Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Back for the Attack: Neo-Progressive Skullduggery 2.0

Back for the Attack: Neo-Progressive Skullduggery 2.0 (Page 8)
Cap'n Tightpants  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 17, 2016, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by Chongo View Post
Umm
We have to get rid of all sciences because it's too white?
https://www.facebook.com/vidmaxvids/...7580536802116/
I saw that earlier. The stupidity on display there is unbelievable, not surprising it's yet another liberal arts university. It's a great idea though, they need to leave the internet now, and once they've developed their own, after rediscovering all the sciences on their own, from the ground up, they can join back in with the rest of humanity. That'll take ~5-6 centuries. Good riddance.
"I have a dream, that my four little children will one day live in a
nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin,
but by the content of their character." - M.L.King Jr

Cap'n Tightpants  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 17, 2016, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by subego View Post
Republicans are free to attempt a less fragmented attack strategy.
Which will also be ignored by the regressive media. Hillary can call blacks the N-word and no one but the AP and Reuters will breathe a word about it (props to them for even mentioning it), but any allegation against Trump is the lead story, no matter how flimsy the evidence.

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Oct 18, 2016, 11:22 AM

Cap'n Tightpants  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 23, 2016, 03:51 PM

I suppose this is part of the "reparations" some BLM supporters are wanting.

Cory Batey sentenced to 15 years in Vanderbilt rape case

“But sexual assault was not where the attack ended,” she said. Her sobs intensified as she described what else the men did to her.

“Mr. Batey continued to abuse and degrade me, urinating on my face while uttering horrific racial hate speech that suggested I deserved what he was doing to me because of the color of my skin. He didn’t even know who I was.”

In prior court hearings, prosecutors have acknowledged a racial statement was made but it was never said publicly in court.

On Friday, multiple sources confirmed to The Tennessean the statement Batey made. “That’s for 400 years of slavery you b----,” Batey said, according to the sources.
You won't find this story on MoJo, Vox, or Salon, it's best to just ignore racism that isn't directed towards minorities. Oops, I forgot, SJWs swear that no one can be bigoted towards whites, because of their great "privilege". I suppose, as the rapist claimed, it's some form of justice, I guess?

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Nov 7, 2016, 07:53 AM

subego
Clinically Insane
Nov 7, 2016, 11:21 AM

That's not what he said.

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Nov 8, 2016, 11:43 AM

Another reason Soros needs to be a few bullets heavier.

https://pjmedia.com/jchristianadams/...ral-elections/

Cap'n Tightpants  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 8, 2016, 11:41 PM

That's not what he said.
There's plausible deniability, but I think it can be said he was implying it. I don't think he'd lose any sleep over it.

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Nov 15, 2016, 11:15 AM

Soros need a few dozen 30 cal.s in his head.

More than half of arrested anti-Trump protesters didn't vote in Oregon | KGW.com

Paid out of state 'protestors' ON SOROS DIME.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 15, 2016, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by BadKosh View Post
Another reason Soros needs to be a few bullets heavier.

https://pjmedia.com/jchristianadams/...ral-elections/
More Soros BS
Soros bands with donors to resist Trump, "take back power"- POLITICO
45/47

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Nov 21, 2016, 03:16 PM

So the lousy POTUS says he will be a vocal critic of Trump after he leaves office. I wonder if that will be before or after he gets tangled up in the Clinton mess, or the IRS investigations, etc.

subego
Clinically Insane
Nov 29, 2016, 10:54 AM

So, I got an email from someone running for a seat on the park board. Not here in Chicago, but in a fairly big city.

It contained the line "I want our parks to take climate action for racial justice".

I want to rip the shit out of this, because it's one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read, but I'm torn, because the guy running is my brother.

He's not this big of an idiot... I swear.

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Nov 29, 2016, 11:09 AM

Perhaps someone wrote it for him and he just too quickly parsed over it. Too many catch phrases.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 29, 2016, 11:09 AM

So, I got an email from someone running for a seat on the park board. Not here in Chicago, but in a fairly big city.

It contained the line "I want our parks to take climate action for racial justice".

I want to rip the shit out of this, because it's one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read, but I'm torn, because the guy running is my brother.

