Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Next Generation Mac Touch Screen Monitors...

Next Generation Mac Touch Screen Monitors...
fwarhola
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 6, 2008, 11:08 PM

Any word when or if Mac will offer interactive touch screen large monitors like what Microsoft is working on?

Also heard a new generation of HD monitors will be coming out. I'd hate to buy the 30 inch HD monitor and hear a new one is coming soon...

mduell
Posting Junkie
Jun 7, 2008, 01:02 AM

No.

There's always room for improvement (LED backlights, faster panels with wider gamut and less bleed, etc) but I haven't heard any specific rumors.

angelmb
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 7, 2008, 05:07 AM

What about <30 inches displays going over 1920*1200 ?, 1200 is to my needs a joke…

mduell
Posting Junkie
Jun 7, 2008, 12:18 PM

Look for a used (I don't think they're still sold new) IBM T221... 22" @ 3840x2400.

Or buy the 24" Dell and rotate it sideways for 1920 pixels tall.

analogika
Posting Junkie
Jun 7, 2008, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by angelmb View Post
What about <30 inches displays going over 1920*1200 ?, 1200 is to my needs a joke…
Out of interest: what are your needs?

angelmb
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 7, 2008, 03:45 PM

Nothing out of this world really, 2D design. But due to this panoramic-mania thing we get 23, 26 even 28 inches displays which has the same horizontal lines than my old 21 inches CRT Apple Studio Display… which after all is only a 19,8 inches display.

That IBM is certainly out of this world. I have read here about Dell displays being pretty much in the same league (quality-wise) than Apple displays, albeit Apple's are OK but not stellar. I hope LaCie or NEC can bring some new 'not that huge' displays with something better than a 'ten years ago it was awesome' resolution.

Forum Links
Forum Rules