it worked. The claims stuck enough to hurt the opposition.

Now you are shocked the tables are being turned on you with gender?
It is not only comical that they are surprised its come to this but it makes you Obama supporters riling against this tactic the biggest morons in the room.

You people are pathetic. This is the game that's you signed up to play. If you don't like it you should have never signed on.

hyteckit
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 11, 2008, 09:00 PM

This is what is funny. Obama supporters are arguing semantics about how this practice is being used against them after they wore their hands bloody using the tactic all year long.

Comments of over a fairytale, RFK, and LBJ were all spun by Obama's camp were into cries of RACIST!!!!!!! And it worked. The claims stuck enough to hurt the opposition.

It is not only comical that they are surprised its come to this but it makes you Obama supporters riling against this tactic the biggest morons in the room.

You people are pathetic. This is the game that's you signed up to play. If you don't like it you should have never signed on.
Funny, cause I'm a Clinton supporter.

You're just projecting your whiny self.

ort888
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 11, 2008, 09:01 PM

Comments over a fairytale, RFK, and LBJ were all spun by Obama's camp were into cries of RACIST!!!!!!! And it worked. The claims stuck enough to hurt the opposition.

Did Obama come out with any advertisements about those? Did he publicly demand an apology hours after they happened?

My sig is 1 pixel too big.

smacintush
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 11, 2008, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by hyteckit View Post
What a whiner.

Stop projecting your whiny self.
Wow good thing you edited in that second sentence. It really brings a lot to your already insightful post.
Being in debt and celebrating a lower deficit is like being on a diet and celebrating the fact you gained two pounds this week instead of five.

hyteckit
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 11, 2008, 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by smacintush View Post
Wow good thing you edited in that second sentence. It really brings a lot to your already insightful post.
Hi smacintush, the guy who failed 1st grade math.

What are you talking about?

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Sep 11, 2008, 09:20 PM

Do you guys like tofu?

Captain Obvious
Professional Poster
Sep 11, 2008, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by ort888 View Post
Did Obama come out with any advertisements about those? Did he publicly demand an apology hours after they happened?
How about a 4 page memo and talking points handed to the press by Obama about the Clinton's using race in South Carolina count towards a concerted effort to play it up? Or sending out top mouthpieces like Kerry or Richardson to the Sunday Mornings to make more of the comments than was necessary.

You are stuck on semantics.

My point from the very start of the thread is that THIS is the reality of politics. It always has been. You can't throw a cheap shot and then when you are hit with one whine that things are too rough and unfair. Lick your wounds and move on. Obama is so blinded by his notion of entitlement that he can't imagine that he isn't impervious to the same attack they used in the primary.

Going around now and pretending like they've been above all this from the get-go is pathetic and ObamA supporters need to learn to get over it. There was never this utopian fair handed arena in politics that some people are wishing for and if there was you never resided there. Claims of racism have worked as a blunt instrument for Obama for a while now. Palin is going to be equally as effective brandishing gender to balance it out.

EDIT:
And he did lash out on Ferraro and his campaign demanded she be fired.
So yes, they were just as public and pointed about making the other side retract comparable comments.
( Last edited by Captain Obvious; Sep 11, 2008 at 10:04 PM. )

hyteckit
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 11, 2008, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by besson3c View Post
Do you guys like tofu?
I like bacon and pork. Roast duck and roast pig is good too.

Captain Obvious
Professional Poster
Sep 11, 2008, 09:28 PM

I hear watermellon and fried chicken are well loved

ort888
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 11, 2008, 09:51 PM

Moose burgers.

- - e r i k - -
Posting Junkie
Sep 12, 2008, 12:11 AM

Well this thread took a pleasant turn.

[ fb ] [ flickr ] [] [scl] [ last ] [ plaxo ]

spacefreak
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 12, 2008, 12:15 AM

I'm glad that Obama did Letterman. I was fearing that we were going to miss out on this week's "What I really meant was...".

iomatic
Mac Elite
Sep 12, 2008, 02:03 AM

But guess what?

Rather than address the hypocrisy of this thread, you resort to name calling?

And when the thread title is completely inaccurate?
Obama calls Palin a "pig," should stay at home with kids

How do you respond to the fact that both parties are just as guilty of using this maxim, and that while the intent was to show that Obama supposedly called Palin this, McCain was just as guilty of this behavior?

I'm not so certain the Obama supporters are the ones who have the double standard here.