He's not this big of an idiot... I swear.
Is your brother in management? It sounds like "Mission Statemet" creep.
45/47

subego
Clinically Insane
Nov 29, 2016, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by BadKosh View Post
Perhaps someone wrote it for him and he just too quickly parsed over it. Too many catch phrases.
I'm not even sure someone wrote it. It's like a Markov chain of buzzwords.

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Nov 30, 2016, 07:01 AM

If it was conservative garbage it would work fine.
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....

subego
Clinically Insane
Nov 30, 2016, 07:56 AM

I don't get it.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 30, 2016, 08:20 AM

I don't get it.
Watch the Weird Al video and you'll understand. Its mission statement creep.
Mission statement generator
Mission statement generator - JonHaworth.com
45/47

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 4, 2017, 04:57 PM

Seriously, please don't give Obama any ideas.
President Obama Declare Martial Law Until the Election Investigation Is Complete.
https://www.change.org/p/president-b...on-is-complete
45/47

subego
Clinically Insane
Jan 4, 2017, 04:58 PM

I'm hoping that's a troll.

Snow-i
Professional Poster
Jan 5, 2017, 04:00 PM

A declaration of martial law by the outgoing administration would start an instant civil war.

subego
Clinically Insane
Jan 6, 2017, 02:27 PM

Declared on the side with the guns.

Snow-i
Professional Poster
Jan 6, 2017, 06:23 PM

Declared on the side with the guns.
If Martial Law were declared, both sides would have guns. The question is, just how many military members would fight against their own country's freedom? After all, their oath is to the nation, not to the POTUS.

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Jan 7, 2017, 05:52 PM

This whole debacle has shown up how awful the American right really are. If they were the freedom-defending patriots they claim to be, they'd be the first up in arms about Trump being installed as Putin's puppet. Surprise surprise they aren't. Instead they scramble to find excuses to keep following Trump.

We aren't talking about bitter democrats trying to make him look bad, these are agencies full of traditionally republican personnel at all levels clearly stating that the election was compromised by the Russians. Not only is Trump doing **** all about it, he is sucking up to Putin at every turn so puppet seems like a really appropriate term.
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 8, 2017, 02:50 PM

While we're talking about "outside influence," I don't recall lefties saying anything about the Obama State department spending $350K trying to unseat Bibi.
Flashback: That Time The Obama Administration Spent Hundreds Of Thousands Of Dollars To Defeat Benjamin Netanyahu - Matt Vespa
The State Department paid hundreds of thousands of dollars in taxpayers grants to an Israeli group that used the money to build a campaign to oust Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu in last year’s Israeli parliamentary elections, a congressional investigation concluded Tuesday.
Some $350,000 was sent to OneVoice, ostensibly to support the group’s efforts to back Israeli-Palestinian peace settlement negotiations. But OneVoice used the money to build a voter database, train activists and hire a political consulting firm with ties to President Obama’s campaign — all of which set the stage for an anti-Netanyahu campaign, the Senate Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations said in a bipartisan staff report.
In one stunning finding, the subcommittee said OneVoice even told the State Department’s top diplomat in Jerusalem of its plans in an email, but the official, Consul General Michael Ratney, claims never to have seen them.
45/47

subego
Clinically Insane
Jan 8, 2017, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by Waragainstsleep View Post
This whole debacle has shown up how awful the American right really are. If they were the freedom-defending patriots they claim to be, they'd be the first up in arms about Trump being installed as Putin's puppet. Surprise surprise they aren't. Instead they scramble to find excuses to keep following Trump.

We aren't talking about bitter democrats trying to make him look bad, these are agencies full of traditionally republican personnel at all levels clearly stating that the election was compromised by the Russians. Not only is Trump doing **** all about it, he is sucking up to Putin at every turn so puppet seems like a really appropriate term.
It's hard for me to get mad about this when I'd be mad at us for not doing the same if the shoe was on the other foot.

I mean, I hope we're spearfishing foreign dignitaries, and if they're dumb enough to fall for it, using the shit against them if it suits our purposes. This includes the part where we use Wikileaks as a cutout.

Snow-i
Professional Poster
Jan 8, 2017, 04:12 PM

Ah yes, an electronic infiltration reveals corruption, and us "awful Americans" should be up in arms about not electing the party that houses the corruption.

