Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Idea for a great new iCal feature

Idea for a great new iCal feature
NeoMac
Mac Elite
Oct 9, 2002, 12:30 AM

I just posted this idea to Apple's iCal feedback. It would be a great feature. If you're in favor, suggest the same to Apple.

I had the idea that integrating weather web services into iCal could be one hell of a useful feature. Hourly** & daily weather information would be displayed in iCal's 'Day' view, while weather forecasts for the upcoming week would be displayed in the 'Week' view.

**The Weather Channel online has this great feature that shows the expected tempretures and winds for every hour of the current day. It's a great feature for the Day view and that is what I mean by 'hourly'.

gcs
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 9, 2002, 06:34 PM

Yeah,
I've got it already by way of my Handspring treo!
I develop automated testing at work, and wrote some automation that pulls the weather forecast, and creates palm datebook entries on my pc (complete with Datebk5 icons).

When I come home and sync my Palm with my iMac, the weather gets updated into iCal...

It would be greate to have this just built into iCal though!

Here's a pic of my iCal & my Palm...

http://homepage.mac.com/georgecs/icalweather.gif

George

Forum Links
Forum Rules