Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > WTB: G3 or Lower End G4

WTB: G3 or Lower End G4
cSurfr
Grizzled Veteran
Jun 29, 2003, 03:45 PM

Heyas, I need a machine that will just be used for running OS 9. Looking for a Blue and White G3, or a G4 400 - 500. Nothing major. I can upgrade the ram and such myself. Let me know what you might have to sell.

cS

X-Ray
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 29, 2003, 05:32 PM

I have a Sawtooth G4 tower I want to sell. Where are you located and how much do you want to spend? Right now the current machine specs are:
700 mhz processor, 1.5 gigs ram, Radeon 8500, Samsung combo drive, 2 30 hard drives, USB 2.0 card and Airport card.

Depending on what you want I can:
replace the processor with the stock 400 mhz processor, remove some ram, remove the hard drive[s],remove the Airport card, replace the video card with the stock Rage 128 pro, remove the USB 2.0 card, replace the combo drive with the stock dvd drive, etc.

If you buy it stripped I can actually make more money selling the parts separately. Let know. By the way I'm located in So. California.

cSurfr  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Jun 29, 2003, 09:28 PM

Originally posted by X-Ray:
I have a Sawtooth G4 tower I want to sell. Where are you located and how much do you want to spend? Right now the current machine specs are:
700 mhz processor, 1.5 gigs ram, Radeon 8500, Samsung combo drive, 2 30 hard drives, USB 2.0 card and Airport card.

Depending on what you want I can:
replace the processor with the stock 400 mhz processor, remove some ram, remove the hard drive[s],remove the Airport card, replace the video card with the stock Rage 128 pro, remove the USB 2.0 card, replace the combo drive with the stock dvd drive, etc.

If you buy it stripped I can actually make more money selling the parts separately. Let know. By the way I'm located in So. California.

You Have Mail

X-Ray
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 30, 2003, 11:32 PM

Your message didn't come through (it showed up on mac.com and I could read it but I couldn't reply - why don't your email me at:
rayhill at mac dot com.

ebolla
Forum Regular
Jul 1, 2003, 05:36 PM

hey X-Ray

if your selling i'd like to take that Airport card
if so how does $40 sound?

email or pv me if your interested

X-Ray
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 1, 2003, 06:00 PM

I'm not parting anything out until I get the system sold. Most people probably want the Airport card left in. Not easy installing it in a Sawtooth - no guiderails and the pins are easily bent. Thanks for the offer though.

cSurfr  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 3, 2003, 08:16 AM

X-Ray, sent you another email to both addresses. Let me know if you got them.

cS

X-Ray
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 3, 2003, 05:12 PM

You've got mail and just bought yourself a computer.

foo2
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 3, 2003, 07:00 PM

cSurfr -

If that doesn't work out, let me know. I've got a GigE Dual 500 G4 for sale. 544MB RAM, GeForce 3 graphics card, 40GB 7200 RPM Hard Drive, and *SuperDrive* (a Pioneer A05) - great with iDVD 3 and Finder Disc Burning (and anything else too, of course).

Linky here for pics
http://homepage.mac.com/foo200/G4/PhotoAlbum10.html

Forum Links
Forum Rules