Again, if we don't have the same perspective or ideology as you, we are "awful Americans". You still can't see that it's this very attitude that lost you the election? Hell, there's no proof the Russians had anything to do with the leaks, and the leaks were data dumps not fabrications. You'll have to do better than saying it's true over and over than insulting anyone that doesn't eat up your bullshit as fact.

You lay the DNC's corruption at Trump's feet, when the DNC has no one to blame but themselves. The freedom-defending Americans you speak of want to see our elected officials take responsibility, a concept which still eludes you all even when the answer is just about smacking you all upside the head.

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 8, 2017, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by Snow-i View Post
Ah yes, an electronic infiltration reveals corruption, and us "awful Americans" should be up in arms about not electing the party that houses the corruption.

Again, if we don't have the same perspective or ideology as you, we are "awful Americans". You still can't see that it's this very attitude that lost you the election? Hell, there's no proof the Russians had anything to do with the leaks, and the leaks were data dumps not fabrications. You'll have to do better than saying it's true over and over than insulting anyone that doesn't eat up your bullshit as fact.

You lay the DNC's corruption at Trump's feet, when the DNC has no one to blame but themselves. The freedom-defending Americans you speak of want to see our elected officials take responsibility, a concept which still eludes you all even when the answer is just about smacking you all upside the head.
Meme time.
45/47

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Jan 8, 2017, 05:35 PM

This is so tired sounding. The "party that houses the corruption"? Corruption is deeply rooted in both parties, and it seems futile and pointless at this point to try to measure it to see who is worse. At the end of the day systemic corruption is still the problem.

Secondly, why do his statements promote Hillary Clinton's presidency? Why can't he just call BS where it exists, just as you did for years and are still doing? BS is BS, regardless of its source.

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Jan 8, 2017, 10:52 PM

WTF are you even talking about?

The intelligence agencies are saying that the Russians manipulated your dumbass conservatives into electing Trump. They picked your president for you and you ate up their bullshit because thats how dumb you all are. If you think a similar dump wouldn't have revealed the exact same shit about the Republicans (if not considerably worse), you have no business masquerading as a functional adult let alone engaging in political debate. Its laughable that anyone would think the Dems are more corrupt than the Republicans. Trump is handing out jobs to anyone he owes a favour. He might as well be wearing a trench coat and handing out manilla envelopes in dark parking lots.

subego
Clinically Insane
Jan 8, 2017, 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by besson3c View Post
This is so tired sounding. The "party that houses the corruption"? Corruption is deeply rooted in both parties, and it seems futile and pointless at this point to try to measure it to see who is worse.
The point isn't one party is more corrupt than the other.

If I commit a transgression, only to be caught because I'm ratted out, I'm not in the position to start giving lectures on the immorality of being a rat.

This is because, in this particular instance, I am the one "housing the corruption". I didn't get burned because of a moral lapse on the part of the rat, I got burned for committing a transgression.

subego
Clinically Insane
Jan 8, 2017, 11:58 PM

The intelligence agencies are saying that the Russians manipulated your dumbass conservatives into electing Trump. They picked your president for you and you ate up their bullshit because thats how dumb you all are.
I think if someone can't beat Donald frigging Trump by enough of a margin where this doesn't matter, the fundamental problem the camel, not the final straw.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Jan 9, 2017, 12:22 AM

I think if someone can't beat Donald frigging Trump by enough of a margin where this doesn't matter, the fundamental problem the camel, not the final straw.

I agree with this.

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Jan 9, 2017, 07:54 AM

The problem is the camel all right. Its still odd that the camel appears quite happy to let Putin tell it which straw to go for.

BadKosh
Professional Poster
Jan 9, 2017, 10:06 AM

So Nobody thinks Hillarys poor judgement in having her unsecure server is an issue? She is the one to blame. She and her corrupt, incompetent associates got their dirty laundry aired. The FBI etc says the e-mails were authentic, but the left just can't look at the content.

Snow-i
Professional Poster
Jan 9, 2017, 02:13 PM

WTF are you even talking about?

The intelligence agencies are saying that the Russians manipulated your dumbass conservatives into electing Trump.
How? By showing us Podesta's unaltered emails?

