Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > Power Macintosh G3 AIO

Power Macintosh G3 AIO
Sub
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 19, 2007, 02:35 PM

I saw a PowerMacintosh (I loved when they called them that) G3 all-in-one on the street the other day, I threw it in the trunk and drove it home, it actually has a USB 1.0 card in the back but when I plugged my apple USB KB and Mouse from an iMac, they didn't respond, I would also like to find the appropriate power cable, how it comes in on the side so you can hide it in the plastic groove in the back. It has a 24x CD drive, built in ZIP drive and floppy drive. I really like the feel of this machine, although its really friggen heavy, I'd like to hold on to it for a while, because I don't see many of them around. In Mactracker, it says they were mainely released for educational purposes, and came with Mac OS 8, mine has 9 tho. Here is a pic:

My question is, does anyone know where I can find a decent KB and Mouse and possible power cord for this thing, because aside from a sticker on the front, this thing is in mint condition. And how much do you think it's worth? Thanks.

I went back there today to see if they had any other stuff, I saw a performa insta- tower and an AV display, but I was riding my bike, so when I came back with my car, it was already gone . No worries tho, I am into this G3.

P.S. sorry if this is in the wrong forum, I think this thing is more an iMac than a PowerMac.

Kenneth
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 19, 2007, 02:53 PM

I think a normal power cord should be fine..with a slimmer cord if you want to keep it within the 'guideline'. Do you have any old ADB keyboard/mouse around?

SLiMeX
Senior User
Jun 19, 2007, 03:28 PM

FTW!
BlacBook | 2.0ghz core duo | 2x320gb | 2gb ram | mba superdrive

Sub  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 19, 2007, 04:17 PM

haha hows OS X run on that thing anyway? And I gave my ADB set away many years ago... by any chance are these mice compatible? They are just so cool...
( Last edited by Sub; Jun 19, 2007 at 08:00 PM. )

goMac
Posting Junkie
Jun 19, 2007, 05:22 PM

Those mice should be compatible.

The Power Mac G3 AIO's use Power Mac guts, so this actually might do better in the Power Mac forum, but that's ok. Other things to look for are the A/V personality cards for them if you plan to stay in 9 land.
8 Core 2.8 ghz Mac Pro/GF8800/2 23" Cinema Displays, 3.06 ghz Macbook Pro
Once you wanted revolution, now you're the institution, how's it feel to be the man?

SLiMeX
Senior User
Jun 19, 2007, 11:51 PM

It actually is not a P-Shop, but genuine. I hacked a copy of OSX and threw in a DVD drive to make it all work.
BlacBook | 2.0ghz core duo | 2x320gb | 2gb ram | mba superdrive

Sub  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 20, 2007, 11:50 AM

Wow...and yeah I plan on keeping 9 on it...
( Last edited by Sub; Jun 20, 2007 at 01:38 PM. )

Forum Links
Forum Rules