Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Spanning on ibook 800..What EXT Res?

Spanning on ibook 800..What EXT Res?
cSurfr
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 15, 2002, 11:31 AM

I've seen many a post about the hack that allows monitor spanning on the new 800 ibook, but no one seems to mention the resolution that the ibook can display. Is 10x7 the highest res that the ibook can use when spanning is turned on ? Also is there any way to hook up say, a 15 or 17" Apple Studio to the ibook ? This would be very useful, even if it was only 10x7 as that is the native res for the 15". Thanks in advance

Surfr

flatcatch
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 15, 2002, 06:27 PM

I can select up to 1920 x 1440 @ 60Hz (but my monitor doesn't support that). 60Hz gives me a headache anyway since it's so slow... I use 1280x1024 @ 75Hz. (800Mhz iBook)

Keep the rubber side down!

cSurfr  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 16, 2002, 12:47 AM

Per the previous post, it seems that you could hook up almost any size display to the new ibook. That is great! Thanks for the info!

cSurfr

Forum Links
Forum Rules