Since when is the truth coming out an enemy of democratic elections?

They picked your president for you and you ate up their bullshit because thats how dumb you all are
Let me know when you're done jacking off to the smell of your own farts then maybe we can have a discussion.

If you think a similar dump wouldn't have revealed the exact same shit about the Republicans (if not considerably worse), you have no business masquerading as a functional adult let alone engaging in political debate.
Ah, so we know of a real instance of corruption, and your response is "well I bet you the republicans are doing it too so not only is the DNC's corruption ok, you're an idiot for being Republican".

Partisan much?

Its laughable that anyone would think the Dems are more corrupt than the Republicans. Trump is handing out jobs to anyone he owes a favour. He might as well be wearing a trench coat and handing out manilla envelopes in dark parking lots.
So the dems get caught with their hands in the cookie jar, and just by virtue of your partisan ramblings this somehow proves the republicans are more corrupt?

Snow-i
Professional Poster
Jan 9, 2017, 02:18 PM

This is so tired sounding. The "party that houses the corruption"? Corruption is deeply rooted in both parties, and it seems futile and pointless at this point to try to measure it to see who is worse. At the end of the day systemic corruption is still the problem.
So when we find it, we ought to admonish it right? I'm right there with you brother, but you gotta show me the corruption you keep alluding to in the hypothetical.

Secondly, why do his statements promote Hillary Clinton's presidency? Why can't he just call BS where it exists, just as you did for years and are still doing? BS is BS, regardless of its source.
First he has to make a case that any of this BS falls at the feet of the people he's calling out. It's no secret the liberal democrats are in denial about the cause of their schlepping this election cycle. Blaming Russia, Blaming leaks, blaming anything but the uncontested source of all this hoopla - Podesta and the DNC being corrupt assholes who rigged the primary election, only to complain that their bad deeds coming to light was somehow a rigging of the general election. It's irony at it's best.

Snow-i
Professional Poster
Jan 9, 2017, 02:31 PM

The point isn't one party is more corrupt than the other.

If I commit a transgression, only to be caught because I'm ratted out, I'm not in the position to start giving lectures on the immorality of being a rat.

This is because, in this particular instance, I am the one "housing the corruption". I didn't get burned because of a moral lapse on the part of the rat, I got burned for committing a transgression.
You point me to corruption from anyone, I'll grab my pitchfork. But you gotta show me the proof, as empty partisan accusations without the substance to back it up are just that - empty partisan accusations.

subego
Clinically Insane
Jan 9, 2017, 02:50 PM

The problem is the camel all right. Its still odd that the camel appears quite happy to let Putin tell it which straw to go for.
The camel in this analogy is Clinton. She's the one who ended up with the broken back.

I don't understand the "science" behind the rage on display.

If I'm doing an analysis, I'm going to use data. All I care about is whether the data is accurate.

The data can have been provided by Satan herself, with the intent of starting the apocalypse. If it's accurate, then too bad.

The idea accurate data is invalidated by the moral compass of the source is utterly alien to me.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Jan 9, 2017, 03:21 PM

So when we find it, we ought to admonish it right? I'm right there with you brother, but you gotta show me the corruption you keep alluding to in the hypothetical.
How about calling off an investigating of Russian hacking, like Trump is basically doing now?

Snow-i
Professional Poster
Jan 9, 2017, 04:23 PM

How about calling off an investigating of Russian hacking, like Trump is basically doing now?
To what end do you believe this investigation is going to matter?

Is the authenticity of the released emails in question?
Are there any votes you believe were fraudulently entered on election day by a foreign state actor?

Is there any evidence the releases had a material impact on the election, or is it just speculation?
Is there any evidence the releases originated from Russia, or is it just speculation?

Why don't we first do an investigation of the extent of corruption that was uncovered, then investigate the means by which they were uncovered? Calling off the any investigations into the matter helps the DNC more than the GOP, considering we know there was corruption in the DNC - corruption who's only consequence was being brought to the attention of the American people for the general election.

Snow-i
Professional Poster
Jan 9, 2017, 04:30 PM

The idea accurate data is invalidated by the moral compass of the source is utterly alien to me.
The ends always justify the means.

Anything to deflect responsibility for getting schlepped on Nov 8.

