Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > FT: 1.83Ghz Macbook - 2 Months Old

FT: 1.83Ghz Macbook - 2 Months Old
cSurfr
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 9, 2006, 07:02 PM

Hey all! I've been getting into photography recently, and I would like to start using aperture, and as such, a 15" / 17" Powerbook, or an iMac would be quite helpful. So, here's the deal. My macbook is approx 2 months old (I still have the receipt). . It's a 1.83Ghz, 512mb Ram, Combo Drive, AP Extreme, BT 2.0, etc, etc. No dead Pixels or any other screen issues. No issues with the mooing, or the case discoloration, and as far as heat goes. . .I don't think it's any different than any other Apple laptop from the past 3 years

So, to sum it all up, I need a Powerbook or iMac that meets the minimum specs for Aperture. Sorry, the 12" Powerbook won't help me in that regard. I've made quite a few transactions on the forum, and would be happy to provide pics and references.

Thanks!!!
cs
( Last edited by cSurfr; Aug 15, 2006 at 04:10 PM. )
-How pumped would you be driving home from work, knowing someplace in your house there's a monkey you're gonna battle?

sledsbehave
Senior User
Aug 9, 2006, 08:21 PM

i have an imac g5 17" 2ghz, 1gb RAM, 160gb hard drive, superdrive

keyboard and mighty mouse...

not sure, what kind of trade you were looking for, PM or email [email protected]
as ever,
sonny

cSurfr  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 9, 2006, 08:59 PM

email sent.
-How pumped would you be driving home from work, knowing someplace in your house there's a monkey you're gonna battle?

babyduckmonger
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 9, 2006, 09:50 PM

Check your email and/or clear out your PMs, cS
1.5 GHz 15" PowerBook 1024/80/combo/APE/BT2.0
1.42GHz Mac Mini 512/80/combo/APE/BT2.0

My Heatware. It's a work in progress. :)

monkeywrench
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 9, 2006, 09:55 PM

If you sell your macbook and get back to me if you are still interested in my powermac G5.

Good luck buddy!!

AJ

cSurfr  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 9, 2006, 11:14 PM

thanks

cSurfr  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 15, 2006, 04:07 PM

Bump. . . the pending deal fell through as I've not heard from the guy in 5 days now. . . I would be more than happy to trade the Macbook for a Powerbook (15 or 17).

Let me know what you have !!!

RiDDLeRIZE
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 15, 2006, 08:44 PM

Darn! I have a 15" Powerbook G4 that I cud trade....damn those Aperture specs. btw its a 1Ghz, 1Gb RAM, superdrive 15" PB.

CTSxViper
Aug 15, 2006, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by cSurfr
Hey all! I've been getting into photography recently, and I would like to start using aperture, and as such, a 15" / 17" Powerbook, or an iMac would be quite helpful. So, here's the deal. My macbook is approx 2 months old (I still have the receipt). . It's a 1.83Ghz, 512mb Ram, Combo Drive, AP Extreme, BT 2.0, etc, etc. No dead Pixels or any other screen issues. No issues with the mooing, or the case discoloration, and as far as heat goes. . .I don't think it's any different than any other Apple laptop from the past 3 years

So, to sum it all up, I need a Powerbook or iMac that meets the minimum specs for Aperture. Sorry, the 12" Powerbook won't help me in that regard. I've made quite a few transactions on the forum, and would be happy to provide pics and references.

Thanks!!!
cs
Is this a black or white one? I have a 15" Last generation High Res and am interested in a black one. I'm assuming yours is white..

cSurfr  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 15, 2006, 09:44 PM

Yes, mine is white. Apple doesn't make a 1.83Ghz Black one.

JaNeDoe
Forum Regular
Aug 16, 2006, 12:58 AM

How much would you want to sell it outright?
13" (Black) MacBook: 2.0GHz/1.5GB/120GB/SuperDrive. --Lacie 500GB External Hard Drive.--Red Monster Sleeve--Radtech ScreensavR--Mighty Mouse.
80GB iPod [WHITE] with iSee
*PROVEHITO IN ALTUM*

cSurfr  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 16, 2006, 01:12 AM

Originally Posted by JaNeDoe
How much would you want to sell it outright?

Sent you a PM.

RiDDLeRIZE
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 16, 2006, 08:52 AM

Hey, PM me too on that. I didn't know you were interested in selling it outright.

cSurfr  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 16, 2006, 09:07 AM

Pm sent riddler.

sledsbehave
Senior User
Aug 17, 2006, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by sledsbehave
i have an imac g5 17" 2ghz, 1gb RAM, 160gb hard drive, superdrive

keyboard and mighty mouse...

not sure, what kind of trade you were looking for, PM or email [email protected]
i still have this system, if you are still looking for that type of deal
as ever,
sonny

Forum Links
Forum Rules