Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Alternative Operating Systems > Bootcamp - no bootable device

Bootcamp - no bootable device
mossanimal
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 2, 2009, 02:53 PM

Problems. I just tried installing Windows Vista with Bootcamp. I made my partition too small so I had to get back to OSX to repartition. But I couldn't eject disk... Finally figured that one out, but now when it starts I get a no bootable device message. I tried re-starting by holding the alt/option button and by holding the x button... as I've read about on this forum. But I still get the no bootable drive message.

Please help!!!

goMac
Posting Junkie
Mar 2, 2009, 06:21 PM

Sounds like you forgot to format your Window partition...

Holding down just option should prompt you to either go back to Mac OS or boot from the Windows CD again.
8 Core 2.8 ghz Mac Pro/GF8800/2 23" Cinema Displays, 3.06 ghz Macbook Pro
Once you wanted revolution, now you're the institution, how's it feel to be the man?

mossanimal  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 2, 2009, 07:33 PM

Actually I did remember. The problem was that the batteries were dead in my keyboard. I have now installed Windows... But after installing the Mac drivers I now have a new problem... Windows will not recognize my wireless keyboard or mouse!

Any ideas???

Forum Links
Forum Rules