Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > How do I control where in a song I want to go on an iPod Touch?

How do I control where in a song I want to go on an iPod Touch?
Ham Sandwich
Feb 3, 2013, 04:14 PM

I can't find this option anywhere... I've tried tilting the iPod and I went into the iPos settings, but I can't find the option to show how far into a track I am.

I know it exists, since I saw someone else with his iPod Touch have an orange progress bar that fills up by the end of the song. And my original iPod also had the option where you could just skip around to various places in a track.

I have several podcasts and I can't be bothered to hold down the >> button for 2 minutes and just guess where I fast-forwarded to.

How do I control where I can skip to in a track on this iPod? I'm using iOS 6.1.

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Feb 3, 2013, 04:21 PM

Tap the screen to show the additional controls.

Same as in pretty much all other audio and video player apps for iOS.

Ham Sandwich
Feb 4, 2013, 11:01 AM

I did that. Nothing happened. It just shows the album cover.

anthology123
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 4, 2013, 01:13 PM

I have an iPhone with iOS 5 and if I touch the album cover, a slider pops up at the top of it giving me the ability to do "hi-speed scrubbing" as it were through the song playing. Find it hard to believe if they took it out.

Ham Sandwich
Feb 4, 2013, 04:06 PM

Either that or it's a bug in iOS 6.1 because it wasn't working yesterday and today it works just fine.

Forum Links
Forum Rules