CRASH HARDDRIVE
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 12, 2008, 02:24 AM

I detect overtones of potential racial coding in this thread...

smacintush
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 12, 2008, 02:29 AM

Originally Posted by CRASH HARDDRIVE View Post
I detect overtones of potential racial coding in this thread...
Hey, your only qualification to post here is that you've never had an abortion. Take a hike.
Being in debt and celebrating a lower deficit is like being on a diet and celebrating the fact you gained two pounds this week instead of five.

stupendousman
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 12, 2008, 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by iomatic View Post
How do you respond to the fact that both parties are just as guilty of using this maxim, and that while the intent was to show that Obama supposedly called Palin this, McCain was just as guilty of this behavior?
It's already been responded to. I'll repeat:

Hillary had not just used a lipstick metaphor involving herself less than a week before, on national television, in prime-time, to thunderous applause with front page MSM quotations.

FAIL

Either Obama should have been smart enough to see it coming and avoided it, or he did it on purpose.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 12, 2008, 07:12 AM

If someone on the right said "you can put a flag pin on a Marxist, it is still a Marxist" I think the left would lose it's collective mind.
45/47

Captain Obvious
Professional Poster
Sep 12, 2008, 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by iomatic View Post
Rather than address the hypocrisy of this thread, you resort to name calling?

And when the thread title is completely inaccurate?
Obama calls Palin a "pig," should stay at home with kids

I'm not so certain the Obama supporters are the ones who have the double standard here.
1) the hypocrisy in this thread oozes from the Obama supporters who applauded and idly approved of this tactic all year long when it was used by their messiah and only now condemn and object to it when it turned back on Barry.

2) I don't really care what the title of the thread is. I didn't create it. If you take issue with that then it's your problem not mine. Half the threads in here are baited that way and suddenly now its a problem for you? Get a clue.

3) If you'd actually read my posts in this thread before you shot your mouth off you'd have seen that I said in my first response that the claims that Obama meant to insult Palin were exaggerated. The sentiment I apparently didn't make clear enough for you to understand is "so f'ing what?"

Feigned offense and manufactured controversies from bogus insults have been thrown around so many times this year by Obama and his people that its use on him now is absolutely appropriate.
It brings parity to the race.
What better comeback to his bogus claims of racism than bogus claims of sexism?

This election didn't degenerate suddenly this week over the pig comment. It began last winter when Obama and your ilk started labeling his critics as racists when they were vocal about not buying into his dog and pony show. You seemed perfectly fine with putting Ferraro and Bill Clinton on the defensive over the same act you cry about now. At this point it doesn't matter that both sides are guilty of using it. It matters that its equally effective for both camps rather than just the chump throwing his race card down without challenge.

So how do I respond?

You better get used to it.
Obama's chickens have come home to roost
( Last edited by Captain Obvious; Sep 12, 2008 at 08:17 AM. )

ort888
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 12, 2008, 11:00 AM

You're such a blowhard. Who says we applauded it earlier? Are we a hive mind? Find a link where I applauded it.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Sep 12, 2008, 11:23 AM

So what would it take this country to harness this same sort of obsessive attention over the actual issues? There is plenty there to digest and discuss. Obsessing over these sorts of things is like designing a house and obsessing over what kind of toilet seat to get while the rest of the house design is virtually unattended to.

CRASH HARDDRIVE
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 12, 2008, 12:56 PM

I think what you've missed besson3c, is that anyone who cares about actual issues, isn't expecting to see anything of any substance come from the every 4 year sideshow called a Presidential Election.

The Presidential sideshow is exactly about this kind of stupid ****: lots of feigned outraged, the pretend "high road" before the mudslinging that was planned all along starts, the big pretense that someone's going to both saaaaave the world, and "change" and shake up Washington (and gee, wait 4 or 8 years for that exact same crap to get trotted out again!) trying to put lipstick on the pigs we get presented with juuuust long enough to convince a majority of people to vote for one of the other of them.. after which even the lipstick comes off.

I think anyone who really expects much more is at best fantasizing, and at worst, hopelessly naive.

smacintush
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 12, 2008, 01:00 PM

I think what you've missed besson3c, is that anyone who cares about actual issues, isn't expecting to see anything of any substance come from the every 4 year sideshow called a Presidential Election.

The Presidential sideshow is exactly about this kind of stupid ****: lots of feigned outraged, the pretend "high road" before the mudslinging that was planned all along starts, the big pretense that someone's going to both saaaaave the world, and "change" and shake up Washington (and gee, wait 4 or 8 years for that exact same crap to get trotted out again!) trying to put lipstick on the pigs we get presented with juuuust long enough to convince a majority of people to vote for one of the other of them.. after which even the lipstick comes off.

I think anyone who really expects much more is at best fantasizing, and at worst, hopelessly naive.

iomatic
Mac Elite
Sep 12, 2008, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by stupendousman View Post
It's already been responded to. I'll repeat:

Hillary had not just used a lipstick metaphor involving herself less than a week before, on national television, in prime-time, to thunderous applause with front page MSM quotations.