What's funny is, the GOP still won the vast majority of congressional seats on Nov 8 - further evidence that it was not in fact the Russians that handed the presidency to the GOP, but the DNC's piss poor campaigns, policies, etc. So long as there is a boogeyman to blame (no matter how absurd that boogeyman is), that boogeyman will be blamed and the sheep will fall in line. We're seeing the latter here in this thread.

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 9, 2017, 05:21 PM

What's funny is, the GOP still won the vast majority of congressional seats on Nov 8 - further evidence that it was not in fact the Russians that handed the presidency to the GOP, but the DNC's piss poor campaigns, policies, etc. So long as there is a boogeyman to blame (no matter how absurd that boogeyman is), that boogeyman will be blamed and the sheep will fall in line. We're seeing the latter here in this thread.
I contend this is more the result of the gerrymandering that the GOP did after winning the 2010 mid-term elections than anything else. It was a census year and they drew the map in such a manner as to given themselves a structural advantage. Personally, I think congressional districts should be draw by a non-partisan committee than by whatever major political party just so happens to be in control of Congress during a census year. But that's a topic for another thread.

OAW

Chongo
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 9, 2017, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by OAW View Post
I contend this is more the result of the gerrymandering that the GOP did after winning the 2010 mid-term elections than anything else. It was a census year and they drew the map in such a manner as to given themselves a structural advantage. Personally, I think congressional districts should be draw by a non-partisan committee than by whatever major political party just so happens to be in control of Congress during a census year. But that's a topic for another thread.

OAW
Congress does not draw up the districts. The state legislatures, or a state districting commission draw up the lines. Arizona has a commission.
45/47

Snow-i
Professional Poster
Jan 9, 2017, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by OAW View Post

OAW
I agree the gerrymandering is out of control by both parties, but Chongo is right in that it's the states that draw em up, not federal congress.

FWIW, Republicans won the "popular" vote for both the House & the Senate*

*(that is if you remove the California senate seat which had 7.8 million votes cast for two democrats running against each other with no republican on the ballot - if you only include the (D) winner, the Senate popular vote was about even nationwide).

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 9, 2017, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by Chongo View Post
Congress does not draw up the districts. The state legislatures, or a state districting commission draw up the lines. Arizona has a commission.
I stand corrected. But the GOP controlled state legislatures did the redistricting for the most part. Arizona being a notable exception.

OAW

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Jan 9, 2017, 11:42 PM

To what end do you believe this investigation is going to matter?

Is the authenticity of the released emails in question?
Are there any votes you believe were fraudulently entered on election day by a foreign state actor?

Is there any evidence the releases had a material impact on the election, or is it just speculation?
Is there any evidence the releases originated from Russia, or is it just speculation?

Why don't we first do an investigation of the extent of corruption that was uncovered, then investigate the means by which they were uncovered? Calling off the any investigations into the matter helps the DNC more than the GOP, considering we know there was corruption in the DNC - corruption who's only consequence was being brought to the attention of the American people for the general election.

How about simply learning from how this compromise happened, because not having machines compromised is a good thing?

Kind of an obvious answer, no?

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Jan 10, 2017, 12:20 AM

The camel in this analogy is Clinton. She's the one who ended up with the broken back.
Ah, I thought the camel was the US voting public. I guess we still have to wait and see exactly how their back ends up.

Waragainstsleep
Posting Junkie
Jan 10, 2017, 12:35 AM

Ah, so we know of a real instance of corruption, and your response is "well I bet you the republicans are doing it too so not only is the DNC's corruption ok, you're an idiot for being Republican".

Partisan much?

So the dems get caught with their hands in the cookie jar, and just by virtue of your partisan ramblings this somehow proves the republicans are more corrupt?
Its odd that you are so concerned about corruption, you're even keen to disapprove of it when its an internal matter between your political opponents, yet your President elect bribes an AG to drop a fraud case against him, and goes on to offer her a job in his White House as reward, (you know, actual real government corruption) and neither you or any of your fellow righties takes any issue whatsoever.
( Last edited by Waragainstsleep; Jan 10, 2017 at 12:49 AM. )

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Jan 10, 2017, 12:45 AM

I thought Badkosh was the camel.

Forum Links
Forum Rules