Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > ip over fire wire

ip over fire wire
yoyoman
Grizzled Veteran
Feb 13, 2005, 02:53 AM

I am having the worst trouble getting my connection to stay. If I do manual dhcp and use like the 192.168.2.x than the emac which has no wireless card I do dhcp no manual I get connected for a few min 10 or so than i get disconnected. Any help will do. What am I doing wrong. I want to surf the web via emac with no wireless 802.11 card.

Detrius
Professional Poster
Feb 13, 2005, 08:15 PM

What are the sleep settings on the computer that is acting as the router?
ACSA 10.4/10.3, ACTC 10.3, ACHDS 10.3

gFizzle22
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 14, 2005, 02:37 AM

Yeah, I've had similar problems with IP over FireWire; it just seems to go out intermittently on it's own...then I just stop and re-start internet sharing and then it works again.

Sophus
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 14, 2005, 10:27 AM

Originally posted by gFizzle22:
Yeah, I've had similar problems with IP over FireWire; it just seems to go out intermittently on it's own...then I just stop and re-start internet sharing and then it works again.
A bit OT, but I did the IP over FireWire thing with my WinXP box yesterday. The Mac acted as server and is on airport. Worked like a charm. I also transferred about 10 gigs of data without any hiccups. Much faster than doing it via Aiprort 10mbps -> router 100mbps -> WinXP. Everything worked flawlessly and without interruptions for the 6 hours or so it was active. When does the problem occur for you? could it be energy saving as suggested?

tooki
Admin Emeritus
Feb 14, 2005, 01:06 PM

Networking forum.

tooki

Forum Links
Forum Rules