FAIL

Either Obama should have been smart enough to see it coming and avoided it, or he did it on purpose.
As far as I can tell, no one on the Right has responded to the hypocritical critique of Obama's comment. I'm simply saying both parties are just as guilty, the thread title is as stated, flame-bait and inaccurate, and again, this should simply be closed since it's totally inaccurate, and clearly biased unfairly.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Sep 12, 2008, 02:02 PM

Agreed. I admit that I had some hope for a more civil debate based on what Obama and McCain were saying months ago, but fool me once...

That being said, this crap happens because it works, and it works because we let it work. I think the best way to make this stop is that when people prattle on about lipstick, lapele pins, pregnant children, or whatever we tell them to shut the **** up, and we tell the media to shut the **** up...

Well, not exactly in those words, but you get my idea. That is why I wish that here at MacNN we'd have one place left that was insulated from the rest of the country in this respect, but alas it looks like there is no consensus here, witness this thread.

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 12, 2008, 03:25 PM

All who are up in arms with this false sense of outrage really need to just stop it. A little reading comprehension is in order.

"We've been talking about change when we were up in the polls and when we were down in the polls," Obama said as surveys suggested McCain has overhauled his lead for the November 4 election.

"The other side, suddenly, they're saying 'we're for change too.' Now think about it, these are the same folks that have been in charge for the last eight years," the Illinois senator told a crowd of 2,400 people in Lebanon, Virginia.

"You can put lipstick on a pig. It's still a pig. You can wrap up an old fish in a piece of paper and call it change. It's still going to stink after eight years. We've had enough," he exclaimed to a standing ovation.
http://rawstory.com/news/afp/Obama_a..._09102008.html

Now just who is "the other side"? Does this refer to Palin individually? I thought McCain was the one running for president? Wasn't it McCain who said out of his own mouth that he voted with Bush 90% of the time? Was Palin in charge for the last eight years? Last I checked she just arrived on the national scene. If anything, the comment is a slam on McCain and Bush and the Republican majority for much of the this time frame. To suggest that this was directed at Palin is completely incredulous and only makes you look beyond stupid.

OAW

Uncle Skeleton
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 12, 2008, 03:41 PM

All things are about Palin. "They," "We," "She," "He," they all refer to Palin now. If Obama isn't bright enough to realize that then he's not qualified to be president.

kido331
Sep 12, 2008, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by OAW View Post
Was Palin in charge for the last eight years? Last I checked she just arrived on the national scene.
Then Obama should acknowledge that Palin is not one of the "same folks that have been in charge for the last eight years."

Gee-Man
Senior User
Sep 12, 2008, 04:54 PM

You're starting to make a nasty habit out of racially inflammatory remarks. I strongly suggest you check yourself and figure it out. This is not snark, I'm saying this only as a serious observer.

This and the "Obama already has the n***** vote locked up" comment a while back would make anyone wonder about you.

lpkmckenna
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 12, 2008, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by Chongo View Post
If someone on the right said "you can put a flag pin on a Marxist, it is still a Marxist" I think the left would lose it's collective mind.
Uh, that's not an expression in common use. I think you're first ever say it.

TheWOAT
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 12, 2008, 07:03 PM

As someone who is leaning towards Obama, I think he has spent the last 8 months not talking much about the issues, and the issue he did mention often, Iraq, no one seems to care about. So now its kinda flying back in his face.

Captain Obvious
Professional Poster
Sep 12, 2008, 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by Gee-Man View Post

You're starting to make a nasty habit out of racially inflammatory remarks. I strongly suggest you check yourself and figure it out. This is not snark, I'm saying this only as a serious observer.

Spare me the sanctimony.

Religiously inflammatory, politically inflammatory, ethically disconcerting comments... its dripping everywhere you look in here. If somehow you personally view comments you deem as racially inflammatory of greater concern or importance then whoopdidoo. What you may say is of "serious" concern to you will be trivial to another.
Your internal hierarchy of offense doesn't trump that of someone else's. For every comment you may find reprehensible there's someone else in here who is aghast at comments demeaning their religious or moral compass. They don't get to censor those and you don't get to censor mine. Your brand of piety is tiresome to me and yet your thoughts in here get to stand. That's life. If you don't want to see it use the ignore list function.

Furthermore, why in heaven's name would your opinion as an observer (in an internet forum no less) carry any weight with me?

Powerbook
Mac Elite
Sep 14, 2008, 04:15 PM

Aut Caesar aut nihil.

Kerrigan  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 14, 2008, 05:18 PM

That's some sharp satire. . . .

Dork.
Professional Poster
Sep 14, 2008, 06:29 PM

Heh. The cig is a nice touch.

Ratm
Mac Elite
Sep 15, 2008, 12:43 AM

Do you toss salads with that mouth?

hyteckit
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 21, 2008, 06:17 AM

I feel this thread is too important, and needs to be discuss.

Obama calls Palin a "pig", should stay at home with kids.

Forum Links
Forum Rules